Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2006, 21:27   #16
BHPian

was he wearing the seat belts cos air bags are useless if u ar'nt wearing ur belts ...i fact they could worsen the situation
Old 16th February 2006, 22:54   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

With Mercedes, if you aren't wearing your seatbelt, the airbags don't work.
Heard of a case where these people driving a brand new E to Amby Vally had an accident in one of the turns and they weren't wearing seatbelts because they were near the location and in the crash, the E's owners wife dies on the spot because her head reportedly was split open. Also they had to get out of the sunroof as the doors weren't opening.
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:52   #18
BANNED

C'mon guyz!
Blaming the car for one's accident is ABSOLUTELY NOT FAIR!
The driver dunno how to save himself from an accident! that's the sum up of any accident!

No matter What car you're driving, if you dont have a mind as fast as the car, then you'll be invited to an accident party anytime!

Driving slow will not save you from crashes! Application of mind and senses does!
Next time you hold that wheel, Be prepared with your mind. It's the thing that'll save you.

I was involved in an accident when I was driving above 160Kph in South africa. The car was a Merc E320. I skid out of control and by some hairline difference I didnt hit any car on the road but I was out of the highway and crashed with my side to the nearby trees. All the airbags popped out and I was safe. Not even a scratch or a pain in my body. It took days to accept this reality. But the fact was Me and my friend was unhurt. The most amazing part was that the car was easily towed back to highway and it was still drivable. Not to risk ourselves further, we waited for the mercedes assistance to come for help. We called them, they were there in about 25mins (it was sunday). And while waiting for the assistance, we heard an announcement in the radio informing about our accident in radio. I still remember the words : "
Quote:
A white mercedes has skid off the road and crashed into nearby trees after offramp no. 31 at M1 south. The traffic has not been affected and the occupants seems to be safe
"

Now that's what we call a traffic update! Is'nt it??
Old 23rd March 2006, 17:58   #19
DRC
BHPian

The best safety device is common sense.. All others are supplimentary...

Take care while you drive...
Old 23rd March 2006, 18:09   #20
BHPian

Wearing your seat belt is the best thing one can do. All safety features of a car are useless without seatbelts. Seatbelts can make a difference between life and death. Please use your seatbelts even if you are in the backseat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks