Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2011, 11:28   #166
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Do I see a VVT badge? Or a side indicator?
yes it is the VVT badge. Infact the side indicators are on the ORVM
Old 16th July 2011, 21:11   #167
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

I had booked a 2nd Generation Maruti Suzuki Swift Diesel in April. Today I received a letter from my MSIL Dealer (Sai Service, Lower Parel), asking me to upgrade my booking. Here are pictures of the letter (sorry but I don't have access to a scanner at the moment).

I have however changed my mind to go for the Polo 1.6, so I will be cancelling this booking shortly. I will wait for the launch before doing so (just to be absolutely sure).
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-img01225201107162056.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-img01219201107162055.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-img01223201107162056.jpg  

rtm_8055 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 22:22   #168
BHPian

That means there'll be the seprate queues for the booking of new Swift.
I'm going to book the All new Swift ZDi on Monday but somehow not conviced with the build quality of current Swift, that's why hesitating for booking it.
So, Any of you guys please guide me What to do now ?
Is it better to wait for another month for its launch to see what's the type of car actually is or to go with booking & cancel it later on as the demand of the moment.

BTW, Heard the conversation of the video posted yesterday, from it the car seems to be great.
Anyways, Thanks rtm for sharing the crucial info with us.
Old 16th July 2011, 22:53   #169
BHPian

One of my relatives have got the delivery of the new swift in jabalpur. I am not able to get the pictures, can someone from jabalpur please check. If it has been delivered there as they told me that car is roomier then the old swift and has lot nicer interiors but i was not able to beleive it.
Old 16th July 2011, 23:26   #170
BHPian

There's some news on motorbeam.com about new swift getting launched with VVT 90BHP engine.
http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/maruti...ed-camouflage/
Old 16th July 2011, 23:50   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
So, Any of you guys please guide me What to do now ?
Is it better to wait for another month for its launch to see what's the type of car actually is or to go with booking & cancel it later on as the demand of the moment.
Better give a booking and cancel if it doesnt suffice. If you are ok with the quality, you will save the waiting period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
One of my relatives have got the delivery of the new swift in jabalpur. I am not able to get the pictures, can someone from jabalpur please check. If it has been delivered there as they told me that car is roomier then the old swift and has lot nicer interiors but i was not able to beleive it.
Highly unlikely since the car is not even launched. I don't think Maruti will ever give away a car which is yet to be announced officially [with prices and all] and launched. Just checking, have they paid the same price or more than what was mentioned to them?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th July 2011 at 23:53.
Old 17th July 2011, 00:36   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Better give a booking and cancel if it doesnt suffice. If you are ok with the quality, you will save the waiting period.
Thanks for the advice.
On asking the same thing to the SE of Maruti Suzuki(with whom I'm in contact with) for the New Swift deal, he said I can cancel the booking only before the car comes into showroom & Rs.250 will be deducted from the Booking amount of Rs.10,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
I have however changed my mind to go for the Polo 1.6, so I will be cancelling this booking shortly. I will wait for the launch before doing so (just to be absolutely sure).
How much of the amount they're deducting out of the previously paid booking amount ?
As per my nearest dealer its Rs.250 only.
How much of this is true ? Please explain.
Old 17th July 2011, 00:47   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On asking the same thing to the SE of Maruti Suzuki(with whom I'm in contact with) for the New Swift deal, he said I can cancel the booking only before the car comes into showroom & Rs.250 will be deducted from the Booking amount of Rs.10,000.
Please make sure that the amount is clearly mentioned on the booking invoice or the dealership receipts. This will make things easier. Also please check with them how much time will they take to return the amount.

Frankly, 250/- is zilch, so please don't bother about that amount - Am sure you dont. I don't understand the funda of "canceling the car before it comes to showroom" ! First of all, people cancel their cars if they don't like it [change of color preference, variant etc] or if there are some problems with the car or if the finance side goes wrong. Which of these can be ensured before the car comes to the showroom?

Secondly, Swift is a QUICK moving car with hell lot of waiting period. It takes no time for the dealer to sell the car to another potential customer even if someone cancels their booking.

So where exactly is the bottle neck? Cancellations are difficult only if the registration is done ! Please check with the guy once more, and please get everything in a written / printed format to save future headaches.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th July 2011 at 00:50.
Old 17th July 2011, 09:11   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
‪swift 2011 First video india‬‏ - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone

Let me know if the link is accessible. Spy video of the Swift in India.
One of the worst alloy looking wheel design that I have seen I was planning on booking a Zdi but this design has prompted me to wait for the launch and then opt for the Vdi if the car comes with the same alloy wheel design.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 10:11   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
‪swift 2011 First video india‬‏ - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone

Let me know if the link is accessible. Spy video of the Swift in India.
The new Swift looks good in the flesh. However I kind of liked the top of the doors eating into the roof in the old swift. The current design would add better stiffness to the body shell though. The new Swift is said to have a 50% stiffer body shell compared to the old.

And the reduction in boot space in the new Swift compared to the old one is a definite disappointment. Even in the current Swift the boot space can be termed as adequate at the most.

Should be one of the most awaited cars this year

Drive on,
Shibu

Last edited by shibujp : 17th July 2011 at 10:13. Reason: dang spelling mistakes
Old 17th July 2011, 13:34   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the video moralfibre. I quite liked the alloys actually, the assymtrical pattern is pretty unique for an OEM. But not quite sure I like the roof sloping down like that. The rear looks much nicer than the current gen Swift IMHO.

Deliveries already started? Awesome! Waiting to see some good pics of the interiors and read an actual ownership review!
Old 17th July 2011, 14:33   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice.

How much of the amount they're deducting out of the previously paid booking amount ?
As per my nearest dealer its Rs.250 only.
How much of this is true ? Please explain.
This is true, out of a booking amount of Rs. 10,000, they deduct Rs. 250 as cancellation charges. Normally one is allowed to cancel a car booking at any point in time, regardless of whether the car has arrived at the showroom or not.
Old 17th July 2011, 19:49   #178
BHPian

Check maruti Swift website. They have updated there website for new swift.

www.marutiswift.com

You can play a bit in the website and rearrange the slides to get the pic of new swift if you are able to do within 20 secs.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 17th July 2011 at 19:57.
Old 17th July 2011, 19:55   #179
BHPian

Common Maruti what have you done..? Every thing in your new swift is excellent except the alloy wheels. If i buy one i will change the alloy wheels to some after market one.
Old 17th July 2011, 20:52   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Check maruti Swift website. They have updated there website for new swift.

www.marutiswift.com

You can play a bit in the website and rearrange the slides to get the pic of new swift if you are able to do within 20 secs.
from the website it looks like the new swifts alloys are the one shown in the video. Too bad, ugly alloys for a beauty of a new car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks