Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 12:28   #31
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Finally some good news from Suzuki's side. However the waiting period will still remain a concern. The international version has start stop button. I doubt whether the same will make it to India. The price of the international version is around 9 lakhs. So I am sure most of the features found on the international version will be dropped for India version.

Attachment 573528

Picture Courtesy : Suzuki - Der neue Swift
Very unlikely for the price sensitive Indian market.

But then again for the our stop-go traffic condition and sultry weather I doubt if this system works as the air conditioner will cut-off intermittently.
Old 7th July 2011, 12:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
So maruti is assuming that all those who have booked the old swift will be migrated to the new swift.There will of course be a price increase (come on guys,even though we hope not ,there will be).Now here is my question,What if the customer isnt willing to pay extra and demands fos the model he booked,ie the old one?
I had booked the old swift in april 2011, now I automatically get migrated to the new shape. I had booked with this intent only.

Now, I am sure MSIL would be able to offer the old shape to people who need it, however Im not sure how many would want the old one.

Price increase is sure, guys any news if the ZDi comes with the start stop feature.

Now fingers crossed and waiting delivery,
Old 7th July 2011, 12:50   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintomin View Post
Very unlikely for the price sensitive Indian market.

But then again for the our stop-go traffic condition and sultry weather I doubt if this system works as the air conditioner will cut-off intermittently.
He mentioned start-stop 'button', and not start-stop system (as in Scorpio, i believe). Hence there is no concern of ac cut-off.

ZDi launch is a very welcome addition, and should have actually been there when diesel was launched. If the build quality is improved as well, Swift makes a very strong case for itself, once again!
Old 7th July 2011, 12:56   #34
Team-BHP Support

I was told they'll have an independence day launch. Hope they launch it as speculated and deliver as well. I am first in the waiting list for the new Swift at Sai Service Pune. Can't wait to get back on four wheels.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 13:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
195/60R15 might not make it in interest of fuel economy. Will be good if they offer it atleast in the ZXi/ZDi

I have got some information - Maruti will replace the current Swift with the new one. The new Swift based compact sedan will be positioned above that. The current Dzire will continue to be sold and will be positioned above the compact sedan. Eventually, an all new Dzire will replace the current Dzire. So, new Swift platform will spawn 3 variants - a hatchback, compact sedan and a normal sedan.

News is that Maruti are planning to launch the new Swift and Compact Dzire simultaneously. (That's what I heard atleast)

Even though many of you might detest 2 sedan versions of the swift, I think its a great move by Maruti. Sx4 is not selling very well and the best way is to capitalize on what is selling well. If tata can do a hatch, a cs, A LWB, a normal sedan and a station wagon{marina} with the indica, then Im sure maruti can easily just do a hatch, a cs and a better sedan with the new swift platform. But my concern would be on the pricing. With the new swift expected to be more expensive than the current one, the CS could then be priced at the current dzire's pricing and the regular sedan will then become too close to the sx4 and vento etc, which is not good news. Anything above 8.5 OTR for a ZDI version of the sedan will not be VFM.
Old 7th July 2011, 13:37   #36
Team-BHP Support

This is an interesting new twist. I think I will put on my new ritz plans of hold. I was of the opinion that new launch will be around diwali, which is too late for us. This August launch changes things!
Old 7th July 2011, 13:41   #37
Team-BHP Support

If you want it early, better book now
Old 7th July 2011, 13:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
This is an interesting new twist. I think I will put on my new ritz plans of hold. I was of the opinion that new launch will be around diwali, which is too late for us. This August launch changes things!
Even if it launches by August you still will have to wait in queue since there is a chance of huge waiting list. Also keep in mind there were production issues last month.
Old 7th July 2011, 13:57   #39
BHPian

I wonder what the sales of the swift would be if it was available off the shelf? Its a hugely aspirational car and many more would have gone for it if there wasnt this huge waiting list.I got mine after a waiting period of 6months.But then the end result is so sweet
Old 7th July 2011, 14:13   #40
BHPian

Awesome news!! I am the first person on the booking list for the new swift at Mahalaxmi Auto in Pune...

Hopefully I can get the car towards the end of August!!
Old 7th July 2011, 14:46   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am on the exactly same boat. Visited DD Motors today morning for a final quotation of the Ritz Vdi(ABS). When asked the SE about the bookings of new swift, he had no info, so I continued with the Ritz.

But, after reading this "Sid Scoop", I will surely have to wait for the new swift.
The waiting period for the current swift as mentioned by them on a display board was 14-18 weeks, so we can well imagine what havoc the new swift is going to create. SO, I guess I better book a swift right away.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:02   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
I have got some information - Maruti will replace the current Swift with the new one. The new Swift based compact sedan will be positioned above that. The current Dzire will continue to be sold and will be positioned above the compact sedan. Eventually, an all new Dzire will replace the current Dzire. So, new Swift platform will spawn 3 variants - a hatchback, compact sedan and a normal sedan.

News is that Maruti are planning to launch the new Swift and Compact Dzire simultaneously. (That's what I heard atleast)

This info may be true.

Heard earlier that international Suzuki is developing a sedan based on Swift (of length > 4m, and so, it is not our new CS version).

Also, heard a news last week that Maruti has shifted the production of DZire from the Manesar plant to the Gurgaon plant.

Combining all these news, we can predict that new Swift and Swift CS will be produced from Manesar, and current DZire will continue in production from Gurgaon. Once the full-fledged DZire comes to production in 2012 / 13, (may be with the 1.4L K-series engine), the current gen DZire may get replaced with it, and Maruti will reposition it in the upper C-segment where SX4 resides.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th July 2011 at 15:04.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:42   #43
BHPian

Yesterday the SE of Maruti Suzuki told me the same thing but he stopped me for discussing this thing with others, as it was a part of Confidential talks yesterday.
& Surprisingly, I didn't believed that guy but today after reading this Thread title, I thanked him for giving me this news in One day advance.
Probably, I'll also book a New one in a day or two.
The new features which I wish to see in ZDi variant in addition to ZDi-specced one are;
-Bluetooth enabled ICE with USB/i-Pod/Aux-In ports.
-Electrically operated ORVMs.
-Better looking Alloys(already seen in Spy pics now).
-Better build across all variants.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
A couple of sites (motorbeam and a FB group) have reported that the production of old swift has been stopped.

Now luckily somehow I managed to have a word with a close associate of mine in MSIL just a few mins back and he admitted that the news is true.
EDIT: Another good news: The production of the all new Gen 2 swift HAS STARTED from July 5th.
Launch will be around August 10 and finally, there will be a ZDI variant.
All the current bookings will be transferred to the new model and bookings for the old model have been stopped.

No other information is available except for the one mentioned above.
Excellent news. One of the most keenly awaited car launches. The most exciting part is the ZDi variant. How we have all been waiting for that. I just hope the interiors and build quality of the car will be several notches better than the current Swift.

Expecting a start/stop button and few other features (ESP) found in the UK Swift would be too optimistic. The car would easily cross the 7L price then.

Can expect a long waiting period for the diesel variants - especially LDi and VDi. Hopefully, the ZDi will have fewer buyers and hence faster availability

Last edited by fuel_addict : 7th July 2011 at 16:22.
Old 7th July 2011, 16:46   #45
BHPian

Just called another Maruti dealer to book the New Swift and confirm its launch date. The SE said its surely being launched within 10-15 days.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks