Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 10:57   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
More pics of the new swift clicked by a friend.

Cheers!!!
Thanks h@r$h@l for the scoop.

What is the size of the wheel, 185/X/R15 or 165/X/R15? Also, it seems like the Swift will be getting a factory fitted spoiler and are those central locking button on the key fob? Can you pls attach higher resolution pictures of the interiors and the wheel if possible? Cannot fathom the quality of plastic and upholstery from these pictures.
Old 26th July 2011, 11:01   #332
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Even the Key-fob looks like a gen or two old - No remote locking on ZXi variant?
The key fob is the same that is found on the Ritz, The new swift does have remote locking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
And why is that hanky (or is it a piece of paper) kept over the place where Start-stop button should be?
No start stop button. It has been replaced by a coin holder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I think none of the features you have mentioned would be segment-first.
Exactly my point! But if Suzuki would have provided all of these wouldn't that be a segment first?

With the current equipment level the swift is already lacking behind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
And let's wait to see the car in flesh before commenting on the interior quality.
ACI and many others have seen the car in flesh and have said that is is not different than that of the current gen.
Old 26th July 2011, 11:03   #333
BHPian

Phew. What a dampener. I had changed the booking from VDi ABS to VDi and seems like I made the right choice. If only they still gave ABS.

The pictures, though blurry, makes it look like the quality of the plastics has not improved much.
Old 26th July 2011, 11:07   #334
BANNED

Oh no! Maruti strips the features yet again! We are not getting bluetooth enabled stereo or engine start stop button or could it be that Maruti is planning a version on the top of ZXi like they did with the SX4?
Old 26th July 2011, 11:11   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Thanks h@r$h@l for the scoop.

What is the size of the wheel, 185/X/R15 or 165/X/R15?
185/65 R15 is the wheel size. I confirmed with my friend who clicked the pics.
Old 26th July 2011, 11:17   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Oh no! Maruti strips the features yet again! We are not getting bluetooth enabled stereo or engine start stop button
Sadly, that is the bitter truth my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
could it be that Maruti is planning a version on the top of ZXi like they did with the SX4?
Not a chance! Suzuki thinks that they have done us a favor by providing a ZDI variant!

Hey guys,

You'll might have read my previous comments, Why all of a sudden this out cry from my side? Because since a year I was Awaiting the new swift! I was sure to be the first person to buy it. But the tables turned and the past few hours made me think of what the new swifts USP could be?

Just then I just came across the fact that the new swift has an ARAI efficiency of 23.8 Km/l

Which reminded me of the "Kitna deti hai" Ad's where the engineers explain the plethora of features of the Spaceship etc and at the end of it the Indian Asks "Kitna deti hai". So for a FE sensitive market like India Suzuki is still cashing on this fact and has decided to continue.

Initially I enjoyed the Ad's but now I feel that Suzuki have taken them too seriously. Of course the common buyer will be lured by the FE and buy the car.

But as An informed Buyer Suzuki has just lost a customer.

We Indians deserve better, Thereby I boycott the Swift!

Last edited by Eddy : 26th July 2011 at 11:47. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins. Thanks.
Furebo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 11:53   #337
Senior - BHPian

I am sick of this step motherly treatment metted out by auto manufacturers to Indian customers. After all the hype we ll get a stripped down version of the swift. The swift that was supposed to be the game changer. Phew! I mean this is how suzuki treats its largest market, and the swift is a superstar here no doubt. Dont we people who ve placed so much hope and trust on the maruti brand deserve better. They can offer better deals to people who consider them crap, but Indians who just love maruti get to do with this treatment. Sad state of affairs.

And why the talk of charging premium. I own a swift 1.3 lt petrol and happened to drive my friends i20. Frankly the interiors of my car look crappy compared to the i20. Build quality less said the better. Now with this supposed hike in the price maruti expects to take the fight to i20s and the polos. Both are still a couple of notches ahead unless there is a drastic improvement in interior quality which sadly is not the case as per initial impressions.

Sad to say but as much as I love my swift, I may never buy a maruti again.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 13:04   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Petrol. Expected price of the ZXi AT is 6.7L.

Maruti 2011 New Swift Automatic, Review, Price, Maruti Cars India, Comparison, Images, Variants

I am very skeptical about the FE figures given in that page though.
Thanks Raven. 6.7L is high. AT sure adds to the price considerably. May be that explains why we will never see a diesel hatch with AT.
Old 26th July 2011, 13:07   #339
BHPian

I was hoping a lot of the features would be carried from the European version at some cost.

But looks like Suzuki stripped the car a lot. Well even with the stripped down features, Swift will sell swiftly. The kind of resale it commands in the market is too lucrative.

Did anyone see other colors of the Car. Most of the time I see only the Blazing Red in Pics or videos. The ZXi reminds me more of the SX4 topend in the market.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 13:20   #340
BHPian

Quote:

Maruti 2011 New Swift Automatic, Review, Price, Maruti Cars India, Comparison, Images, Variants

These specs do not look to be of the Indian variant. Example:
Ground Clearance:140.00 mm

Car will get killed with this level of GC in India. Btw any updates if the MID is introduced?
Old 26th July 2011, 13:36   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Autos.maxabout.com is the most unreliable website for auto news and specifications. I just can't believe 140mm GC for Swift. Anything below 160mm is not for Indian roads. I am waiting for official launch for price and specifications details.
Old 26th July 2011, 14:31   #342
Team-BHP Support

As per the Global Swift website v/s Indian Swift specs

Maximum output kW/rpm - 55/4000
Maximum torque Nm/rpm - 190/1750

The current Indian engine has - 75 ps/4000 rpm and 190 Nm/2000 rpm.

Any clue if we are getting this engine here? We might not experience as much turbo lag as in the outgoing model then.

The kerb weight of the new version is 10kgs down to the outgoing model as well.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th July 2011 at 14:33.
Old 26th July 2011, 17:30   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Autos.maxabout.com is the most unreliable website for auto news and specifications. I just can't believe 140mm GC for Swift. Anything below 160mm is not for Indian roads. I am waiting for official launch for price and specifications details.
True. The GC specs might be of the UK variant.

But at least we have the hope that the Swift will be launched with an AT. The official launch should confirm it.
Old 26th July 2011, 17:42   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True. The GC specs might be of the UK variant.

But at least we have the hope that the Swift will be launched with an AT. The official launch should confirm it.
I sincerely hope that automatic variant makes its way to India but again even the automatic thing might be for some other country.

But I will love to see an automatic swift in India. There will be many takers of AT swift.
Old 26th July 2011, 18:00   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
We Indians deserve better, Thereby I boycott the Swift!
If that's the case all manufacturers do the same and we have to boycott all the Cars.

As for as Swift is concerned i am OK without start/stop button but i cannot tolerate the inferior Quality of interiors than European Swift. I wished for Bluetooth music system and leather wrapped steering wheel.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed