Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 20:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria 4X2 launch next week; Fiesta launch on July 10th

I don't know what is taking so long for TaMo to launch the new versions? It's almost a month now since the deliveries to the dealers reported. TaMo expecting good demand and building inventory?
How long does it take, normally, for a firm to formally launch the vehicle after dispatching to dealers?
Old 25th July 2011, 22:58   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
As per Motorbeam Report (refer below link) the 4X2 Aria is expected to be launched on 02 Aug 10:

However, I do doubt the tentative pricing that they have reported in the article, which is INR 60K-100K (only) lower that the 4X4 Aria Pleasure variant. If this is true, the Sales will be dud for the 4X2 variant... or Tata Motors wants people to purchase the 4X4 variant only, & that too in small numbers.
Since Safari charges a 1.2L or so for the 4x4 option, I expect TATA to reduce at least that much to bring down the price of Aria. And some one also mentioned that some features were deleted from the 4x2 Aria. So all the more reduction in price. Unless they bring the price down to Innova levels, they really cant compete. If they can delete a handful of equipments and price it around 10L, it would be seriously competing with the Innova [some percentage]. And I don't think the base version at that level will go the taxi market way as well since Innova is much cheaper with respect to the base variant. Unless TATA is able to do an ad campaign with Tag line "Aria now from 10L onwards..", it may not grab enough attention.

Wasnt there a "Pure" variant for Aria??
Old 26th July 2011, 01:48   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
Since Safari charges a 1.2L or so for the 4x4 option, I expect TATA to reduce at least that much to bring down the price of Aria. And some one also mentioned that some features were deleted from the 4x2 Aria.
The only thing apart from the 4x4 drivetrain that is confirmed deleted are the alloys. But there still should be a substantial (1.5L, as reported earlier) drop for it to actually make a difference to the sales of the Aria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
Wasnt there a "Pure" variant for Aria??
It was even mentioned in the scoop brochures. Now that version could be a contender for the Innova. Unless Tata intends to introduce that after another year!!
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:28   #64
BHPian

i saw one big hoarding of Aria 4x2 at kalamasery- cochin. as per that hoarding its price starts from 11.6lacks
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:15   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijan View Post
i saw one big hoarding of Aria 4x2 at kalamasery- cochin. as per that hoarding its price starts from 11.6lacks
This pricing is welcome but would still have hoped they launched along with the high end. Atleast a lower sticker price would have forced a few more to atleast check this out. The current high end pricing makes a lot of buyers cut it off the lost even without checking it at the showroom.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

Tata Aria 4x2 prices (ex showroom delhi) Aria 4x2 prestige 14.26 lakh Pleasure 12.61L Pure(new) 11.61 Lakh.
Source - Hormazd Sorabjee on Twitter
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:12   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

So the new prices look like this. [4x2 Vs 4x4 prices]

Tata Aria 4X2 launch next week; Fiesta launch on July 10th-aria.jpg

Now whats wrong with the prices??? The 4x4 costs only a 60 K ? Why do they charge the Safari another 1.2L for 4x4 option then?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd August 2011 at 12:21.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:24   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So the new prices look like this. [4x2 Vs 4x4 prices]

4x2 4x4 Difference
==== ==== =========

Pure(new) - 11.61 L - -

Pleasure - 12.61 L 1325340 64,340/-

Prestige - 14.26 L 1484444 58,444/-

Pride - - 1584446

Now whats wrong with the prices??? The 4x4 costs only a 60 K ? Why do they charge the Safari another 1.2L for 4x4 option then?
I think its not only about charging for 4X4 rather a market based pricing, if they would have lowered the prices of 4X2 any further the initial buyers would have been frustrated and also the premium tag they are trying to put on the vehicle would have been lost.

An observation which i feel must have mainly decided the prices, Innova VX sells majorly in private segment at a pricing of 12.5 (apprx) while the GX (10.8 app) and G sales are dominated in commercial usage. At 11.6 Aria is trying to dig into the creamy private segment by offering them a discount over VX while at the same time not to be a favourable option for taxi/cab owners. Astute pricing
kaks15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:52   #69
Senior - BHPian

Also, Tata has to make sure that there is enough room (price-wise) to introduce the Safari Merlin as well. They won't want the Safari and Aria eating into each other's market.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

The Aria website is being updated. We have to see what kit or otherwise the Pure variant has and then compare it with the Innova. As the Aria will have to remain well kitted out to even remotely challenge the Innova.

The Pleasure variant though is pretty much similarly priced as the Innova VX and its definitely has much better specs.

But one problem remains, even though the Aria Pleasure may be better on spec than a Innova VX, at the end of the day we are comparing the "base" model of a Tata, to a "top" model of a Toyota. This creates a mindset in a customer's mind which will remain, and is not in the Aria's favour.

Last edited by julupani : 2nd August 2011 at 13:02.
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:28   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Aria Pure 4x2 remains decently kitted, No airbags though.

Major features

ABS
Driver height adjust
All disc brakes
Follow me home headlamps
rear wash / wipe
Electric OVRM
Dual A/C

Features omitted

Steering wheel audio controls
No Alloy wheels
Airbags
reverse parking sensors

But I am still not convinced why should not I go for the 4x4 option since the price difference is not substantial. I guess they could have done better.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:16   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Also, Tata has to make sure that there is enough room (price-wise) to introduce the Safari Merlin as well. They won't want the Safari and Aria eating into each other's market.
I am also pondering as if what Aria and Safari Merlin will do each other when both are in the market.
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:10   #73
BHPian

TATA Aria Pure priced at 11.6L for a normal 4x2 MUV which competes with Toyota Innova top range which comes with Alloywheels, airbags etc at 12.4L

Reducing ONLY 60K as difference between a 4x4 and 4x2 is showing their greed

Merlin will do what ARIA didnot do? may be if they Keep 2L difference in price. Another pricing mess typical of TATA
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

If you want the airbags, you can always go in for the Pleasure in 4x2 variant which is still 12.6lakhs.

And overall, the Aria may not have the Alloys in the bottom 2 variants, but overall it still has better kit than the Innova.

As for the pricing it is definitely forced by the Merlin.

Even right now, the Safari VX 4x2 is priced similarly to the Aria Pure.
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:36   #75
BHPian

the price reduction is nowhere close to the intial estimates of 1.2L. I think they should have reduced the pride and prestige versions by atleast 1L.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks