Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 17:16   #46
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Dzire production has moved to Gurgaon to debottleneck Manesar for the new swift. The second plant at Manesar will be ready by the end of the year when the new Dzire comes in. Till then, Gurgaon will produce the existing Dzire.
Old 7th July 2011, 17:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

That's good news, the long wait is over now. Just confirmed this from DD motors and they too told me that launch will be around 10-15 august, may be on Rakshabandhan day i.e. 13 august. Bookings are also open and dealer told me to rush as waiting period will be longer than the current swift (especially for diesel). This next gen swift diesel will be the replacement for my Wagon R in couple of years down the line.
Old 7th July 2011, 17:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Any news/ update on the pricing front?
At least if it is the same or expected to be more than current prices?
Old 7th July 2011, 17:33   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Speculation on the next Gen Swift:

2011 Maruti Suzuki Swift coming next month to India | Rush Lane

Highlights:

It is predicted that the new Swift will be more rounded in design and will have ample passenger space. 2011 Swift will have a petrol K Series engine of 90 Bhp with variable valves resulting in lower emissions and increased mileage which is definitely the need of the hour.
Its diesel counterpart will still be at 75 Bhp, 1.3 Multijet as it is already high in performance and mileage. Pricing will be higher than the old Swift by about Rs.30,000 which is quite reasonable considering the host of improvements.

Cheers!
Old 7th July 2011, 17:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
).
-Better build across all variants.
How would the Zdi better built than other variants. Just curious.
Old 7th July 2011, 17:44   #51
BHPian

Wow , i was waiting for months for its launch . Thanks Sid for the scoop . This car will break all records in numbers , that is for sure . And i am waiting for GTO test drive review . I am just loving it
Old 7th July 2011, 17:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
ZDi variant will be equipped with additional features like OEM Alloys, Airbags & ABS, OEM music system, ACC and other goodies like electrically operated ORVM etc. Build quality, off course will be same across all variants.
Old 7th July 2011, 17:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
ZDi variant will be equipped with additional features like OEM Alloys, Airbags & ABS, OEM music system, ACC and other goodies like electrically operated ORVM etc. Build quality, off course will be same across all variants.
i know that the equipment list will be better, was just curious when the member mentioned better build quality,.
Old 7th July 2011, 18:28   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Even though many of you might detest 2 sedan versions of the swift, I think its a great move by Maruti. Sx4 is not selling very well and the best way is to capitalize on what is selling well. If tata can do a hatch, a cs, A LWB, a normal sedan and a station wagon{marina} with the indica, then Im sure maruti can easily just do a hatch, a cs and a better sedan with the new swift platform. But my concern would be on the pricing. With the new swift expected to be more expensive than the current one, the CS could then be priced at the current dzire's pricing and the regular sedan will then become too close to the sx4 and vento etc, which is not good news. Anything above 8.5 OTR for a ZDI version of the sedan will not be VFM.
There is enough space to have three vehicles below the SX4. So a hatch, compact sedan and a normal sedan are possible if Maruti is aiming for complete domination, which I guess they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Awesome news. I can now finally sell my 2004 Zxi and buy the new ZDi.
Dude, Swift was launched in India on 23rd May 2005. (This is the date of launch in Chennai as I TD it on the very first day of launch!). So how come you got it in 2004?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
This info may be true.

Heard earlier that international Suzuki is developing a sedan based on Swift (of length > 4m, and so, it is not our new CS version).

Also, heard a news last week that Maruti has shifted the production of DZire from the Manesar plant to the Gurgaon plant.

Combining all these news, we can predict that new Swift and Swift CS will be produced from Manesar, and current DZire will continue in production from Gurgaon. Once the full-fledged DZire comes to production in 2012 / 13, (may be with the 1.4L K-series engine), the current gen DZire may get replaced with it, and Maruti will reposition it in the upper C-segment where SX4 resides.
+1. You got it right . New SX4 will move to ANHC territory that time.
Old 7th July 2011, 18:46   #55
BHPian

I booked my all new swift VDI (abs) on 25 April, 2011. The dealer which happens to be close to my friend had said at that time of booking also that the new swift will be launched in the end of July and assured me that I will get my All new Swift in the month of August. But I hope there has been a few days delay in launch due to the strike at MSIL . I booked the car by keeping in mind that the waiting period will act as a cushion and I will be able to grab the one of the very first few Swift 2011 model. And regarding the model I hope that I will be given an opportunity of upgrading to the ZDI from VDI(abs). And now after going through this thread It seems all the blocks of the puzzle have fallen in right place and the launch is actually happening at the right time and hope to lay my hands on the new Swift very soon. Now the million dollar question which will come to the minds of all the people who have already booked the Swift VDI is that should we upgrade to ZDI or should stick to VDI itself , as except from Airbags all the other goodies can be had from the open market . Suggestions regarding Model selection are solicited.

Regards
Old 7th July 2011, 19:33   #56
BHPian

Is there a seperate booking form for the New Swift?
Old 7th July 2011, 19:37   #57
BHPian

An article in Economic Times claims the new version is to be launched by September 2011 and booking has already started.

Maruti stops production of Swift hatchback, to relaunch new version by September - The Economic Times
Old 7th July 2011, 20:06   #58
BHPian

Followed the above link, and I am really surprised to see a glaring mistake by a such a highly reputed paper. It says: "Maruti currently sells close to 5000 Swifts every month". Don't know where they get these figures from.
Old 7th July 2011, 21:51   #59
BHPian

The King is dead! Long live the King. The planned july launch has been delayed by a couple of weeks. Just hope the petrol is with VVT and has 90BHP power. The diesel in ZDi should be a super hit. Liva will face pressure very soon. Interesting times for Indian hatch consumers.
Old 8th July 2011, 00:48   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
i know that the equipment list will be better, was just curious when the member mentioned better build quality,.
The member mentioned that he expects better build quality "across variants" and not only for ZDi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
An article in Economic Times claims the new version is to be launched by September 2011 and booking has already started.
Even autocar india speculates Aug end / early Sept launch. I guess t-bhp is the only forum which reported an Aug 10 launch & I hope we got it right the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Dzire production has moved to Gurgaon to debottleneck Manesar for the new swift. The second plant at Manesar will be ready by the end of the year when the new Dzire comes in. Till then, Gurgaon will produce the existing Dzire.
Does this mean a longer delivery time for Dzire in the coming days? As far as I know Manesar plant is supposed to manufacture Swift, Dzire & SX4 only. Now since Dzire is moved out of here to a factory where rest of the cars are also manufactured(?), naturally the production might get hit. Not to think of the lesser efficiency of sharing platform / part bins etc in the other plant.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed