Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 11:52   #76
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Does anyone know what kind of premium the ZDi will attract wrt ZXi? Would it be a Lakh rupees or more?

What is the ex-showroom difference between current VXi and VDi?
The difference is around 80K. At this rate, the ZDi would be around 6.4L ex-showroom in Mumbai. If you factor in the 30K price increase, then 6.7L. Which means OTR price will exceed 7L
Old 8th July 2011, 12:18   #77
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
The difference is around 80K. At this rate, the ZDi would be around 6.4L ex-showroom in Mumbai. If you factor in the 30K price increase, then 6.7L. Which means OTR price will exceed 7L
Which is actually not too bad considering Top end i20 diesel costs considerably more! And I guess top end diesels of Punto, Polo and Figo cost around the same (though not sure of the figo).
Old 8th July 2011, 12:43   #78
BHPian

I heard the same news on NDTV News Channel today and also car trade india website also confirmed the same.

Maruti Suzuki India Ltd has stopped the production of its highest selling premium hatchback Swift as it is gearing-up to launch a new version of the car in August 2011. Indeed, company dealers have already started accepting bookings for this new model. The car has been codenamed as YP8 and is currently on its trial run in the Manesar plant of the company.

With the launch of a series of new age cars in the compact hatchback segment, the sales of Swift have been affected sharply. With the launch of new generation Swift, the company hopes to compete more promptly with the rivals like Ford Figo, Volkswagen Polo, Toyota Etios Liva and Chevrolet Beat.

The new third generation Swift will be carrying a higher fuel economy, lower emission and improved designing and safety characteristics. The car will be a bit lighter as compared to current model of Swift in the country.

Source - New generation Maruti Swift coming this August | CarTradeIndia.com
Old 8th July 2011, 12:55   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
The King is dead! Long live the King. The planned july launch has been delayed by a couple of weeks. Just hope the petrol is with VVT and has 90BHP power. The diesel in ZDi should be a super hit. Liva will face pressure very soon. Interesting times for Indian hatch consumers.
Just read here (http://motoroids.com/news/new-swift-...fficiency.html )that it will be the 90bhp petrol. I hope they also bring out a vgt DDIS like what Punto did.

The link also has a good image of what we gonna get
Old 8th July 2011, 13:01   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It's obvious from some of the responses here that the refreshed Swift will eat into Ritz's volumes.
I think the other way: New Swift will come with a price rise for sure (with a 10 - 20K increase). That will make Ritz cheaper than Swift by a good 30 - 40K. And that will be deal breaker for many, and may choose Ritz over Swift. But Swift sales will also go up, and the additional volume will come from other high-end hatches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
With the launch of a series of new age cars in the compact hatchback segment, the sales of Swift have been affected sharply.
Swift have been affected sharply? The thing is, even after the launch of so many cars, Swift was maintaining its position. Only the last month it suffered a bit due to the strike at Manesar plant and maintenance shutdown.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 8th July 2011 at 13:10.
Old 8th July 2011, 13:27   #81
BHPian

Just spoke to the sales person , who did my deal for the SX4 D. He told me that MSIL are presently taking booking for new swift, but also added that their training for new swift has not been started. When the SX4 D was being launched , he said, the Training stared 2 months ago. Going by that yardstick, i guess, the launch would be somewhere in Sept-2011.
Old 8th July 2011, 14:25   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
So does this mean he'll be auto upgraded to the newer version?
Yes, in all probability. If your friend is OK to go for the ZDi, please ask him to do it. Also make sure you tell him about the possible price hike for the new model[20-30K expected].

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
When the SX4 D was being launched , he said, the Training stared 2 months ago.
Are you sure of the "2 months" factor? As far as I know the training starts only 2 weeks in advance and not 2 months. That's one of the reasons the SAs don't even know about the launch dates unless its almost confirmed by the company / different mags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S.Grewal View Post
Now the million dollar question which will come to the minds of all the people who have already booked the Swift VDI is that should we upgrade to ZDI or should stick to VDI itselfSuggestions regarding Model selection are solicited.
If I have the dough, I will anyday prefer the ZDi over VDi / VDi ABS. If you actually calculate the price difference on features offered in a VDi & ZDi and the cost involved in getting all those outside, the price is very much justified. You get more goodies for that extra cash and most importantly, most of the features CANNOT even be done aftermarket.

E.G:
Airbags
ABS
ACC
Defogger on the rear windscreen
Rear wash & wipe

Keyless entry integrated into the key - can be done partially aftermarket
Integrated stereo - can be done aftermarket
Speakers - can be done aftermarket
Alloy wheels - can be done aftermarket
Higher profile tyres - can be done aftermarket

If you see the individual prices of these equipments and premium over VDi, you will be instantaneously convinced. And If I bought the ZDi, the only things I will change are the OEM HU & speakers

Edit:: How I wish they offered a 90 PS Diesel sport version or even a limited edition 90 PS version for Diesel. Maruti pleaseeeee !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th July 2011 at 14:35.
Old 8th July 2011, 14:39   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Swift August launch confirmed, 2011 Swift Launch in August | DWS Auto India

Highlights:
Under the hood, the new Swift will retain the same engines, the 1.2 litre K-series petrol engine that makes 84 bhp of peak power and the 1.3 litre DDiS diesel engine that makes 75 bhp of peak power. The engines will be mated to 5-speed manual transmission. There is speculation that Maruti Suzuki may launch an automatic transmission for the petrol variant
On the inside, the new Swift will get design elements from the Maruti Suzuki Kizashi such as the V-shaped instrument console. The instrument dials will also be refreshed. The rear leg room will be slightly more in the new model due to the slight increase in wheelbase.

Cheers!
Old 8th July 2011, 15:39   #84
Senior - BHPian

The all important new feature of the new Swift would be the Plastic fuel tank which increases fuel efficiency by virtue of its comparatively 25% lesser weight. This would be probably the first of its kind in Indian cars.

Maruti Suzuki India has tied up with France's Plastic Omnium, the world's largest manufacturer of plastic fuel tanks and would be manufactured in Manesar. The new plastic tank manufacturing facility, Inergy Automotive Systems Manufacturing India Private Ltd, was inaugurated in Manesar on Monday.

These tanks are corrosion-free, durable, non-explosive and recyclable.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 16:19   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

If I have the dough, I will anyday prefer the ZDi over VDi / VDi ABS. If you actually calculate the price difference on features offered in a VDi & ZDi and the cost involved in getting all those outside, the price is very much justified. You get more goodies for that extra cash and most importantly, most of the features CANNOT even be done aftermarket.

E.G:
Airbags
ABS
ACC
Defogger on the rear windscreen
Rear wash & wipe

Edit:: How I wish they offered a 90 PS Diesel sport version or even a limited edition 90 PS version for Diesel. Maruti pleaseeeee !
Right. For the added price, the ZDi would offer a lot more over the VDi using the ZXi-VXi analogy. I know several VDi owners who have actually got the Rear wiper installed through MUL. Even the defogger should be possible.

90PS version. Sounds nice. But then, where would that leave the S4X-D which uses the same engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
The all important new feature of the new Swift would be the Plastic fuel tank which increases fuel efficiency by virtue of its comparatively 25% lesser weight. This would be probably the first of its kind in Indian cars.
Good move to have plastic fuel tanks but how much weight saving would be there? 25% sounds a lot but if the metal tank itself weighs only 20 kg (wild assumption), we are talking about only 5 kg weight saving.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 17:32   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintomin View Post
ABS is a key safety feature which i don't think can be done outside.
My dear friend my comparision was between Zdi and Vdi(abs) , you may read my post again. Well no hard feelings .

Quote:

Well I am also considering to upgrade to Zdi , but only after the actual launch.
Old 8th July 2011, 17:48   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Edit:: Was thinking over this point from the time I heard that there is a ZDi version !! Would not it be possible for people to get ZDi versions quicker? I am sure no one till now [except last 2 days] would have booked a ZDi since it was not available. Now anyone who books a ZDi specifically will be first in the queue though there are bookings for other versions which runs for months and are entitled to get the car faster than if they choose an LDi, VDi or VDi ABS right? Or are the existing guys going to be provided an option to upgrade and be given a priority or a new booking for ZDi will straight away get into the first slot for ZDi delivery ?
That's why I haven't booked a New Swift for me yet.
Still i'm searching for another loophole to get my New Swift ZDi ASAP(1-1.5months) after its launch without paying a penny extra to the Dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I thought of the same loophole as well. But maruti being maruti, zdi versions will be produced in less numbers and hence waiting period will be high.
Yes earlier MSIL produces VXi:ZXi in the ratio of 8:1 & VDi:ZDi is 10:1 for Dzire due to its market demands proportion but this capacity can be easily altered as per latter.
For ZDi expect 70-80k premium over VDi's pricing.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 8th July 2011 at 17:55. Reason: Text editing.
Old 8th July 2011, 17:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, Innova diesel is 60K more than the petrol counterpart. For a percentage perspective, its only an astonishngly 5% more.
Wonder why other manufacturers change a higher premium?! Especially the hatches.
Old 8th July 2011, 19:17   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I know several VDi owners who have actually got the Rear wiper installed through MUL.
Could you get the details of this? When I enquired, someone told me its going to cost 45,000/- Another one said it requires ECU tweaking, hence its impossible.

I would like to know where it was done, what are the restrictions, how is it done [is it just like a company installation or any alternate method] and also the cost associated.
Old 8th July 2011, 19:19   #90
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Hey guys, Innova diesel is 60K more than the petrol counterpart. For a percentage perspective, its only an astonishngly 5% more.
Wonder why other manufacturers change a higher premium?! Especially the hatches.
did Innova, ever come with a petrol variant? Sorry, if i am misinformed.

Abhishek
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks