Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2011, 14:05   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!

I Just drove the petrol swift, a ZXI varient and was floored with the NVH of the car. Utterly brilliant. Also the interiors etc were absolute fab. BUT BUT regarding the fun to drive factor with respect to the engine, I am not so sure. I drive a diesel swift since 2nd half years and nothing in this world could make me buy a petrol swift as the 'PUSH' is just not there. The fun to drive factor remains with a 'diesel swift'. The shove you get when the turbo bumps is unreal.

Also if you are confused between a petrol and diesel and worried about breakeven points look at it this way. You will never suffer at the gas station never ever, also out station trips will never have fuel calculations into the picture. Switching the AC on will never be a point to ponder. In gear acceleration on the highway will keep you smiling like a baby.

I reckon to just drive a Swift diesel back to back with a petrol to know that the little price difference is worth it to obtain the 'Push to Nirvana' !

Cheers
humyum is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 15:10   #1262
BHPian

Visited a Dealer yesterday to change my original booking from "VDI-ABS" to "ZDI". It was done with a simple request letter. But what really was unbelievable was the waiting period displayed on a board. For VDI: "40-46" weeks, that is about 10-11 months and for ZDI: "24-28" weeks.
Old 28th August 2011, 16:02   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
For VDI: "40-46" weeks, that is about 10-11 months and for ZDI: "24-28" weeks.
Congratulations on your booking. You are paying a premium for their top dog and thus ZDI will get preferential treatment. Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 16:34   #1264
BHPian

The premium quoted by some of the dealers to get an early delivery is anywhere between 35k-60k, and there are plenty who are ready to pay such price for an early possession.
Old 28th August 2011, 17:53   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Is the official review gonna come or not?

mods please dont make us wait...........
Old 28th August 2011, 20:08   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Now after moving to diesel, I have the freedom for long drives without feeling a big pinch in my pocket and the average usage has jumped to 2000+Kms/month. In the end, MY monthly fuel expense remains the same as the car usage has increased but I enjoy my long drives.
Very right! This is what I wrote sometime back out of my own experience. When I had only Lancer D, I was very careless with running. I would take the car out 4 times for 4 different chores. Now when I am using A-Star, I make sure I club all four tasks and finish 'em in one go. I do not wait in A-Star with aircon ( read engine ) running. So, as you said, monthly fuel bills generally remain same.
Old 28th August 2011, 20:24   #1267

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar

Very right! This is what I wrote sometime back out of my own experience. When I had only Lancer D, I was very careless with running. I would take the car out 4 times for 4 different chores. Now when I am using A-Star, I make sure I club all four tasks and finish 'em in one go. I do not wait in A-Star with aircon ( read engine ) running. So, as you said, monthly fuel bills generally remain same.
That's a very efficient way to use a car IMHO. This way you make world a better place to live ) burning less fuel and opting for a greener option ( petrol when compared to diesel) should never be a burden. Cheers !!!
Old 28th August 2011, 21:19   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Visited a Dealer yesterday to change my original booking from "VDI-ABS" to "ZDI". It was done with a simple request letter. But what really was unbelievable was the waiting period displayed on a board. For VDI: "40-46" weeks, that is about 10-11 months and for ZDI: "24-28" weeks.
Guess what the waiting periods may go up even further. There is a possibility of Manesar plant facing a lock out again due to workers stir. If that happens, many will have to wait even more to get hands on the new Swift.
Old 28th August 2011, 21:32   #1269
BHPian

What am i hearing???? Paying 35k to 60k as a bribe to get a new swift early??

The nation is fighting against corruption and still people do not understand? they are paying a bribe, corrupting the dealers and this is serious injustice for customers who are actually waiting in the Que from 4 months and above in real.

Intrested swift buyers must write an email to MSIL asking them to keep a strict watch on this issue !!! Tell MSIL your seeing people pay a bribe to jump the QUE.
ASK MSIL to publish the waiting list dealer wise!! make it transparent please !!
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 23:26   #1270
BHPian

Took a back to back test drive of ZDi and ZXi @Spectra motors on L.B.S road, Ghatkopar. (I currently on a 2008 Swift VXi). I am not going to talk about pricing here.I just test drove them for fun. Here are my findings..
In General :
1) Great plastics quality
2) Clutch is lighter
3) Gear shift improved
4) Steering feels lighter
5) Suspension is much better.The harshness of the earlier swift is reduced considerably. Its Softer without compromising handling
6) Rear space is much better. Even with the front seat pushed fully backward, there was 5-6 inches leg space.
7) The dials are fantastic
8) The music system is one of the best OEM units. Increase the Bass and a not-so-audiophile person may think that there's a woofer in the car.
9) Lastly, The much criticized boot.. The loading level is bit high. But frankly i felt the boot space is not that bad (atleast for my usage). I agree the Jazz to which most people will compare it is in a different league altogether, but for me it seems adequate. For example, a typical 4-5 people weekend getaway with friends, with 5-6 bag packs( the liviya kind of bags) would fit just fine n with some more room to spare to stuff in small items.

ZDi
Oh boy, the NVH levels are too good. Its difficult to believe there's a diesel inside. The diesel did feel bit lazy below 2K rpm. Its racing when the turbo kicks in. I found myself shifting down gears during slow downs.

ZXi
The petrol is refined and smooth. Acceleration was perfect. Never felt sluggish.

It was time well spent for me
Old 28th August 2011, 23:41   #1271
BHPian

To all those who were waiting, The first ownership of the Vdi is finally out!

Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-team-bhp.html
Old 28th August 2011, 23:42   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Question:
Is 205/60/16 the correct up size for the "new" swift ?
Old 29th August 2011, 10:19   #1273

Production at Maruti’s Manesar unit likely to be hit severely.

This news might be a shock for prospective swift owners.Just came across this info in Business Line.

Business Line : Companies News : Production at Maruti
Old 29th August 2011, 10:21   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Question:
Whats the stock size ?

Otherwise you can use this link for calculation
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

Last edited by ankit_chd : 29th August 2011 at 10:23. Reason: Added Link
Old 29th August 2011, 11:13   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Question:
205/50/R16 is the correct upsize for the new swift
humyum is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks