Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:36   #1126
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
As expected - getting a discount from Maruti on the Swift is possibly the hardest thing ever! Hope I can push for some freebies!

Lucker, my quote came to 7.47 OTR! But they say it includes 'Basic Accessories', 3rd Year Warranty and comprehensive insurance! Did you get insurance on your own?

Also does the car come with floor mats?
The OTR covers the insurance and 3rd year warranty. The mats I am unsure of, but since we know the dealer well, it sould not be a problem.
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:52   #1127
BHPian

All the prespective customers,

While rushing to book the car, and when there are no freebies offered, dont forget to ask for corporate discount. Whether its a new launch or not, corporate discounts are always offered. So, dont miss on that.
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:52   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
I can confirm your worst fear if that is what it is, Yes!! Maruti made only one design of the alloy wheels and the spokes are pointing to the opposite direction as they have used the same design on the other side as well. I noticed it today as I had gone for a TD and I was like "boy did they never think of this", but then again, on the lighter side we now have 2 designs for the alloys on each side of the car, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...des-sl500.html

See this too, I guess its too much of a hassle to make separate rims for the left and right side.
Well loos like thats the norm across all the manufactureres. If SLK has it then we can forgive Swift . I personally prefer the ones angling backwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post

I did not know that.
Is it sheer penny pinching or some engineering logic behind it, balance of wheels and all that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
If we have two designs of alloy wheels then it is not possible to rotate tires. This is generally case with these kind of alloy designs. They look different on both sides.
Dont think there is any logic here. They just want to keep things simple. I guess thats the reason most of the manufacturers go for uniform design for their alloys.
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:58   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Just an F Y I for prospective Swift buyers from Pune. I got to know the first hand on-road prices of Swift in Pune from actual owners:

1) VDi: 6.3 lacs
2) ZDi: 7.18 lacs (around 7.2 to round it off)

Difference of around 80k seems too much on paper, but IMO it is worth every buck you spend on the ZDi.

Sorry, no idea of LDi, but looking at the above 2 prices, it should be around 5.75 lacs on-road in Pune.
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:19   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo

Hey buddy, Until I get a test drive or read the official review. I am dependent on your views. I know it must be difficult but can you explain in detail how responsive the engine was?

Was the surge after 2k rpm...push you in the seat kinds? I have driven the older swift and I quite liked the surge is it any different?

Lots of mixed reviews, Hope that you can help.
Well if u have driven the 165 tyre patch Swift D then the sudden burst of surge will be there . When i drove new swift D the sudden burst of surge is not there but you will feel some kick . It the same experience i get in my swift d 2010 BS 4 which has 195 patch tyre . You will never get the sudden burst in BS 4 swift D anymore braod tyres . Car can accelerate easily , its still a highway muncher . There is still some kick that one feel after turbo kicks in but not like the one BS 3 model . Test drive yourself to completely clear your doubts because i called for a test drive ao that mind gets clear that the new swift is all about . If teambhp review would have been there then i would have gone to see the car also and i would have bought it .

Bhpians i request you to get the TD of the new swift to know that what maruti has done wonders to new swift . There is no cheap plastic interiors . Now it gives a premium looks , the way the car drives its miles ahead of old gen swift .
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:27   #1131
Senior - BHPian

I had an opportunity to take delivery of VDI on Friday. But I want a ZDI. Spoke to him today also and he again said that if I want a VDI, he can send it to my place in 2 hours.

My dealer says that there is no ZDI coming to his particular showroom/branch from Maruti this month.

I might get it in first week of September.

Of course, the dealer (the person heading this particular branch) is a very close friend for last 20 years.

BTW, I have a booking of December, 2010, so he is not doing too much favor anyways. This is my right to get it on asap.
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:36   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I had an opportunity to take delivery of VDI on Friday. But I want a ZDI. Spoke to him today also and he again said that if I want a VDI, he can send it to my place in 2 hours.

My dealer says that there is no ZDI coming to his particular showroom/branch from Maruti this month.

I might get it in first week of September.

Of course, the dealer (the person heading this particular branch) is a very close friend for last 20 years.

BTW, I have a booking of December, 2010, so he is not doing too much favor anyways. This is my right to get it on asap.
Well if you have waited from December till date, another 15 days is no big deal mate. Buy the ZDI, you'll have peace of mind with all safety features in place.

I know its difficult to wait, but then in your case its worth it, your getting a fully loaded Swift diesel.

Cheers, and congrats for your new car which will reach you soon
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:51   #1133
BHPian

A big let down!

Today I test drove the Swift Zdi at Gurgaon. The on road price in Gurgaon is Rs 693,000 including insurance, registration and the Maruti Loyalty card. Fourth year extended warranty is Rs 2600 or so extra.

My test drive experience is ok except for a very big issue. As soon as I sat in the driver's seat, my left leg (tibia) hit the lower portion of the dashboard. It hit the dashboard every time I pressed the clutch. I tried adjusting the seat but the only time there was a sufficient gap between the two when the seat was extended so far back that no one could sit comfortably in the rear seat.

The sales guy suggested that it could be because of my driving style but I have never faced this issue while driving any other car!

The more worrisome part was that due to this small gap between the highly sensitive tibia bone and the dashboard, a sudden break or even a small accident is bound to cause massive pain to me. Not to talk of an extreme case of broken bone even in case of a minor accident

I am 6ft tall and it is surprising to me that no one else has mentioned this issue on T-BHP.

A big let down considering that I have been waiting for this car for the last one and a half years :(
jods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:04   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
A big let down!

Today I test drove the Swift Zdi at Gurgaon. The on road price in Gurgaon is Rs 693,000 including insurance, registration and the Maruti Loyalty card. Fourth year extended warranty is Rs 2600 or so extra.

My test drive experience is ok except for a very big issue. As soon as I sat in the driver's seat, my left leg (tibia) hit the lower portion of the dashboard. It hit the dashboard every time I pressed the clutch. I tried adjusting the seat but the only time there was a sufficient gap between the two when the seat was extended so far back that no one could sit comfortably in the rear seat.

The sales guy suggested that it could be because of my driving style but I have never faced this issue while driving any other car!

The more worrisome part was that due to this small gap between the highly sensitive tibia bone and the dashboard, a sudden break or even a small accident is bound to cause massive pain to me. Not to talk of an extreme case of broken bone even in case of a minor accident

I am 6ft tall and it is surprising to me that no one else has mentioned this issue on T-BHP.

A big let down considering that I have been waiting for this car for the last one and a half years :(

Everything was going fine for me until you came up with this issue. Well, it's an issue for me, because I am 6ft 3in.

I was expecting to go happily and have a very satisfying TD this Wednesday. But now I'll be concerned till the time I go and sit inside the car.

I was actually experiencing this issue while driving a friend's i20. But slight seat and steering adjustments did the trick that time. Hope it works for me in the New Swift too.
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:32   #1135
BHPian

@ jods, I am sorry to hear about this, probably the height matters here. I had a test drive yesterday and it was super comfortable for me, I am 5'8" tall and I adjusted my seat for my driving style and never hit the 'waterfall' console with my left knee, and I guess that is due to my shorter height.

The car is definitely awesome, I still can recall the thrill from my test drive yesterday. I did not feel any major lag in low RPM and when I pushed the RPM to 2000 in 2nd gear, it was such a thrill and the 'push in the back of the seat' made the hair on my head rise at least a feet. What a superb engine and it was diesel with barely any NVH and such smooth gear shifts, I was thrilled. Maybe I have never driven the previous shift and my every day vehicle is an Accent. However it was still awesome.

The interiors are superb if you seriously ask me. I was surprised to see what Maruti has given the new Swift on the inside. Plush and well laid out controls and panels. The music system rocks and this is coming from an audio enthusiast like me. The bass thump is there though not that pronounced but still better than most OEM set ups. The surround sound effect was nice. A/C sure is a chiller but makes a little noise at high speeds. And yes the power window switches and the ORVM electric control knob could cause some of you "digestive issues" and didn't go down too well with me either, considering the rest of the stuff felt premium.

The ORVMs are nice and big and give you a nice view of the traffic behind you. The internal rear view mirror though is too tiny, I really couldn't judge the traffic behind me so that sure will need an add on upgrade for a wider view. Rear space for the passengers has been improved and this I can say 'cause I have sat in my friends Swift and it felt cramped inside. The fabric on the seats felt nice. The ride quality was superior for sure, went over a few potholes and the car handled it really well, except for one mound which made the car go "thud" and that could be 'cause I was at around 40 Kmph when I bumped over it.

My dear wife did complain that the rear windows were small and didn't give her a good view outside, call that a little claustrophobic if you may. I did already mention about the alloys being the same design and hence the spokes point the other way round on the other side of the vehicle. The boot space is a concern but not a deal breaker, I am sure I can manage to put 2 travel bags and a couple of carry bags on top of them for the odd highway trip.

The Vdi variant looked too empty from inside after having TDed the Zdi variant, no music system, no ACC, no stereo mounted controls on the steering, etc. To me frankly Zdi is well priced considering the features it provides you over the Vdi variant. I mean there never was a Zdi variant earlier and this pricing was expected. I was told the on-road price for my car will be 714,647. The break up is as follows:-

Ex-Showroom: 637,905/-
Insurance Premium: 18,664/-
Handling Charges: 4500/-
Others: 1430/- + 330/- + 4000/-
Extended warranty: 2395/- (this is for the 4th year and is optional)
Waiting Period: 3-4 months, though I was told that Zdi should get delivered in about 2 - 2.5 months as most people are going for Vdi to save money, so I might just get lucky and get an early delivery.

Last edited by iFuel : 22nd August 2011 at 22:38.
iFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:52   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
Everything was going fine for me until you came up with this issue. Well, it's an issue for me, because I am 6ft 3in.

I was expecting to go happily and have a very satisfying TD this Wednesday. But now I'll be concerned till the time I go and sit inside the car.

I was actually experiencing this issue while driving a friend's i20. But slight seat and steering adjustments did the trick that time. Hope it works for me in the New Swift too.
i20 has sufficient rear seat legroom so seat adjustments are not an inconvenience to back seat passengers. Swift is already cramped at the back.

Do let me know the adjustments you make during your test drive in case you are able to resolve the issue. Good luck!
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:53   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
I was told the on-road price for my car will be 714,647. The break up is as follows:-

Ex-Showroom: 637,905/-
Insurance Premium: 18,664/-
Handling Charges: 4500/-
Others: 1430/- + 330/- + 4000/-
Extended warranty: 2395/- (this is for the 4th year and is optional)
Nice test drive report.

BTW, what is this 4000/- in others?

Also, 2395/- is for 3rd year warranty and 2600/- for 4th year warranty to the best of my knowledge. Can you please double check?
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:20   #1138
BHPian

@ Mukesh, thanks and yes you are right, 2600/- is for the 4th year warranty, my apologies I misquoted it, 2395/- is for 3rd year.
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:04   #1139
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

Need a bit of help from all of you. Don't know if I can post this query here in this thread, Mods please move this to another thread if you feel this is not the right place for the post.

I have an Indica DLS 2008 october model which is giving me around 15-16 KMPL and 18-20 on highway, always with A/C on. Yesterday went to a Maruthi dealer to checkout the new swift and exchange my indica. Price valuated was 2.3 L for my indica and waiting period given was 6 months for diesel and 2 months for petrol swift. For diesel we need to pay the full amount and they are not accepting deposit :(.

Also, I found a old model Swift ZXI in their stock yard with 120 KM on ODO. On enquiring further and discussions they were ready to give 30K discount on this model. OTR for this is 6.45 L and they are ready to give for 6.15 L. Also offered some minor value freebies ( 3K worth). Considering my indica for 2.3, overall price comes to 3.85 L.

Please let me know if this is a good buy, how much mileage we can get from 1st gen Swift ZXI. Difference between 1st and 2nd gen ZXI is around 18K.

Main reason for selling my indica is the not good driving comfort, getting severe leg pain with the harder clutch , otherwise the vehicle is in very good condition and can easily manage another 2 years. Manufactured month is June, 11 for the ZXI.

Sorry for the long post, please let me know your opinion ?
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:18   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Also, I found a old model Swift ZXI in their stock yard with 120 KM on ODO. ...

Please let me know if this is a good buy, how much mileage we can get from 1st gen Swift ZXI. Difference between 1st and 2nd gen ZXI is around 18K.
120kms? I think it can be avoided. Even though 48k difference sounds tempting (18k+30k).
Mileage to be expected is around 14 in the city and 18-20kmpl on the highway.
Even though the old model is a great car, now that the new one is out, I suggest you wait a bit, and get the new Swift.

When can we expect the TBhp review ? IMHO, Maruti missed the chance of getting a million+ views and direct potential customer feedback by sidelining Tbhp and giving preference to the more traditional print media first. Maybe due to heavy lobbying from their end. Fail, Maruti.

Last edited by sajo : 23rd August 2011 at 11:21.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed