Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 07:46   #211
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Here is my humble try (using Paint tool) at decoding both the exterior and the interior of the new Swift from their official website.

The originals, as they are posted with a 20-second timer, and my tries.

So, what are we looking at here?

Definitely the ACC (top-end), what else?
Does it required to flip any of the pieces from the actual pic.
when i tried it was not possible to complete without rotating the front door handle and top of wind shield from the exterior and steering wheel from interior pic.
Good work Ravan
Old 19th July 2011, 08:42   #212
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Here is my humble try
Excellent Work Raven... The interiors look definitely better.

Please find below the Interior Shot and comparison with Our Indian Model.

Seems like the exact replica, By the way the UK version doesn't have the climate control.
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift-interiors-decoded.gif  

rajchetan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 09:50   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Does it required to flip any of the pieces from the actual pic.
when i tried it was not possible to complete without rotating the front door handle and top of wind shield from the exterior and steering wheel from interior pic.
Good work Ravan
LOL @ Ravan!

Yes, both decodings require horizontal flipping of at least 4 pieces. Ergo, it's impossible to do it in 20 seconds. The Maruti guys have found a nice way to keep the Swift lovers guessing and make them frustrated at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Excellent Work Raven... The interiors look definitely better.

Please find below the Interior Shot and comparison with Our Indian Model.

Seems like the exact replica, By the way the UK version doesn't have the climate control.
Thanks, raj! I instantly knew that the ACC was a stand out feature (probably exclusive to the ZXi and the ZDi).

Anything else which looks distinguishing, except for the oddly-designed alloys?

All other stuff looks the same to me. I wonder if they have brought in the Start/Stop button - if yes, then where have they placed it? At the usual key hole place beside the steering on the right?
Old 19th July 2011, 10:39   #214
Senior - BHPian

Great work @Raven...or ravan

How different is this from the current Swift?
Current Swift ZXI comes with ACC.so, what extra features are we looking at?
Old 19th July 2011, 10:50   #215
Senior - BHPian

Maruti upgrades Swift to take on flashy new rivals
The Hindustan Times - Delhi - 19/07/2011

India's largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, is all set to launch an improved version of its bestselling compact car, the Swift, next month as it looks to thwart competition.

Swift has been a raging success for the firm ever since it was launched in the summer of 2005, with sales growing from under 55,000 in 2005-06 to around 1.5 lakh units in 2010-11.

The car however has been in the thick of competition, with global biggies like Toyota, Volkswagen, Honda, Nissan, Ford and GM all looking to eat into Swift's marketshare.

“The new Swift would be a completely new car though it may not look like one at the outset,“ said IV Rao, managing executive officer (engineering), MSIL. “It looks more or less the same but will be bigger and offer more space. It would also have all new interiors which would be the best in class and we have also tried to redress some issues that customers faced with the existing model.“

The new car was launched in developed markets like Japan and Europe last year, but Maruti chose to hold back its launch in India -possibly to align its production against the waiting period, and also to take a look at what the competition has to offer.

Experts feel that the high stakes being attached to the refreshed model is an indication of Maruti's drying product pipeline and its reliance on age-old platforms.

“If we discount the Eeco, the last car of any significance that Maruti launched was the Ritz, way back in 2009,“ said a senior automotive analyst. “They do not have an exciting line up too which shows poorly on a company that sells over a dozen cars in India, most of them small and wants to remain a dominant Number 1 in this market.

Swift is the newest Suzuki has to offer and Maruti knows it cannot go wrong with this.“

Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-19_07_2011_701_009.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-19_07_2011_2.jpg  

Old 19th July 2011, 11:13   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Great work @Raven...or ravan

How different is this from the current Swift?
Current Swift ZXI comes with ACC.so, what extra features are we looking at?

Not known yet, except speculation. (Motorbeam has published a long list of specifications and features, but that has to be taken with a grain of salt)

And I don't see anything else, except maybe differently colored interiors. Engine options are VVT and DDiS, that much is confirmed. Guess we will just have to wait till the official launch to find out.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:35   #217
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if any of you have noticed or not, but the Swift gets a preferential treatment from Maruti. I like it. It is clearly Maruti's most important model.

For e.g. for any other car, they would have most certainly continued with the 1.2 K series engine (without the dual VVT). Product differentiation wr.t. Roitz etc is crap. FOr any other model, Maruti would have been more than happy to milk customers because of the hyper demand of the model. With Swift, they clearly want to provide the best of that they have.

The beauty of Swift is: Despite being a Maruti, it enjoys tremendously good image. Anybody and everybody; from Rich to Upper Middle Class to Middle Class,everybody is open to buy a Swift. KUDOS TO SWIFT!

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 19th July 2011 at 11:38.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:45   #218
BHPian

Quote:

All other stuff looks the same to me. I wonder if they have brought in the Start/Stop button - if yes, then where have they placed it? At the usual key hole place beside the steering on the right?
From the article in HT, it does seem like they are bringing in the push button start.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:50   #219
BANNED

Quote:
LOL @ Ravan!

Yes, both decodings require horizontal flipping of at least 4 pieces. Ergo, it's impossible to do it in 20 seconds. The Maruti guys have found a nice way to keep the Swift lovers guessing and make them frustrated at the same time!
Well would have been correct if we hadn't see the new Swift. We have seen it all, there is hardly any surprise at all except those ugly alloys.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:04   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Well would have been correct if we hadn't see the new Swift. We have seen it all, there is hardly any surprise at all except those ugly alloys.
Indeed. The alloys are a real downer, and IMO don't look much sturdy.

Add to it, the contemporary design and styling of the Swift remains the same (bar some cosmetic changes to the head lights and tail lights).

I have a feeling that the Swift will see some stiff competition in the days to come, and won't have it as easy as it's older counterpart. If they are banking too much on the Start/Stop feature and refreshed interiors, then Maruti might be surprised.

The fine-tuned engine and power/performance will be the main factors yet again. Also, the sales will be driven by the sheer number of Maruti-Suzuki outlets and ease of A.S.S.

The DDiS will be the bigger sales-puller, but with increasing diesel options from other car companies lined up in the near future, the new Swift will have to face up to the heat in the ring. Beat Diesel is almost out, and is receiving positive reviews. Let's see how Toyota places it's Liva Diesel.

Not easy, Maruti. Not easy at all. Let's see how you price the new Swift first.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:07   #221
BHPian

[quote=@ Racer X when did you book the Car? Was it recently booked[/quote]

I booked the Swift around March 2011, well knowing that the New swift was going to be launched around August.

The booking was done for a VDI but since my dad knows the dealer, it was assumed to be for the new gen swift.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:07   #222
BHPian

Is there any news for Dzire launch? My brother has booked Dzire and his dealer said that Dzire will be launched along with new swift. I dont see anywhere that new Dzire is being launched next month. Does anybody has any news about this?
Old 19th July 2011, 12:10   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=sushantr5;2435461] Does anybody has any news about this?[quote]

Rumours indicate early 2012. I guess if anybody would have any authentic release date as yet.

Cheers!
Old 19th July 2011, 12:26   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi

From the article in HT, it does seem like they are bringing in the push button start.

If you look at this pic I got from the net which has the start stop button , the picture is taken facing the steering and the picture in the maruti site is taken keeping the center console as the central point. The steering seems to be obstructing the start stop button. It might be there I feel
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift_interior_start_stop.jpg  

muni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 12:30   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
The steering seems to be obstructing the start stop button. It might be there I feel
I'm not trying to disappoint you. Kindly look at the interior pic(from the website) in previous page and the area around the Start Stop button looks hollow(to me atleast). My gut feeling is we will not be getting Start Stop button.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks