Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2011, 11:03   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift Caught Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I think they should have renamed it long ago and similar renaming should happen to Manza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
No, the renaming did NOT happen yet.
Here's the press release from TaMo. There's no mention of the word Indica in the whole release and the car is called New Tata Vista!

Tata Motors : Media : Press Releases

It is clear from the advertising and communications that they don't want use Indica name for the vehicle. But still when you look at the back of the vehicle it is Indica Vista, though the Indica is very small. Same is the case with the Manza!

Why not completely get rid of it, when you don't want it, Tata?

Last edited by safari_lover : 24th August 2011 at 11:14.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:31   #137
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I have their presentation (New Vista vs New Swift) with me. No where they mentioned Indica in the whole presentation.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:53   #138
Senior - BHPian

The press release mentions that the petrol engine is a 1.4L one with variable valve timing. As far as I know, it is the FIAT 1.4L FIRE unit, as in the Punto EP petrol, which I dont think has VVT.

The only FIAT engines which have variable valve timing are the latest MultiAir engines, which are some of the most advanced petrol engines out there. These are the only production engines to provide fully variable valve actuation, ie variable lift, timing and profile. I doubt that these engines have been offered to Tata.
Old 24th August 2011, 12:01   #139
Senior - BHPian

I wish they had changed the size and shape of those side mirrors. The look oddly sized on both the Vista and the Manza.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 24th August 2011 at 12:05.
Old 24th August 2011, 12:41   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Few phrases that attracted the most - comparison with Liva, Clutch, Steering feel.

Prem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Thanks for summarising the Autocar report well, but at least give them the credit.
Both of you are right, the complete points are taken from Autocar review. Not that I wanted to claim the limelight, I dropped the link because it was mentioned in couple of posts earlier and thought it would be redundancy. I just wanted to provide a summary. Thanks for pointing it, will follow it steadily.

The expectation while using the very same verbiage was that people will understand its taken from the review, looks like I took it for granted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I think they should have renamed it long ago and similar renaming should happen to Manza.
Absolutely. When everyone breaks their head thinking why nice cars like Vista or Manza doesn't sell enough as per expectations, TATA themselves are working on it. But FIRST impression is the BEST impression?? Sales details in the following months should reveal this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So whats new in Indica Vista?
  • TATA drops "Indica" name & calls it TATA Vista.
  • Interior fit and finish is now much better, the two-tone scheme looks nice, panel gaps have been tightened and the soft-touch surfaces on the dashboard are good.
  • The steering wheel now gets wheel-mounted audio controls too.
  • Power mirrors
  • Vista’s interior ambience is very acceptable and better than say the Liva.
  • Excellent space and comfort.
  • The face-lifted Vista uses the same 1.3 Quadrajet engine from the old car
  • The clutch now feels more progressive and easy to modulate in traffic. This makes the Vista easier to drive on daily city commutes and the gearshifts are slicker too now.
  • The brakes which feel a lot better, thanks to a larger 10-inch brake servo that’s been introduced.
  • The steering has better feel too, thanks to tweaks to the hydraulic valves in the power steering system.
Disclaimer:: The above points are summarized from Autocar review. Forgot to post the link in the previous page.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 24th August 2011 at 12:44.
Old 24th August 2011, 13:31   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Yes, I have their presentation (New Vista vs New Swift) with me. No where they mentioned Indica in the whole presentation.
Latheesh. Could you please post the presentation? would be interesting to see TML's perspective of the comparison.
Old 24th August 2011, 14:04   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
Latheesh. Could you please post the presentation? would be interesting to see TML's perspective of the comparison.
There is nothing much in that we do not know. Folks, they closely follow TBHP. There are some reference to some of TBHP member's TD feedback of new Swift.

here is some,

"And now for the bit that lets down the Swift, the boot space or rather the lack of it. Its abysmal, one suitcase horizontally placed is all you can keep. This is the aspect that will drive a family guy away from it. Moreover the loading sil is too high, make sure you have good back. Also felt that the power window switches should've been of better quality and the joystick like power mirror knob is a disaster waiting to happen especially with guys like me that have clumsy fingers"

"My wife who accompanied me and is in no way related to cars except for the fact that they transport her comfortably from point A to point B said there is nothing NEW in the new Swift! Maruti has also priced the Swift steeply and even the petrol version commands a 2-3 month waiting period in addition to the 4 month period of its diesel sibling. As is well known, name sells in India and the new Swift, the VDI and ZDI versions of which are rediciously priced will find many takers. I did not find anything pathbreaking in the new Swift for it to command such a premium"

"The Indica Vista refresh (to be launched tomorrow) with new nomenclature (VX, ZX, etc) is a much improved version of a car that is severly underestimated"

"I had an opportunity to test the new Swift yesterday. While the dynamics, handling are all appealing I feel the interiors are made up of cheap shiny plastics and are similar to ones found on the Figo. Even the centre console for the Zxi version looks cheap in my opinion. Bar has been raised in my opinion and MSIL has fallen short in new swift interiors"

Few key advantages of VISTA VX against Swift VDi/VXi

Advantage Vista- with the competitive overall interior usable space
Advantage Vista- Varied engine options to suit all needs (2 petrol and 2 diesel options)
Version to Version price difference
Dual tone interior
Rear demister
Rear wiper
Adjustable lumbar support
Flexible 60:40 rear seats
Rear power outlets
Blue 5 music system with blue tooth connectivity
Illuminated key hole
New colour options
Chrome lining
Body colour rub rails with chrome inserts
Chrome on weather strips and door handles

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th August 2011 at 14:21.
Old 24th August 2011, 14:57   #143
BHPian

Re: 2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L

Yes, the dispatches from plant have started and all the dealers will have stocks by 1st Sept. Have seen them lined up at Pandit Auto's(Pune) yard in the city outskirts yesterday.
It takes time to reach all over India. Also, found many of them lined up for loading in to car carries in yards near the plant at Chikli.

Just found this in one from one of the forwards,

"New Tata Vista, creates a sedan class segment among hatchbacks[ 23rd Aug 2011 ]
Tata Motors today launched the new version of its premium hatchback, the Tata Vista. The new Tata Vista delivers a sedan-like experience, with its powerful engine options, stunning new look, state-of-the-art features and segment leading interior space which has always been its signature. The new range will be available at Tata Motors dealerships from September 1, 2011.

The new Tata Vista comes with a new front chrome grill, complemented with a new triple barreled head lamp, for excellent visibility in low-light conditions. The car has generous chrome package on the exteriors, sporty new alloy wheels and a new signature color, Summer Sparkle. A mirror polished garnishing below the rear windshield adds to the distinctiveness of the exteriors.

The interiors, with soft feel dash board and door pads,too match the experience of a sedan. The 4-spoke steering wheel now sports audio controls, which controls a fully integrated 2-DIN music system. It offers connectivity via USB, Auxiliary input and Bluetooth using the Blue 5 technology that helps pair upto 5 mobile phones. Outer rear view mirrors can be adjusted electrically using the joystick on the drivers side door pad and electrically operated HVAC controls add style and convenience.

Besides, it allows adjustable driving positions with tilt-adjustable steering wheels and height adjustable driver''s seat with lumbar support. In the rear, the 60:40 flip and fold rear seat makes room for luggage.

The car will be powered by the internationally acclaimed 1.3 litre common rail direct injection Quadrajet diesel engine and 1.4 litre MPFi Safire petrol engine with variable valve timing technology. The diesel engine delivers 75PS of max power at 4000 RPM, while the petrol engine delivers max power of 90PS at 6000RPM. The new Tata Vista delivers a mileage of 22.3 kmpl for diesel and 16.7 kmpl for petrol.

The other major addition is the Clutch-to-Start feature which ensures that one cannot crank the engine unless the clutch is fully pressed, hence there is no risk of re-crank if engine is on.

Other driveability pleasures include:

· Lower pedal clutch effort and smoother clutch operation.

· Improvement in braking efficiency by 15% owing to the bigger brake booster.

· Lighter and more responsive steering

· Smoother gear shift due to improved shift mechanism.

Four top of the line safety & security features like ABS with EBD, dual airbags, crumple zones and side intrusion beams complete safety of the passengers. Features like engine immobilizer and remote keyless entry complete its sedan like experience.

The Tata Vista will come in 4 trim levels- LS/ GLS (base version), LX/ GLX, VX/ GVX and ZX/ GZX (top-end version) and will be offered in 6 colors, Summer Sparkle, Porcelain White, Arctic Silver, Spice Red, Brilliant Blue and Cavern Grey.

