Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 12:37   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

There seems to be a lot of pent up demand for the ZDi Swift as we see so many enquiries. Generally it seems like MSIL dishes out a mid trim VDi / VXi which caters to the masses and the top variant is patronized by just a handful (read ZXi).

This time at least MSIL has to make it worthwhile to buy one in terms of loading up the specs since the competition is offering much more value and options (i20, Beat) to choose from among their variants.

Also they should note that the competition is much tougher this time around from the time they launched the Version 1 Swift 5-6 years ago and customer aspirations have gone several notches higher (steering mounted controls, MID, HVAC, start stop button, sunroof etc). What say...
Old 14th July 2011, 12:58   #137
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

To stay competitive ZDI variant will be hygiene i.e. the minimum MS should do - I would recommend to go a step ahead and have a ZDI (O) as well
Old 14th July 2011, 13:04   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Did they tell you the price? What are the new colors?
The lady who called me seems to have less idea about the product. She told me that the existing red wont be there there will be some Bleaching Red/Blazing red(I am not sure about what she told) and medium grey. The aprox price of ZDI variant will be 7.6 Lacs
ashok_lat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 13:11   #139
BHPian

It is very nice that Maruti has come up with a change. I was expecting some changes in the Swift dimensions since the Tata Motors launched their Vista. This has taken some share of Swift's market. The A-pillars does not hinder driver's view from the cabin. Fingers crossed to wait and watch what Maruti does now.
Any expected release date? Attached is the picture which was forwarded to me.
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-new_swift.jpg  

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 14th July 2011 at 13:20.
Old 14th July 2011, 13:31   #140
BHPian

New colors are Blazing Red, Torque Blue & Glistening Grey. Black, Silver and White will be carried over.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:19   #141
BHPian

Spoke to a known contact at Maruti Dealer, according to him the bookings for new Swift has started and his dealership has already got 300 bookings so far. The car is to be launched in Aug and deliveries to commence late Sep. Dealers are also gearing up to extend further discounts on the old Swift to clear inventory and those waiting for Swift VDi will be given a chance to upgrade to the new Swift with some freebies.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:30   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
New colors are Blazing Red, Torque Blue & Glistening Grey. Black, Silver and White will be carried over.
Is glistening grey the one in the picture above?

Also, since you seem to have inside sources, is the petrol gonna be launched first, then diesel later on? Thanks.
Old 15th July 2011, 01:08   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Is glistening grey the one in the picture above?

Also, since you seem to have inside sources, is the petrol gonna be launched first, then diesel later on? Thanks.
well that i cannot confirm. as the list of colors is all i got

though both petrol and diesel models are gonna be launched simultaneously.

cheers.
Old 15th July 2011, 07:40   #144
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I made some enquiries and it is true. The new Swift will be launched only in the 3rd week of August. So expect to see the vehicles on road by Sept.

No idea why they are delaying the launch. Hope a huge armada of Swifts is being made in the factory waiting to greet the customers on queue.
Old 15th July 2011, 09:35   #145
BHPian

I just came to know that the boot's capacity of the new Swift is just 200~ litres! What do we make of that! That's tiny I say . Due to this, they must make 60:40 split standard on all versions
designersf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 11:42   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
I just came to know that the boot's capacity of the new Swift is just 200~ litres! What do we make of that! That's tiny I say . Due to this, they must make 60:40 split standard on all versions
Well you win some you lose some.. for me seating space is more important as I do a lot of short highway trips where my driver drives the car and I am sitting at the back.. After I get my new swift most of the Pune-Mumbai trips will be made in it so I am happy that they will be providing extra space at the back. But yeah 60:40 needs to be the norm. No doubt about that.
Old 15th July 2011, 12:35   #147
BHPian

Just now received a call from Dealer where my VDI(abs) was booked. He offer me an option to upgrade from VDI to ZDI. I asked him to give me a tentative price of the upcoming model. He said that there will be a 15 to 70 K increase in the new model from the existing models. So as per him ZDI will be 70k costly from the existing VDI. And there will be no optional ABS from now onwards in the VDI model. So incase I opt for ZDI I will be shifted from the VDI Que to ZDI, which might be a bit shorter. And I might get my new swift sooner than expected. I agreed for ZDI .
P.S.Grewal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 14:24   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S.Grewal View Post
And there will be no optional ABS from now onwards in the VDI model.
Why is it so? VXi always had an optional ABS even when ZXi had ABS. So going by that logic, VDi should continue to have ABS option. Probably he wanted to make sure you upgrade to ZDi and hence misled you.
Old 15th July 2011, 15:31   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Just now received a call from Dealer where my VDI(abs) was booked. He offer me an option to upgrade from VDI to ZDI. I asked him to give me a tentative price of the upcoming model. He said that there will be a 15 to 70 K increase in the new model from the existing models. So as per him ZDI will be 70k costly from the existing VDI. And there will be no optional ABS from now onwards in the VDI model. So incase I opt for ZDI I will be shifted from the VDI Que to ZDI, which might be a bit shorter. And I might get my new swift sooner than expected. I agreed for ZDI .
Thanks for the info. Did u asked your dealer about the features available on the ZDI apart from ABS & AirBags?
Old 15th July 2011, 16:45   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Your post further reconfirms that a ZDi variant would be launched. Good news indeed. 70K over the VDi means the OTR price of ZDi will be under 7L (in Mumbai).

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Why is it so? VXi always had an optional ABS even when ZXi had ABS. So going by that logic, VDi should continue to have ABS option. Probably he wanted to make sure you upgrade to ZDi and hence misled you.
Exactly my thoughts. Makes no sense leaving ABS out on the VDi. Going by that logic, even VXi should be without ABS. Looks like the strategy is to push sales of the ZXi/ZDi. Or the dealer is misleading him.

There is a 2011 Swift community on Facebook which also talks about VDi with no ABS option.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks