Team-BHP - Tata Aria 4X2 launch next week; Fiesta launch on July 10th
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Aria 4X2 launch next week; Fiesta launch on July 10th (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/104015-tata-aria-4x2-launch-next-week-fiesta-launch-july-10th.html)

As mentioned earlier in the sales thread, Its confirmed that tata will launch its aria in 4 by 2 guise in base "pleasure" variant by this weekend/ next week. I had a look at the car at a stockyard and the only difference is the absence of "adapterra" and 4X4 badging on the flanks and the tailgate. Supposed to be cheaper by 1.5 lakh, estimated. sorry, I wasn't allowed to take pics as the condition to see the vehicle.
Exterior wise, its the same as the typical 4 by 4 aria pleasure with steel wheels and blacked out grille. Whether it will be available in prestige and pride, its not confirmed. Only after launch will the news be available.

Meanwhile, ford will launch its much awaited new fiesta on July 10th, the Chandigarh dealer confirmed. It will be available in ZXI, Titanium and Titanium plus models. Variant specific features will be announced on 10th only.

Here are the shots of the display car arrived at Chandigarh.

A lakh and a half cheaper makes the Aria a desirable car to own. It is the best built Tata yet and a worthy competitor to the Innova at these prices. Looks like a soft launch though. No media attention around it.

Ooh, both good news!!!
And highly anticipated too, what about the 'Pure' version of the Aria @sidindica? Any info about that?
Anyway again done it Scoopmaster.

thanks Sid.
1.5 lacs won't help Aria. 2.5-3L down would help. Tata hasn't taken the market feedback, and Aria is going to languish in sub par sales figures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 2418374)
Ooh, both good news!!!
And highly anticipated too, what about the 'Pure' version of the Aria @sidindica? Any info about that?
Anyway again done it Scoopmaster.

Let it get launched...the model I saw had the pleasure badging but the sales manager also claimed that some aria pure model will be available in 4 by 2 guise. Even i am not too sure so cannot comment.

Aria seems to be a very capable vehicle. I took a TD of Aria (from Concorde who were very reluctant to offer TD on Aria) while booking for Manza and I must admit that this Car deserves more kudos than what its getting now. The build quality is Solid and it feels like a whole new breed. the road presence is awesome, the engine was smooth and the vehicle was eager to jump ahead, i was pleasantly surprised with it's pulling power considering it's a heavy vehicle. Anyways, the cost was too heavy for Tata to handle. I bet if this vehicle wore a 'Toyota' or "Honda' badge, it would have sold like hot cake for the same price...
Good news that Tata is launching the base variant with slashed prices.. Hope to see more of these Mightily capable vehicle on road !!!

Awesome scoops Sid ! You are back in action ahead of the festival season. A better news for the bhpians. clap:

So the Aria at a 1.5L lesser will cost 11.75L ex showroom Delhi for the base variant. Will have to wait and see the market response to this.

And the much awaited launch of Fiesta on July 10. Does the deliveries also start immediately. If so, there is something exciting to look in July sales figures thread.

Thanks for the update, Sid! I think you should have started two separate threads for these two launches though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyWalker (Post 2418386)
thanks Sid.
1.5 lacs won't help Aria. 2.5-3L down would help. Tata hasn't taken the market feedback, and Aria is going to languish in sub par sales figures.

I think Tata has deliberately priced the ARIA higher. I dont want any profit out of it. They want to get rid of their taxi image.
So the 1.5L reduction is justified.

Great News Sid! Long time since you have come out with a scoop buddy?!

The launch of 4 x 2 Aria was expected. Tata seems to have missed out the bus once again with this small reduction in prices.

I expected that TATA would learn a thing or two after the miserable sales of the 4 x 4. But, I guess TATA has a completely different thought process. Let us wait and watch.

I don't understand why 1.5 L price reduction on the Aria is too less. If we compare the feature specs of the Pleasure variant then it matches/overtakes the highest variant of Innova. And will still cost about a lakh less than the Innova. Wasn't this what all wanted? Aria priced less than Innova but with more features?
And the Pure variant could be a similar match on the Innova G. Looks like Tatas are targeting the top two variant of the Innova! Hope this will bring the success that Aria deserves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari_lover (Post 2418806)
I don't understand why 1.5 L price reduction on the Aria is too less. If we compare the feature specs of the Pleasure variant then it matches/overtakes the highest variant of Innova. And will still cost about a lakh less than the Innova. Wasn't this what all wanted? Aria priced less than Innova but with more features?
And the Pure variant could be a similar match on the Innova G. Looks like Tatas are targeting the top two variant of the Innova! Hope this will bring the success that Aria deserves.

Inspite of all the reasoning and add the performance of the sold ARIAs on the ground, the sales are just not picking up. So, the reason for bad sales could be the combination of the following

1) Higher price - as in the price itself is not higher. But relatively the consumer does not want to spend Rs. 14-17 lakhs for a TATA vehicle

2) The looks of ARIA does not differentiate much from Innova inspite of TML positioning ARIA as a crossover

3) AWD is not really considered important to justify a lakh and half more

4) The consumer is still hungover with the brand value of Toyota and considers TML as just a vfm vehicle maker

TML could have aggressively marketed the product from now until the festival season, but chose to go with the cheaper variant instead. However knowing that the pure variant was never launched, launching the 4X2 variant now after launching the 4X4 variants seem like some sales/marketing strategy gone bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2418359)
Meanwhile, ford will launch its much awaited new fiesta on July 10th, the Chandigarh dealer confirmed. It will be available in ZXI, Titanium and Titanium plus models. Variant specific features will be announced on 10th only.

Here are the shots of the display car arrived at Chandigarh.

From where do you got this detail ?
Any pricing details or guesses !
As few days I had Tele-convo with with the SE of Local Ford dealership & he was clueless about any Info regarding this car but he only added that, the car is going to be launched by July-end with deliveries beginning from Aug-beginning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari_lover (Post 2418806)

Well, Life's not fair :)

none of the Tata higher end cars are selling well. I am afraid just 1L less is not enough to entice anyone going for a Toyota to look at Tata. Mahindra tried that with Xylo, and they actually are a better selling brand compared to Tata when it comes to 10L+ SUVs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2418359)

Thats good news. Ford had advanced the launch of Fiesta by a couple of days. Have intimated the local dealer and he has promised to give me a call for the TD once its at the showroom. :thumbs up