Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 22:54   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
Will all the models come factory fitted with a music system? If not, then their central console can definitly be used for aftermarket systems. Even i am thinking on these lines .
Most probably it will only be the ZXi / ZDi which will come with the OEM sound system. That's looking at the current spec levels. At any cost, I don't see the LXi / LDi equipped with OEM stereo.
Old 19th July 2011, 23:36   #242
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

With current market offerings i think even VXi / VDi should come with integrated stereo.
Old 20th July 2011, 00:02   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
With current market offerings i think even VXi / VDi should come with integrated stereo.
With the current feature list, at-least the Swift Petrol / Diesel doesn't come equipped with the OEM stereo. Its the Dzire which comes with OEM stereo for VXi & VDi apart from the top ends [ZXi / ZDi].

Even the Swift website has been taken down and only the teasers are running now !
Old 20th July 2011, 00:03   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
With the current feature list, at-least the Swift Petrol / Diesel doesn't come equipped with the OEM stereo. Its the Dzire which comes with OEM stereo for VXi & VDi apart from the top ends [ZXi / ZDi].

Even the Swift website has been taken down and only the teasers are running now !
By current market offerings i meant what other companies are offering in their middle variants.
Old 20th July 2011, 00:03   #245
Senior - BHPian

New Swift looks stunning. In its new avatar, I am sure, it will replicate the success its predecessor had seen. It started its life as a sporty hatch with the go to match the show. And all that at a reasonable price. Hence, it took the market by the storm.

However, now it seems to have moved up a notch. Towards premium hatch class, may be. May be MUL wants to create more room for Ritz. Having set the sales charts afire year after year since its inception, there will be no dearth of takers for this sizzler even at a premium.

BTW, taillamp cluster does not gel well. And same goes for rear hatch. It looks quirky like in some French design. In fact, it does remind me of some French car model I am missing the name of.
Old 20th July 2011, 00:11   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
By current market offerings i meant what other companies are offering in their middle variants.
Oops, got it now ! In-fact that's something which I guess should be given only on the top end. Sadly there are very few companies which offer a nice system. The rest anyway upgrades to the new after market system. If they don't provide one instead of those crappy stuff, we very well can save that amount too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
However, now it seems to have moved up a notch. Towards premium hatch class, may be.
There is another catch to it though. Since the car so far didnt have the premium feel / equipments, it may be difficult for Maruti to showcase this as a premium car. And add to it, the new gen car doesnt look way too different even. The assumed 30K+ hike itself may not be perceived all that positively. And not to mention if they are going to charge way too high for the top ends, especially the ZDi variant. Also news is ripe that VW may bring in the 1.5L D for Polo. We just need to see the specs of this car. Anything above 90 bhp can be threatening for Swift ZDi.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th July 2011 at 00:16.
Old 20th July 2011, 00:28   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The assumed 30K+ hike itself may not be perceived all that positively. And not to mention if they are going to charge way too high for the top ends, especially the ZDi variant. .
You have a point there. But then again I think this 30K+ hike may benefit Ritz. Already Ritz is cannibalising Swift sales. Since, queue for swift is so long, MUL may not even be feeling the pinch. A local MUL showroom guy told us there have been many a case where a guy walks in to book/buy a Swift but instead books/buys a Ritz.
Old 20th July 2011, 01:33   #248
BHPian

Its really sad that though the new swift is priced higher all the goodies wont be available for the Indian version . The comparisons made by fellow bhpians is spot on.

Will be talking to the dealer who I have booked the Swift with to give me a quick preview of the car. I am sure he must be having few in his warehouse.
Old 20th July 2011, 03:56   #249
Senior - BHPian

Interiors do look really good. I hope they are much higher in quality when compared to the current version. And also hoping that they price it sensibly. 30k is slightly on the higher side but reasonable if the quality has gone up a few notches.
Old 20th July 2011, 10:07   #250
Senior - BHPian

Bookings are open now.
There is a half page ad in Hindu today.

Any one willing to come up with the actual pricing?

Awesome alloys on the car in the ad.
Old 20th July 2011, 10:19   #251
BHPian

Quote:

There is another catch to it though. Since the car so far didnt have the premium feel / equipments, it may be difficult for Maruti to showcase this as a premium car. And add to it, the new gen car doesnt look way too different even. The assumed 30K+ hike itself may not be perceived all that positively. And not to mention if they are going to charge way too high for the top ends, especially the ZDi variant. Also news is ripe that VW may bring in the 1.5L D for Polo. We just need to see the specs of this car. Anything above 90 bhp can be threatening for Swift ZDi.
How certain is this news about the 1.5D Polo? There are other links to this but no one seems to know for sure. Pure speculation. There are claims the 1.5D will have 94 HP output and will be a 4 cylinder engine. Same engine as the Vento D but detuned to sub 1500cc to gain excise benefits.

Regarding price hike of Swift, there are conflicting reports; some say 10K while others even talk about 50K. 10-15K seems like a fair increase considering the car is longer and features/interiors seem to be a notch better.
Old 20th July 2011, 12:35   #252
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Maruti has finally started the marketing for the new swift. Below is the Half page advert they released in today's TOI.

Waiting for the car to hit the showrooms and see for one in real.
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-new-swift.jpg

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 20th July 2011 at 12:36.
Old 20th July 2011, 12:40   #253
BHPian

I am sure a few memebers of the forum have already booked the new swift. can somebody pls enlighten us with the details - booking amount , waiting period quoted and tentative pricing?
Old 20th July 2011, 12:47   #254
Senior - BHPian

I'm in love with this Black Beauty
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift-2.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift3.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift-8.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift-7.jpg  

Old 20th July 2011, 13:41   #255
BHPian

Hi Vroom barabar! and bhpians

I booked all new swift diesel yesterday i.e 19th july and paid booking amount of rs 10000 for Vdi model . Waiting is same three months as i was i discussing with the dealer . Vdi will cost around 6 lakh as per their assumption . I am waiting for price to get disclosed on launch .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks