Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 20:43   #301
BANNED

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
That is insider info but yeah, it still is quite difficult to believe that Maruti will launch both together. More than anything else, they wouldn't be able to deliver cars on time!
Moreover, Maruti DZire site has no info regarding the new car - unlike the Swift's site, which carries a teaser image even a month before its launch!
Old 25th July 2011, 20:51   #302
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

News is that the new Swift has notched up over 25,000 bookings already! Pre-launch!
Old 25th July 2011, 21:05   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
News is that the new Swift has notched up over 25,000 bookings already! Pre-launch!
Very much possible as my booking is at no 410 from Sagar Automobiles Bangalore. With so many showrooms all across the country the popular Swift is bound to have such numbers . How many cancellations happen post launch due to the delivery delays / periods will be another issue.
Old 25th July 2011, 21:18   #304
Senior - BHPian

New swift's have started arriving to dealer yards. A friend snapped them while they were being transported. He has more pics which he will send over later and I shall upload later.

I too was told that minimum 3 months waiting if booked now.
Attached Images

h@r$h@l is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 21:52   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Does that include the bookings for the old Swift which have now been converted to bookings for the new Swift?
Old 25th July 2011, 22:00   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
New swift's have started arriving to dealer yards. A friend snapped them while they were being transported. He has more pics which he will send over later and I shall upload later.

I too was told that minimum 3 months waiting if booked now.

Is that copper or maroon (im really bad with colors, especially their names).
Old 25th July 2011, 22:15   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Is that copper or maroon (im really bad with colors, especially their names).
It seems to be "Blazing Red" from the information available so far.
Old 25th July 2011, 22:43   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Does that include the bookings for the old Swift which have now been converted to bookings for the new Swift?
I dont think so ! Guess its the *new* bookings after Maruti ads started about the new Swift. I am kinda disappointed after Hormazd said the interiors are NOT leap ahead. The major gripe for me is the current Swift's interior quality and doesn't look like its addressed to a great extent. But will still watch out for the new ownership reports and a t-bhp review.
Old 25th July 2011, 23:08   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I dont think so ! Guess its the *new* bookings after Maruti ads started about the new Swift.
The Swift currently commands a 3-4 month waiting period while selling 11-12K examples per month. In that context is 25K bookings a really big number?
Old 25th July 2011, 23:29   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
This is "live" reporting! I guess this is the same unit I passed at SG Highway (opp Karnavati Club) on my way back from work today - around 2015 hours. As I whizzed past, the turn indicators on the ORVMs caught my attention and I noticed the "swooping" head lights through the corner of my eye.

Looked good! in the limited view I got - and this when I have still not been able to like the looks of the current version.

Trust MSIL to price it right. Waiting for TSK's TD report since he is hatch-hunting.
Old 25th July 2011, 23:31   #311
BHPian

I am very curious on an automatic variant of Swift!! any hope?
Old 25th July 2011, 23:36   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
I am very curious on an automatic variant of Swift!! any hope?
There is a good chance the new Swift will come with a 4-speed AT variant as well. Keep checking this thread for an update on that.
Old 25th July 2011, 23:43   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
The Swift currently commands a 3-4 month waiting period while selling 11-12K examples per month. In that context is 25K bookings a really big number?
I don't think the waiting period was in question, rather the number of bookings an "un-launched" vehicle gathered. This can be easily delivered in just 2 months flat, but once the existing customers are allotted vehicles. Also once the launch happens, there will be more bookings. Guess this is the car which attracted the maximum bookings even before launch?
Old 26th July 2011, 00:00   #314
Senior - BHPian

More pics of the new swift clicked by a friend.

Cheers!!!
Attached Images

h@r$h@l is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 00:08   #315
BHPian

Alloys looks good.. not the standard designs provided by other manufacturers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks