Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2011, 13:21   #1321
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!

Booked a "Pearl Actic White" VDi today! Delivery expected sometime towards the end of October.

OTR price - 6,38,638/-
Old 1st September 2011, 15:06   #1322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Maruti cars are build for long last as toyota builds it . Yes plastics are not better , but they have made a major changes in that dept . People blindly trust nissan , maruti , honda , toyota because they build cars to last and people have faith in it .
+1 to Maruti quality and reliability ; I would not say the same about their customer orientation - my experience of Maruti's customer orientation has been third class .
Old 1st September 2011, 20:02   #1323
Distinguished - BHPian

Good news for prospective Swift owners!

"The country’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) is in a lot of trouble with its manufacturing is concerned and the sales of the company have been reported negative for two months now. It was reported that despite the ongoing tussle with its workers at Manesar facility, MSI has stated that it may start operations of the second plant in the unit within next two days, thereby advancing it by almost a month."

Maruti Suzuki to start operations of second Manesar plant in the next couple of days | WheelsUnplugged
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 23:24   #1324
BHPian

^^ Good news indeed. But, it isn't mentioned anywhere that the Swift will be manufactured in the second Manesar plant.

Or will it be so?
Old 2nd September 2011, 01:58   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys,

The overdrive article has got me thinking. Do i need the ZDi version paying 80k+ more than the petrol version.

I calculated our car usage for the past 10 years and it averages to just around 630kms per month. However, this will go up significantly if a diesel comes into the picture. I suspect it will run around 1000 - 1200 kms per month. The swift diesel being a fun drive complicates things even more.

Just for the case of Swift ZXi and ZDi, what would be the average running required to justify the purchase of an ZDi over ZXi?

New Jazz prices would not have been announced at the time! Launch happened only on 18th, IFRC.

Although Swift was launched on 17th, car was made available to the media a week back.

Congrats on the new car mayank10!

If you drive lets say 900 ( 630 avg + now deisel ) km per month.

900/ 13 kmpl = 69.23 lt petrol x 67.5 Rs = 4673 x 12 months = 56076 x 3 years = 168228 rs spent on petrol.

900/ 17 kmpl = 52.94 lt diesel x 44 Rs = 2329.36 x 12 months = 27952 x 3 years = 83856 rs spent on diesel

so you save 84000 approx in 3 years. so the same amount that you spend. extra.

(* Interest paid on 80,000 over 3 years is more interest earned will saving will be covered after resale)

And you sell the car for 50,000 extra that would cover more little bit of interest not covered before*. and would cover extra maintenance cost incurred.

so does not matter what you take. But every km more driven diesel will save you more. if you drive 1200km anyday diesel would be better, as you may end up saving 50,000 rs.

and
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:19   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BheemBoy View Post
Hi Racer_X

Have you taken delivery of your car?

What are the initial impressions, colour etc.

Please start your ownership review with lots of pics.

Thanks
I have got the delivery . Have started working on the review and the thread is moved to assembly line by the mods. Will get it done tonite.

But would like to say one thing about the car its AWESOME!!
I have named my new swift "BUMBLEBEE" .

By the way its the first ZDI delivered in Pune and I guess first on Team BHP as well!!

Last edited by Racer_X : 2nd September 2011 at 11:23.
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:26   #1327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
By the way its the first ZDI delivered in Pune and I guess first on Team BHP as well!!

Congrats Racer, awaiting your review!

Cheers!
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:32   #1328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncar View Post
so does not matter what you take. But every km more driven diesel will save you more. if you drive 1200km anyday diesel would be better, as you may end up saving 50,000 rs.
Thanks a lot for the detailed calculations and reply easterncar!

However, my purchase has been postponed due to some personal problems. Wanted to buy the Swift when it was launched in 2005. But had to buy the WagonR instead as it was a family purchase. Now, the second generation purchase is also in a question mark.

Thanks to all those who have replied to my numerous queries, and sorry to have disturbed (may be even argued with) you all.
Quote:
I have got the delivery I have named my new swift "BUMBLEBEE" .
Congrats! Eagerly waiting for the ownership resport!

Bumblebee- Cool! Wish Maruti had launched the Swift in yellow. Swift deserves sporty colours compared to the limited choice Maruti offers.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd September 2011 at 11:35.
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:39   #1329
Team-BHP Support

crazy driver - Rest assured that you would take out the diesel much more than you would take out a petrol. I had no intention to drive more than 500kms/month but a diesel has made me average close to 1000kms/month.
So much so, that my R15 is taken out only if it is raining (yes folks, you read right) and the weather is saner.

FTD - The Swift P especially with the K series gets my vote
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:01   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncar View Post
If you drive lets say 900 ( 630 avg + now deisel ) km per month.

900/ 13 kmpl = 69.23 lt petrol x 67.5 Rs = 4673 x 12 months = 56076 x 3 years = 168228 rs spent on petrol.

900/ 17 kmpl = 52.94 lt diesel x 44 Rs = 2329.36 x 12 months = 27952 x 3 years = 83856 rs spent on diesel

so you save 84000 approx in 3 years. so the same amount that you spend. extra.

(* Interest paid on 80,000 over 3 years is more interest earned will saving will be covered after resale)

And you sell the car for 50,000 extra that would cover more little bit of interest not covered before*. and would cover extra maintenance cost incurred.

and
There is a thread in the forum where these calculations are discussed to the death my friend, one point that you have missed over here is that diesel's are fun to drive with the turbo boost, this is priceless !!!

So even though people will break even in 3 to 4 years time, the count of miles that are clocked in the mordern diesel car is just pure fun and a drive which a petrol car will not easily provide.

I have no doubt the 1.2 K series with VVT is a very good petrol engine, but end of the DDiS rocks.

Cheers
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:44   #1331
e46
BHPian

When is the review coming up? Rush, you there?

eagerly waiting for it, now since the car has been launched for quite some time. Thanks in advance.

Abhishek
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:51   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Racer_x saheb!
Meanwhile , can you share the final OTR price for the ZDi in Pune ? Did you get any sort of corporate discount ?

Mods : Can we collectively shoot of hate mails to Maruti for not providing TBHP with test cars yet ? Or is it already being assembled as we speak ?
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:53   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
I have got the delivery . Have started working on the review and the thread is moved to assembly line by the mods. Will get it done tonite.
. . . . . . .
. . . . .
Congratulations Racer_X! Waiting eagerly for your review.

BTW, what freebies did you get?
Old 2nd September 2011, 13:36   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Congrats Racer_x saheb!
Meanwhile , can you share the final OTR price for the ZDi in Pune ? Did you get any sort of corporate discount ?
The OTR price for ZDI in Pune is 7,17,000/-
No corporate discount whatsoever, besides I wanted the car immediately so did not haggle for discount. IMO there will be no discounts coming as there is heavy booking and looking at Swift's popularity I dont see any discounts coming in near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
Congratulations Racer_X! Waiting eagerly for your review.
BTW, what freebies did you get?
The Mahalaxmi guys told me that they dont even have basic accessories like mats and mud flaps and would get it by month end . Hopefully I can pursue them to give me basic mats and mud flaps.
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 14:13   #1335
BANNED

Quote:
It is now the most awaited Swift thread on BHP after its Launch and BHP Review. Eagerly waiting for it. And try to post as many pictures as you can. Agreed it is asking for too much.

Oops, I forgot. Congratulations.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks