Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 14:35   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Upgrade to new generation Maruti Swift

Quote:

"Unconfirmed reports suggest the new Swift may carry a slight premium compared to the existing model priced at Rs 3.9-5.5 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). "Dealers will contact the consumers who have booked the Swift and aprise them of the offer,” said an industry source."

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 14:37   #122
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
Will it come with a start stop button and will it have 15 inch alloys atleast
well i cant confirm any features as such but expect the car to be on par with international models in-terms of fit n finish but as far as feature list go A car like Micra got Stop/Start feature at 7 lakhs as well.. So my guess would be that there is a good chance that maruti may introduce that in the top model swift as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
As per information out in open the power plants will be the same as before
Petrol - K Series 1.2
Diesel - 1.3 DDiS

However both these will be retuned for slightly more power and for sure FE given the conditions prevailing of high fuel prices. Though I am not sure of the BHP increase in the diesel version as of now. Any comments??
muhahahahaha }=) .. you dont know what I know about the petrol engine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Upgrade to new generation Maruti Swift

Quote:

"Unconfirmed reports suggest the new Swift may carry a slight premium compared to the existing model priced at Rs 3.9-5.5 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). "Dealers will contact the consumers who have booked the Swift and aprise them of the offer,” said an industry source."

Cheers!
let me confirm this unconfirmed news

Last edited by psbali : 13th July 2011 at 14:50. Reason: devil laugh
Old 13th July 2011, 14:52   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Some indications on the swift Next Gen

Indian car launches in July and August 2011 include Ford Fiesta, Force One SUV, Beat diesel small car and more | DWS Auto India

Highlights:

Engine

Under the hood, the new Swift will have a re-engineered petrol motor that will produce around 90 bhp of maximum power, making it 5 bhp more powerful than the current model’s 1.2 litre K-series engine.
The diesel version is expected to come with the same 1.3 litre DDiS engine that powers the current Swift diesel. This engine makes 75 bhp of max power.
Price & Competition

The new Swift will be priced 5-7% (Rs. 26,000 approx) higher than the current models’ range that starts from Rs. 4.09 lakh and goes up to Rs. 5.56 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The new Swift will compete with cars like the Ford Figo, Hyundai i20, Hyundai i10, Toyota Etios Liva, upcoming Honda Brio, Nissan Micra, Volkswagen Polo, Skoda Fabia and Tata Indica Vista

Cheers!
It is currently 4,09,000 Ex-Showroom for base model. A 26k hike will make it 4.35 Ex-Showroom for base model. That IMHO is a decent hike. While the Swift is a very good car, the increase in price can be accepted only if there is a an increase in the feature set.

With Jazz costing less now, any clash by the ZXi with Jazz will not be good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Do we have a confirmed news on the engine options of the new Swift?
I read in Autocar, that both the petrol and diesel powerplants might be the same with minor tweaks.
1.2L petrol will get Variable Valve timing is what I too heard from ACI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
well i cant confirm any features as such but expect the car to be on par with international models in-terms of fit n finish but as far as feature list go A car like Micra got Stop/Start feature at 7 lakhs as well.. So my guess would be that there is a good chance that maruti may introduce that in the top model swift as well

Ha ha ha ha ha.. you dont know what I know about the petrol engine..
Dude, Micra Petrol top end costs 6.2 OTR and diesel top hits 7L OTR. IMHO, Swift should undercut the Micra by quite a bit.
Old 13th July 2011, 15:32   #124
BHPian

I have just received word that the launch of the 2nd Generation Maruti Suzuki Swift will take place on the 17th August. Source reliability - 90%.
Old 13th July 2011, 16:18   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
I have just received word that the launch of the 2nd Generation Maruti Suzuki Swift will take place on the 17th August. Source reliability - 90%.
I read in this thread that the production of the 'old' Swift is stopped. So do MSIL have so many old Swifts in inventory so that they can go a full one and a half months without retailing the new one?
Old 13th July 2011, 18:20   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I read in this thread that the production of the 'old' Swift is stopped. So do MSIL have so many old Swifts in inventory so that they can go a full one and a half months without retailing the new one?
Launch doesnt mean they will start producing new Swift only on that day.

Launch is when the new cars are shipped to the dealers, so from the time of stopping old Swift they would have started producing new Swift right away.
Old 13th July 2011, 18:44   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Launch doesnt mean they will start producing new Swift only on that day.

Launch is when the new cars are shipped to the dealers, so from the time of stopping old Swift they would have started producing new Swift right away.
xingamazon, you didn't understand my question.

Maruti can start retailing the new Swift only after the launch, and that means only after 17th of August as informed by rtm_8055, which is more than a month away. And I read in this thread that the production of the 'old' Swift has stopped and the new one has started.

The Swift easily does around 12K each month. So does MSIL carry such an inventory of old Swifts to cover this period? If not, I guess the launch is much nearer.
Old 13th July 2011, 19:27   #128
BHPian

Quote:

The Swift easily does around 12K each month. So does MSIL carry such an inventory of old Swifts to cover this period? If not, I guess the launch is much nearer.
+1 The Swift launch is most probably happening in the end of July. And all relevant facts are also suggesting the same.
Old 13th July 2011, 19:30   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
well i cant confirm any features as such but expect the car to be on par with international models in-terms of fit n finish
I would be delighted if Maruti has taken care of the interiors and give us a rattle free car at that price.

Quote:
you dont know what I know about the petrol engine..
Autobox??

Quote:
...A car like Micra got Stop/Start feature at 7 lakhs as well.. So my guess would be that there is a good chance that maruti may introduce that in the top model swift as well
Did we forget that Micra skimped on ABS & Airbags at those prices and instead gave a start / stop button?? I don't want Maruti to do such a mistake. Let alone Maruti, no other manufacturers.

Quote:
I dont think they have that kind of inventory especially after a complete production stop of Swift for around 10 days due to strike. Now I guess they will cite this as a reason for delay and will not ship any swifts till the launch. Also I expect they are building a HUGE inventory of new Swift and initially the deliveries could be quicker for the people in the queue, right after its launch. And add to it, they might make more profit on the newer model since a price hike also will be there as confirmed by psbali.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th July 2011 at 19:34.
Old 13th July 2011, 21:11   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
I would be delighted if Maruti has taken care of the interiors and give us a rattle free car at that price.

Did we forget that Micra skimped on ABS & Airbags at those prices and instead gave a start / stop button?? I don't want Maruti to do such a mistake. Let alone Maruti, no other manufacturers.
+1

Quote:
I dont think they have that kind of inventory especially after a complete production stop of Swift for around 10 days due to strike. Now I guess they will cite this as a reason for delay and will not ship any swifts till the launch. Also I expect they are building a HUGE inventory of new Swift and initially the deliveries could be quicker for the people in the queue, right after its launch.
MSIL already had a bad (read 'not so good') June with respect to total sales. Now, would they want to spoil the numbers for July as well by delaying the launch even further as Swift is one of the volume models. So, I would like to believe that the launch is imminent.

Quote:
And add to it, they might make more profit on the newer model since a price hike also will be there as confirmed by psbali
The new Swift will increase the top line for MSIL with more volume and increased price, but I doubt whether the profit per car will be as good as the old Swift in the near term. After all, they have been making the old Swift for the past 6 years.
Old 14th July 2011, 01:13   #131
BHPian

Yes the petrol engine is indeed a VVT. There is no mention of an automatic version as the exact feature list hasnt been released.. The launch is not in the last week of July but in August itself. Infact the showroom people are gonna contact the existing bookings to confirm the switch and the they have to give a definite reply by 1st august. Existing bookings will have the first preference over new bookings.

And kindly note a lot of emphasis has been given on improved quality both inside and outside. A statement reads "It is bigger, roomier, with re-designed high quality premium interiors and many new features" , "Premium Interiors with New dashboard design, best in class fit -finish and high-end integrated stereo. Reduced NVH for silent cabin ."

And that is it for now.. There is one more thing for now.. But not so important..

Last edited by psbali : 14th July 2011 at 01:15. Reason: general
Old 14th July 2011, 04:40   #132
BHPian

I had booked my Swift in Oct '10 but hadn't taken delivery in spite of my car having arrived twice in the last 10 months as I wanted to wait for the new one.
I received the call yesterday from Berkeley Automobiles, Panchkula informing me of the production stop of the current model and that I will be getting the new model and if I am okay with that.
Of course I am, I have waited this long. I want to wait for the colors / price to be revealed so that I can make a choice. I had booked VDi ABS earlier but if the price difference in VDi ABS and ZDi isn't much, I may go for ZDi - depends a lot on the feature list as well.
zzzehar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 08:51   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
august. Existing bookings will have the first preference over new bookings.
How is this possible, whenever a person resorts to clearance sale, it means that the current stock is more than the bookings thats why the clearance sale is announced.

That being the case, how can they have a bunch of bookings in thier hands
Old 14th July 2011, 12:22   #134
BHPian

Got a call from Popular Maruti, chennai. They are accepting bookings. They confirmed me that there is a ZDI variant and i can book if i want. There are a few new color options also.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:25   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Got a call from Popular Maruti, chennai. They are accepting bookings. They confirmed me that there is a ZDI variant and i can book if i want. There are a few new color options also.
Did they tell you the price? What are the new colors?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed