Team-BHP - Hyundai at it again - AD comparing Fiesta TDCi and Accent CRDi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai at it again - AD comparing Fiesta TDCi and Accent CRDi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10405-hyundai-again-ad-comparing-fiesta-tdci-accent-crdi.html)

Guys.. I think many of you might have woken up yesterday morning at the Hyundai's newspaper ad saying Accent CRDi is atleast 3 years ahead of its competition
Also there was a comparision table comparing various features - Power, Mileage, Ride and Handling are that I can remeber today - with that of Fiesta and in all that category Accent was ahead of Fiesta.. In the end Fiest was having 3.5 starts wheras Accent was given a 4.5 star.

Reminds me of Swift vs Santro comparision..

Atleast we all know that Fiesta's FE is not 12 odd KMPL as quoted in that ad. That ad was quoting figures as provided by some auto magazine. Anyone remembers?

Whay you people think.. welcome proud Fiesta owner - atleast I know one here from Chandigarh!lol:

That magazine is Overdrive. Who knows, maybe a secret agreement between Overdrive and Hyundai. Overdrive has maligned almost all the models of Fiesta in January Issue, in the name of comparisons...

This is like hitting below the belt - but nothing new from Hyundai

Remember that 5 seat belts ad comparing santro with wagonr and zen
and the one where they tried to undercut the NHC for its low performance..

Dunno when Hyundai is going to stop with such childish non-sense - the decent way to retort to a competitors new offering should be to come out with a better model of your own and not try to make some petty comparisons

and guess what!.. this is team-bhp.... we question such things..... BUT the public at large does not!!.... thats how hyundai gets most of its sales!

Whatever one might say ... at the end of the day if Hyundai has positive sales response to such stuff..... they'll call it good marketing.

I saw the ad few weeks ago, but hardly can you fault Hyundai for stating the obvious here....It got the CRDi technology in a sedan here well before Ford did and the Accent does have better numbers for power, torque as well.

Of course comparing only favourable things isn't on so I get the point you are making. But I remember "Ford" doing the exact SAME when the Fusion came out.....comparing its 100bhp and multi-utility to a NHC (77bhp sedan)
That ad was more idiotic in my opinion coz it didnt make any sense!

Taking favourable points for comparison is age old trick which each and every company does. There is nothing foolish about it, though it may appear so for better equipped people, who can recognize it.

Mahindra did it in their Scorpio ads. So has Hyundai, Ford in the past.

Also to add,,,when the Elantra was launched, everyday in the papers one could see an ad comparing it to the corolla.

How can such a Ugly car even think of matching itself to a Toyota.lol:

I personally think the Elantra CRDi is better VFM than a Corolla. And yes, it looks better too.

I'm struggling to see Fiestas on the roads. To date, I have seen maybe ten or fifteen, if that many. The car seems to be a complete dud, and with Ford's ASS and beautiful and enthusiastic dealers, I don't wonder why.

Saw the ad. IMHO it was very dumb.
We just got our irsta and the car is giving anaverage of 14kmpl before the service.
Also the power is impressive. The car was easily keeping up with an Indigo TDi w/o being driven recklessly wheras the indigo was racing.
Also, the number of fiestas in Mumbai roads has increased quite a bit.
They started deliveries in end November and i see loads of cars.
I am waiting to see Ford retaliate to the Hyundai ad or perhaps they're too good to stoop to such low levels.
BTW anyone read the Mid Day today? There was an article on how the ACI car of the year was selected.
Our Man Hormazd was quoted saying " One of the factors that fiesta looses in is the picing". Please correct me but wasn't he raving at the car's price when it was launched?

Also in the table, where they have compared the swift, innova and the fiesta, the have said that the one con of the fiesta is the interiors wheras ACI mentions that the Interiors are a notch below that of the NHC ZX.
OT, they also said that the Innova's one con is that it looks like a van. So please tell me, if it isn't a van what is it? a hatchback or a sedan?

And from experience, OD is way worse mainly because they are biased. As is Top Gear. Have you seen the answers to the queries in Times Drive?

Overdrive has been majorly used for COMMERCIAL purposes.

I definitely can't pay to read what a manufacturer has to say about his Product! Its gonna be obvious.

OD was good, has become absolute bunk rubbish for the last two years. I dont know how they could so blatantly show their bias. Sad, really.

I'm sure that with some creative thinking, some ad person could come up with a comparative ad showing the Armada as being better than a Landcruiser...or the Amby as better than an Accord

You just have to ignore the parts where your product loses and instead mention even the most trivial detail in which it pips its rival.

cheers

zaphod

useless bit of trivia: Comparative ads are illegal in some countries - Spain and Saudi Arabia are two of them IIRC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritik123
How can such a Ugly car even think of matching itself to a Toyota.lol:

Being Toyota doesn't make corolla good looking car. In fact, I find Corrolla's front and tail lamp cluster quite ugly. Front grill and headlamp combination gives it quite confused look. It looks better from side.

Ford has been printing ads of ikon in TOI for the past few days. And guess wot! They have added fog lamps, a sporty steering and a sporty gear knob and labelled it NEW IKON!! ***!!
EDIT: I think we should have a single thread for the rediculous ads that car manufacturers and dealers bring out to take the common man for a ride (literally)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
I am waiting to see Ford retaliate to the Hyundai ad or perhaps they're too good to stoop to such low levels.

haha now thats funny or you never saw the Fusion ads in papers comparing it to the NHC ? ;-)

Just coz you own a certain car doesnt mean that company is perfect which is what most people on here seem to think and like they have to defend anything that company does....:-)