The new Tata Vista, despite its premium features, has been competitively priced, starting from Rs. 3.88 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi) for the Safire petrol range and from Rs. 4.79 lakhs for the Quadrajet diesel range (ex-showroom, Delhi). "

Last edited by Maverick79 : 24th August 2011 at 15:02.
Old 24th August 2011, 17:11   #144
BHPian

Quote:
The press release mentions that the petrol engine is a 1.4L one with variable valve timing. As far as I know, it is the FIAT 1.4L FIRE unit, as in the Punto EP petrol, which I dont think has VVT.

The only FIAT engines which have variable valve timing are the latest MultiAir engines, which are some of the most advanced petrol engines out there. These are the only production engines to provide fully variable valve actuation, ie variable lift, timing and profile. I doubt that these engines have been offered to Tata.
Tata Motors Website says its VVTT (Variable Valve Timing Technology), below is the link. I hope it holds true and not any mistake from Tata.

Vista | Sedan Class
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-vista.jpg  

Last edited by driving_smartly : 24th August 2011 at 17:18.
Old 24th August 2011, 17:44   #145
BHPian

Re: 2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L

TDI specd' Vista Lx equivalent of Aqua is now Rs 488,000/-a steep 60K+ increase in price Tata discouraging TDI engines on Vista?

Availability of USB+Aux along with steering mount control from Lx is a significant Advantage Vista feature

60:40 split seat should have been offered on LX onwards.

At Rs. 550,000/-VX has most needed safety, comfort, convenience features at 20K price increase from LX.

At Rs. 611,000/- (optimistic price for a Vista) ZX comes with front airbags and alloywheels on top of VX at 60K+ price is very expensive for these two addtional features.
Old 24th August 2011, 18:13   #146
BHPian

Just got a call from Tata Motors Showroom @ Wakdewadi Pune. There is a test drive mela especially for the newly launched vehicles Aria and Vista (Not INDICA Vista ) in the ground behind Agriculture College, Shivajinagar, Pune - 5. This will be held this Saturday and Sunday. Quite a lot of freebies going even for the new Launch. You get into a lucky draw by taking a test drive. You get 30k exchange bonus if you exchange your old car. AND a Tank full of fuel in your new car if you book at the mela.

@Harimakesh Vista VX gets ABS and EBD but no airbags

What ZX gets extra is the Airbags, the MID and the Alloys. Still 60 grand extra is not worth it.

Last edited by antz.bin : 24th August 2011 at 18:36.
Old 24th August 2011, 18:13   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Tata Motors Website says its VVTT (Variable Valve Timing Technology), below is the link. I hope it holds true and not any mistake from Tata.

Vista | Sedan Class
Yeah, I saw the website too.

But I seriously doubt that this is correct. FIAT never developed a VVT engine, becuase it took them more than a decade to develop the highly acclaimed MultiAir engines. FIAT did have a version of the 1.4L FIRE engine which had variable intake mainfold system, but the ones in India dont use these.

So, unless Tata have developed a VVT system of their own, this claim seems completely false. Even if they have, the max torque and power figures dont seem to have changed even one bit from the standard FIAT engine.

On a different note, the website seems pretty cool.

Last edited by julupani : 24th August 2011 at 18:15.
Old 24th August 2011, 18:27   #148
BANNED

Interesting pricing. For a price less than the price of the Swift petrol, Tata gives you Indica Vista Diesel Quadrajet with more features minus Air Bags and Alloys but charge 60k's more for just Air Bags and alloys making the top end diesel slightly on the expensive side.
Old 24th August 2011, 18:37   #149
BHPian

Quote:

But I seriously doubt that this is correct. FIAT never developed a VVT engine, becuase it took them more than a decade to develop the highly acclaimed MultiAir engines. FIAT did have a version of the 1.4L FIRE engine which had variable intake mainfold system, but the ones in India dont use these.

So, unless Tata have developed a VVT system of their own, this claim seems completely false. Even if they have, the max torque and power figures dont seem to have changed even one bit from the standard FIAT engine.

If the claim is true then we should at-least see a VVT badging along with Vista 90ps. If not then Tata is surely taking customers for granted

1. Is it a genuine mistake or something planned ?
2. If the matter/claim in the content is false then who is liable for this ?

Yes, the website seems to be cool but the facts and figures needs to be foolproof.
Old 24th August 2011, 20:27   #150
BHPian

Quote:

The Safire65 that I have is also a VVT. I checked with a friend who is on the engineering side with Tata and he confirmed that VVT is present on both Safire engines which are helping them to give better FE figures even with such high kerb weights.

I checked the manual and it clearly mentions VVT engine.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed