Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 10:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Interesting news. But can anyone here please tell me what could be so special with the Z variant?
Z has Airbags and ABS along with rear riper and defogger and steering mounted audio controls to make the most desisired ones.
Old 7th July 2011, 10:58   #17
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Sid at his best again

Impressive FE, seems an area where MUL can't go wrong.I wonder with the new Swift, what will be the fate of DeZire. Is it also going for new Swift platform or old swift will remain in DeZire guise?

MUL - Please please take your time, but do a thorough job for the 3 box (new) Swift plans. We don't need another eyesore flooding roads (besides rixas).

Now only if whishes were......
Old 7th July 2011, 11:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Interesting news. But can anyone here please tell me what could be so special with the Z variant?
The ZDI variant was what Swift needed for such a long time. The VDI only had ABS as optional. The ZDI will mostly have - dual airbags, ABS, ACC, Alloys and Music System as standard. I am attaching herewith the spy pics of The Next Gen Swift ( Mostly Top end variant ). But the alloys look boring

Note :-

This pic was taken from the New Swift thread ( which is closed).
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-newsuzukiswiftindia7.jpg  

Old 7th July 2011, 11:12   #19
BHPian

So maruti is assuming that all those who have booked the old swift will be migrated to the new swift.There will of course be a price increase (come on guys,even though we hope not ,there will be).Now here is my question,What if the customer isnt willing to pay extra and demands fos the model he booked,ie the old one?
Old 7th July 2011, 11:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Great news indeed. What's even better, is that existing bookings will be transferred to the new Swift. Does this indicate, that there would be no price hike for the new model?
ZDI variant is a great move too. Now, only if they offer an exchange for existing Swift users .
Old 7th July 2011, 11:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I wouldn't mind even if the all new Swift comes with 14" steel wheels. As long as Lenso Samurai is available. That said, the chances for 16" OEM alloys are very slim considering our roads and the stiff suspension setup of the car. 2 options are currently available in the UK for the all new Swift, 175/65R15 and as you said, the 185/55R16. So a 195/60R15 will fit nicely.

But all the others are very difficult or next to impossible to add outside the factory. So please Maruti, please!

A Z variant was not available with the DDiS, but only with the petrol till now. A ZDi will/ should add OEM alloys, Airbags, ABS, rear wipe/wash, music system etc for the Diesel as well. So much awaited.
195/60R15 might not make it in interest of fuel economy. Will be good if they offer it atleast in the ZXi/ZDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
Sid at his best again

Impressive FE, seems an area where MUL can't go wrong.I wonder with the new Swift, what will be the fate of DeZire. Is it also going for new Swift platform or old swift will remain in DeZire guise?

MUL - Please please take your time, but do a thorough job for the 3 box (new) Swift plans. We don't need another eyesore flooding roads (besides rixas).

Now only if whishes were......
I have got some information - Maruti will replace the current Swift with the new one. The new Swift based compact sedan will be positioned above that. The current Dzire will continue to be sold and will be positioned above the compact sedan. Eventually, an all new Dzire will replace the current Dzire. So, new Swift platform will spawn 3 variants - a hatchback, compact sedan and a normal sedan.

News is that Maruti are planning to launch the new Swift and Compact Dzire simultaneously. (That's what I heard atleast)
designersf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 11:18   #22
BHPian

Good news Sidindica. ZDI variant is certainly a good option but will be very limited numbers in sale i guess because of price might breach in next segment.
my wish for ZDI variant would be bluetooth / phone controls. is there any info about this?
Old 7th July 2011, 11:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Great news indeed. What's even better, is that existing bookings will be transferred to the new Swift. Does this indicate, that there would be no price hike for the new model?
No matter when you book, the final price is always the one at the time of delivery. So this does not indicate anything about price hike.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 11:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Good news Sidindica. ZDI variant is certainly a good option but will be very limited numbers in sale i guess because of price might breach in next segment.
my wish for ZDI variant would be bluetooth / phone controls. is there any info about this?
Top end version of Swift sold in Singapore/UK have bluetooth enabled music system. So lets hope it carries over to Indian version as well.
Old 7th July 2011, 11:27   #25
BHPian

ZDi is a very much welcoming move. Being said that, I am not so happy with the rear design of the new Swift. Feels like the old one was better. Increase in FE will be appealing to lot of Indian customers. Regarding plastic being used for fuel tank, which all other cars in our market have this? Can someone throw some light on this?
Old 7th July 2011, 11:36   #26
BHPian

According to BusinessStandard: Maruti may also offer a four-speed automatic transmission option in the petrol version, besides the regular five-speed manual.

I hope this comes true. I have been writing umpteen mails to Maruti to introduce the new swift with an automatic option. I've been telling them in all my emails that that the A Star automatic is absolutely NO competition for I10 auto.

Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 7th July 2011 at 11:40.
Old 7th July 2011, 11:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sid, on this new revelation , interesting to see plastic fuel tanks being introduced in cars. I hope the plastic ones are as durable and lasting as the metal ones.

The new swift will come and reestablish its credentials once it is out, no doubts on that. Overall all a nice all-rounder , only major let down is the boot space, I read it somewhere that the boot space has been reduced to liberate more space in the passenger cabin.
Old 7th July 2011, 12:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Will the engine be the same in this one, or will it get the 90BHP vgt version?
Old 7th July 2011, 12:14   #29
MCR
BHPian

Finally some good news from Suzuki's side. However the waiting period will still remain a concern. The international version has start stop button. I doubt whether the same will make it to India. The price of the international version is around 9 lakhs. So I am sure most of the features found on the international version will be dropped for India version.

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift-collage.jpg

Picture Courtesy : Suzuki - Der neue Swift

Last edited by MCR : 7th July 2011 at 12:17.
Old 7th July 2011, 12:22   #30
BHPian

Well I called up a local dealer to ask about the New Swift, and he says production of old swift is on hold because Maruti is shifting Swift production from Manesar to Gurgaon, and its not because the new swift is coming!

He says they are not taking any bookings for now for this reason, and it would start again once they hear something from Maruti.

I guess its clear indication that the new one is arriving, and it will arrive with really crazy waiting times!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed