Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2011, 23:06   #526
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Why people are thinking that its will not be punchy as new swift is lighter in weight and has same 75 bhp and 195 nm of torque @2000 rpm . So noway it will be slower then before .

Just check the Gaadi.com review link below .

INDIA EXCLUSIVE: Details,specs,variant features of the new Maruti Swift! - Gaadi.com Blog

Mods delete if its not right to post here .

Last edited by Safari_Beast : 7th August 2011 at 23:07. Reason: correction
Old 7th August 2011, 23:15   #527
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Guys I saw a New Swift registered from Gurgaon in Delhi today. Is it possible?

P.S. I am not mistaken and have a couple of really bad quality pics also.
Old 7th August 2011, 23:17   #528
BHPian

I have aftermarket alloys and 195 patch broad tyres on swift diesel 2010 aug and it touched 160 . It had still had some juice to go past . My friend swift D can touch 180 with 165 patch tyres . . I have a snap also doing that speed , let me know i can email you guys .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
+1 to that! Had tried to touch 160 on the expressway long time ago but just cudn't manage it. If i remember correctly 155kmph was the max i could touch before i slowed down as i did not feel that confident.
Btw, according to initial reviews the new Swift in its diesel avatar is not as punchy as before. Eagerly awaiting for the Official Team-bhp review though!
Old 7th August 2011, 23:29   #529
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Dont think if this has been shared here. All the specifications, variant wise features, pictures, functions etc are out - INDIA EXCLUSIVE: Details,specs,variant features of the new Maruti Swift! - Gaadi.com Blog
Thanks!

Did you get to drive the car as well, during the media drives? If so, can you comment on the engines / ride and handling & build quality?

190 Nm @ 2000 rpm? Has it gone higher than before? What about the rumours about torque peaking at 1700rpm? Glad to see that the intercooler is still present.

ZDi get tweeters in the music system? I dont think current ZXi has this feature too. Parcel tray in all variants is a good move as well.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th August 2011 at 23:44.
Old 7th August 2011, 23:35   #530
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that! Had tried to touch 160 on the expressway long time ago but just cudn't manage it. If i remember correctly 155kmph was the max i could touch before i slowed down as i did not feel that confident.
Btw, according to initial reviews the new Swift in its diesel avatar is not as punchy as before. Eagerly awaiting for the Official Team-bhp review though!
We also tried to push Swift to the max limit but we were able to achieve max 157(Approx)

Here are some Speedo-meter snaps
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-p1080180.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-p1080174.jpg  

Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 23:57   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

The gaadi.com link looks authentic with respect to the features. And looks like the TD in Jaipur was under the condition that no one can post pics till Monday - So you should ideally start seeing the pics from tomorrow from those people who took official TDs last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Guys I saw a New Swift registered from Gurgaon in Delhi today. Is it possible?
Could be the TD vehicle or car for shooting or so. Saw a car with KA registration used for shooting the ads in a post.

Thought of bye-passing these posts, but for clarification purpose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Yes, the Old Swift did not do over 160 kmph on the speedo. Would love to see one doing anything over 170.

I cannot really comment on the new Petrol version. My guess is it would be about the same as the Diesel.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
We also tried to push Swift to the max limit but we were able to achieve max 157(Approx) Here are some Speedo-meter snaps
I have touched 160+ with 5 adults in the car in traffic-free straight stretch [L&T byepass, Coimbatore]. Could not test it further since no free roads and car didn't feel stable, the car was still in the power band and was eager to go further.

My friend clocked a 190 kmph in Bangalore - new Airport road on his swift petrol and have a photo of the speedo. So I guess we are clear about the abilities of the engines with respect to top speeds.

If we are talking about the max speed at which a Swift is stable, then I guess its 140 kmph with 185 profile tyres. Anything more gives a lot of vibration on the steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
I have aftermarket alloys and 195 patch broad tyres on swift diesel 2010 aug and it touched 160 . It had still had some juice to go past . My friend swift D can touch 180 with 165 patch tyres . . I have a snap also doing that speed , let me know i can email you guys .
The car is very well capable of the speeds you mentioned.

Disclaimer:: I mentioned the speeds attained just for clarification purpose about the ability of the engines. I strongly suggest against anyone reaching those speeds since the car doesn't feel planted. My advise will be to keep the car under 120 kmph even on the best stretch of roads. I attained this speed only 2-3 times in my whole ownership period of 3 years and was to test the ability of the engine on top speed / stability.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th August 2011 at 00:10.
Old 8th August 2011, 08:03   #532
Senior - BHPian

More pics (by Siddharth) :

And here we go. My pics of the #newSwift. SVP on Twitpic

Short hatch door looks smart w slight overhang on license pla... on Twitpic

Nice location and very good roads made it more fun. #newSwift... on Twitpic

And first pictures in Torque Blue:

http://twitpic.com/62qty4

http://twitpic.com/62qum6

Interior:

http://twitpic.com/62qzsp

Driving report from Overdrive:

http://www.overdrive.in/story-first_...n-43102-0.html

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 8th August 2011 at 08:19.
mukeshgoel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 08:16   #533
Team-BHP Support

Torque blue looks beautiful. Those alloys seem to match the car better too in case of torque blue, compared to red.

Waiting for one last question to be answered by teambhp review. That of build quality.
Old 8th August 2011, 08:31   #534
BHPian

According to Overdrive reports , both petrol and diesel are good performers as before :

Same old engines?
Yes and no. The 1.2-litre K-Series engine now gets variable valve timing on the intake side to boost power to 87PS (at 6000rpm) and torque to 114Nm (at 4000rpm). Claimed performance is 12.6seconds from 0 to 100kmph though in our testing we couldn't better 12.93seconds - which nevertheless makes it one of the quickest hatchbacks in the country. Of more importance is the fuel efficiency that has improved by 4 per cent to 18.6kmpl from 17.9kmpl (ARAI claimed figures). This engine was always the class of its field and now it is even more eager to rev while refinement too has gone up a notch (with in-cabin noise down by 3decibels).
The acclaimed 1.3-litre DDiS diesel gets tweaks to the mapping to bump up its fuel efficiency by 6 per cent to 22.9kmpl from 21.7kmpl. For highway cruising this engine is actually better than the petrol as the grunt allows you to pull overtaking moves without having to shift down the gears

Courtesy : New Swift driven - New Maruti Suzuki Swift - First Drive : Overdrive .
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 10:05   #535
BHPian

Nice pictures. The alloys don't look as bad as initially thought. Surely, they would look good with the car in motion. Seeing a ZDi Swift's picture is such a nice way to start the week .

We can hope for a NDTV Car & Bike Show review of the Swift soon. Lets hope T-BHP beats those guys with the review. Can hardly wait for the detailed review here on T-BHP.

Seeing the way diesel Swifts fly on the highways, it is hard to imagine that they top off at 160 kph. I have sometimes had to work hard to get past Swift Ds in my Altis at speeds around 160 kph. Wider tyres will certainly make the Swift far more stable at those speeds. I was hoping the Z variants would get atleast 195 patch rubber as standard. 185/R15 is not a very common tyre size.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 8th August 2011 at 10:09.
Old 8th August 2011, 10:12   #536
BHPian

Can someone post the pics here Twitpic is blocked in office.

Old 8th August 2011, 10:20   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Nice pictures. The alloys don't look as bad as initially thought. Surely, they would look good with the car in motion. Seeing a ZDi Swift's picture is such a nice way to start the week .

We can hope for a NDTV Car & Bike Show review of the Swift soon. Lets hope T-BHP beats those guys with the review. Can hardly wait for the detailed review here on T-BHP.

Seeing the way diesel Swifts fly on the highways, it is hard to imagine that they top off at 160 kph. I have sometimes had to work hard to get past Swift Ds in my Altis at speeds around 160 kph. Wider tyres will certainly make the Swift far more stable at those speeds. I was hoping the Z variants would get atleast 195 patch rubber as standard. 185/R15 is not a very common tyre size.
Me too feel the same. The alloys are not bad as i thought initially. Overdrive report says that..

"The Swift now runs on 15-inch wheels (so modders can slap on 16's or even 17's!) and the only sore point is the gap between the wheel arch and tyre, a consequence of the increased ride height for India."

I heard that the spare wheel of Z variant is also full sized alloy. Can some one confirm..? I can guess that with all these features the price of ZDI will touch 8Lacs.
Old 8th August 2011, 10:21   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote Can someone post the pics here Twitpic is blocked in office.[/quote]

Here you go. Uploading few of them!
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-3674081562.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-3674090221.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-3674157371.jpg  

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th August 2011 at 10:37.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 10:31   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post

"The Swift now runs on 15-inch wheels (so modders can slap on 16's or even 17's!) and the only sore point is the gap between the wheel arch and tyre, a consequence of the increased ride height for India."

I heard that the spare wheel of Z variant is also full sized alloy. Can some one confirm..? I can guess that with all these features the price of ZDI will touch 8Lacs.
The old ZXi always had the spare wheel as a 14" alloy. Going by the same logic, the new Swift Z variants should also come with full sized spare alloys. Lets hope they don't go the VW way and give a 14" steel rim on the spare.
Old 8th August 2011, 10:42   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Me too feel the same. The alloys are not bad as i thought initially. Overdrive report says that..

The initial batch of Zxis came with steel wheel spares and later were replaced free of cost. Siddharth Patankar has confirmed the spare Alloy wheel in his tweet. 8Lakhs would be a very steep price for Swift even in its fully loaded avatar. I see start stop button missing and some blue tooth controls and some air bags also missing as compared to its European version.

It is a bit disappointing that they havent provided Music system as part of Vdi and also optional ABS.

The alloy does look alright now unlike before

The transmission tunnel on the rear seats does it protrude as I could not find any picture or video.

60:40 split seats should be standard across all variants. Hope some one confirm that too.

Hope the dead pedal is there too.

I have a strong feeling that they may price the car a bit higher owing to its popularity and brand image.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks