Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 17:55   #661
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
My prediction is that this will blow away the underpowered i20
i20 has the most powerful diesel engine in its class. Even the petrol is competent enough. The steering rattles and poor AC however do not make it a good buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Rear Disk Brake in New Swift. I never heard that in any of the reviews or never seen there is a disc in rear on any of the pics. My be he may have got it wrong for the new Compact ABS system comes in the new Swift.
+1 No rear discs on the swift. CONFIRMED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Will double confirm on the rear Disk Brake Claim. Now even I am having my doubts. Will get back after confirming.
Refer to my above post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
If that is true, then its again apples vs oranges, and i don't think a seasoned reviewer would do that.
I know you may not have expected that, But reviewers are biased. Team-BHP review are called the best for a reason.
Old 12th August 2011, 18:00   #662
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Bunny Punia of gaadi.com posted on facebook that power of diesel and petrol swift sa the old one . The autocar india reviewer was saying mid punch is not there in both engines . I dont know how these people review actually .
Quote:
Quote:

I have always observed a clear bias towards the Polo and VW brand in general in all of SVPs reviews and comparisons, right from the episode covering the Polo's launch.

If that is true, then its again apples vs oranges, and i don't think a seasoned reviewer would do that.
Old 12th August 2011, 19:09   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I don't know about bias but I found his reviews to be totally amateurish. The only thing he talks about in detail is design element and how the tail lamps blend into the overall detailing and such nonsense.

I find the reviews by Overdrive to be much better and of course Team BHP reviews the best. Let's wait for that.
+1. This guy twitted top speed of Swift petrol is 140 kmph whereas he mentioned in the Polo 1.2 review that it hits 160 kmph with ease.

I don't consider his reviews at all.
Apart from TBHP,Autocar,BSM and Overdrive are decent.
Old 12th August 2011, 23:15   #664
BHPian

I am staying in Budapest since the last six months and here too one of the most common car to be seen on the roads is the swift, despite the competition from a whole load of hatchbacks from VW, toyota, citroen, peugeot, fiat, vauxhall, seat, ford and what not...

But the catch is that, even thought the new swift was launched here quite a while back, i have hardly seen 5 of them during my stay here. Where as the older swift seems to have sold like hot cakes.

I wonder what factor is in play here, more so, since now that the reviews in India are complaining about weaker mid range. This makes the teambhp review all the more awaited.
Old 13th August 2011, 00:01   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
No offence meant. Please recall that there was no ZXi/ZDi in the earlier Swift. Swift never came with the features mentioned by me (ABS was offered as optional in the VDi).
What Swift never had Zxi Variant. Now that is news to me and (I am sure) most in the forum.

No offense pal, but get your facts straight. FYI Swift Zxi had all the features you had mentioned atleast since 2008.
ABS/Airbag/Height adjustable Seat &ACC were OE in ZXi since 2005. Since 2008 Integrated Sterio with volume controls was also made OE in ZXi.
But yes ZDI variant is totally new/

Last edited by sureshkishore : 13th August 2011 at 00:05.
Old 13th August 2011, 01:17   #666
Senior - BHPian

This is what I could fathom after seeing different reviews, videos etc.

Most of us see the differences which are easily visible or documented like power, looks, features, FE etc. IMO, in terms of these, the new Swift is not a giant leap - ZDI variant though is a big leap forward but otherwise, it does not seem so.

But, what seems to be a big leap forward is the much improved mechanicals - the handling has got even better, the ride is much better and gives the planted feel on the road, the interiors particularly the dashboard seems vastly improved etc.

I am sure the new Swift will be priced higher by 30K or so which will put in the I20/Polo range.
Waiting impatiently for the TBHP review.
Old 13th August 2011, 01:58   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar video review of the new Swift.
Old 13th August 2011, 04:20   #668
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
What Swift never had Zxi Variant. Now that is news to me and (I am sure) most in the forum.

No offense pal, but get your facts straight. FYI Swift Zxi had all the features you had mentioned atleast since 2008.
ABS/Airbag/Height adjustable Seat &ACC were OE in ZXi since 2005. Since 2008 Integrated Sterio with volume controls was also made OE in ZXi.
But yes ZDI variant is totally new/
Oops. My bad. I'm sorry for this. Guess I had forgotten that the ZXi version was available in Petrol. Out of sight = Out of mind. Its been a long time since I saw any ZXi on the Swift.

Meanwhile, could you confirm if the ZXi/ZDi has rear disc brakes?
Old 13th August 2011, 09:12   #669
Senior - BHPian

2011 Swift - First Hand Experience

Hey guys,

Thank you all for your inputs. With regards to your suggestions -

Fiat Punto - Afraid of Fiat/Tata after sales
Honda Jazz - Probably too expensive for a hatch
Fiesta Classic - No sedan, remember? :-). I guess 7L +
i20 1.4 AT - Too expensive for a hatch. I guess it will be 7L + again.

Now coming to the fun part. I was fortunate enough to test drive the all new 2011 Swift Zxi. How is this possible? Well, Maruti happened to have their dealer's meet yesterday in the hotel I work at and they got the car here. It is a superb looking car and even though my drive was a short one, it definitely felt way better than my current Swift.

To put all assumptions aside, here are the facts:

1. The interiors are totally new. Better quality of plastics and better seats.
2. The dash has a Honda City/Jazz outlook and also has a MID like that in the Polo
3. Car is longer than the current Swift and highly noticable.
4. 185/65/R15 tires on the Zxi. Unfortunately the MRF!!
5. Indicatore on the OVRMs. OVRMs are electrically adjustable.
6. A nice high quality integrated music system with controls on the steering wheel.
7. NO Start/Stop button. No flip key. Remote in integrated in the key.

I have got pics but not sure if I should publish them.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 09:20   #670
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Swift - First Hand Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post

Please put the pictures, most sites have even started reviewing, did you drive the diesel?
Old 13th August 2011, 09:35   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pictures please. Also, howz the back seat space? better than the previous version? and how about the the boot space, any improvements here?
Old 13th August 2011, 09:44   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Please put the pictures, most sites have even started reviewing, did you drive the diesel?
He talks only about the ZXi and that too a short drive.

Quote:
Hey guys,

To put all assumptions aside, here are the facts:

1. The interiors are totally new. Better quality of plastics and better seats.
2. The dash has a Honda City/Jazz outlook and also has a MID like that in the Polo
3. Car is longer than the current Swift and highly noticable.
4. 185/65/R15 tires on the Zxi. Unfortunately the MRF!!
5. Indicatore on the OVRMs. OVRMs are electrically adjustable.
6. A nice high quality integrated music system with controls on the steering wheel.
7. NO Start/Stop button. No flip key. Remote in integrated in the key.

There are pictures all over the net on various sites. Why hesitate in posting the ones you clicked? None of us would complain .

Integrated remote in the key is a nice development. Something that no one has spoken about on any of the reviews. Might sound trivial to many.
Old 13th August 2011, 10:02   #673
BANNED

Quote:
I was fortunate enough to test drive the all new 2011 Swift Zxi.
How comfortable is the back seat? Is it good for the long drive? Waiting for your pictures.
Old 13th August 2011, 10:03   #674
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone get a chance to see the L and V variants? I'm seeing ZXi and ZDi in all reviews.

And in contrast to what Mr.SVP says, ACI review (the above video by Renuka) says that the ZXi pulls all the way to 138kmph in 3rd gear!

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 13th August 2011 at 10:18.
Old 13th August 2011, 11:03   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Did anyone get a chance to see the L and V variants? I'm seeing ZXi and ZDi in all reviews.

And in contrast to what Mr.SVP says, ACI review (the above video by Renuka) says that the ZXi pulls all the way to 138kmph in 3rd gear!
The ACI review also suggests that the diesel requires more gear shifts compared to the petrol. Cannot understand how! I got a feeling the review was a wee bit biased towards the VVT engine considering the fact that petrol car sales would be lesser.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks