Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 22:31   #466
BANNED

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

I've heard that these are the confirmed colours from a Maruti salesperson today(just a few hours back):

Glistening Grey (new)
Blazing Red (new)
Torque Blue (new)
White
Black
Silver

Is this true ? Swift badly needs new sporty colours.

Last edited by mithun : 4th August 2011 at 22:35.
Old 4th August 2011, 22:40   #467
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Current Swift DDiS 0-100: 13.8 secs
Current Swift Petrol 0-100: 12.xx secs
As per ACI

Current Swift DDiS 0-100: 13.87 secs
Current Swift Petrol 0-100: 13.1 secs

As per ODMAG

Current Swift DDiS 0-100: 13.2 secs
Current Swift Petrol 0-100: 13.8 secs
Old 5th August 2011, 00:27   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Current Swift DDiS 0-100: 13.8 secs
Current Swift Petrol 0-100: 12.xx secs
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
As per ACI

Current Swift DDiS 0-100: 13.87 secs
Current Swift Petrol 0-100: 13.1 secs

As per ODMAG

Current Swift DDiS 0-100: 13.2 secs
Current Swift Petrol 0-100: 13.8 secs
Can't believe the new swift will be slower than current one, in spite of the "lighter" speculation. The DDiS is supposed to make more torque at lesser rpms. Will this also not help ?
Old 5th August 2011, 00:35   #469
Senior - BHPian

As more details come out for the new Swift, I am trying to figure out what is new apart from the platform changes etc.
So far this is what I have gathered -
  • New ZDI variant with features same as ZXI.
  • new VTVT in the petrol engine with slightly more power and better FE. (~6%)
  • Same diesel engine with some more tuning to have slightly better FE (~4%)
  • 15" wheels instead of 14" in the Z variants
  • blinkers on OVRMs
  • Aux/USB connection in HU
  • electric mirrors
  • 40mm more wheelbase, slightly more roomy interiors
  • interior quality supposed to be better.

IMHO, the above changes are too little for a new generation of such an iconic car for Maruti-Suzuki. The I10 facelift had more changes than the above, and here we are talking about a whole new generation. May be Maruti wants to play safe as Swift is still king of the segment and they do not want to experiment with a successful formula and jack up prices in the process. I am sure the prices would be pretty much the same, may be 10-15K more as the changes are not significant enough to warrant a higher price increase. Whatever is the case, it is underwhelming to me.

Last edited by adimicra : 5th August 2011 at 00:36.
Old 5th August 2011, 01:08   #470
Team-BHP Support

BS Motoring has come out with their 'things you need to know' list. Looks like they had their drive, but pics seem to be from archives.

ARAI ratings are 18.7 and 22.9 indeed.

http://www.bsmotoring.com/news/break...w-swift/3862/1

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th August 2011 at 01:10.
Old 5th August 2011, 05:32   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Can't believe the new swift will be slower than current one, in spite of the "lighter" speculation. The DDiS is supposed to make more torque at lesser rpms. Will this also not help ?
If overall drive-ability is better than current Swift i don't think people will mind 1 sec off 0-100. Even with 14.8 secs to 100 it's still faster than most diesel hatches we have in the market (Figo, Micra, Polo, Beat, Punto 75+90)
Old 5th August 2011, 08:17   #472
Senior - BHPian

Hormazd tweets this morning.

Quote:
New Swift feels great on Rajashthan roads. Less fidgety, more planted than before, smoother too but diesel not as punchy as previous Swift
Old 5th August 2011, 08:42   #473
BHPian

Quote:
diesel not as punchy as previous Swift
So it looks like its all about the FE now. Cant wait to find out if the Swift D is as fun to drive as before. For me that was a USP.

With Suzuki playing it so safe and all I don't think we can expect the 90 Bhp Swift D in future!

Eagerly Awaiting the Team-Bhp review.

Last edited by Furebo : 5th August 2011 at 08:44.
Old 5th August 2011, 10:21   #474
BHPian

Guys any news if the Z versions have keyless entry and Autocop/immobilizer as standard.
Old 5th August 2011, 11:14   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo
So it looks like its all about the FE now. Cant wait to find out if the Swift D is as fun to drive as before. For me that was a USP.

With Suzuki playing it so safe and all I don't think we can expect the 90 Bhp Swift D in future!

Eagerly Awaiting the Team-Bhp review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel
Hormazd tweets this morning.
Maybe we are also getting the new spec engine which makes the peak torque of 190Nm at 1750 RPM. As we know, the old DDiS numbers read 190Nm @ 2000 RPM.

The focus maybe on drivability than slingshot acceleration. The new spec engine will also have lesser turbo lag with more linear delivery, so it may seem less punchy. I don’t know whether MSIL has tuned it for more FE on top of this. Though, the ‘in gear’ acceleration figures will make a very interesting read.

Guess, many here will miss the good old hooligan, the BS3 DDiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Guys any news if the Z versions have keyless entry and Autocop/immobilizer as standard.
Don't know about keyless entry, but the engine immobilizer is a standard fare for all Maruti cars. They call it the iCATs (Intelligent Computerized Anti-Theft System)
Old 5th August 2011, 11:20   #476
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Guess, many here will miss the good old hooligan, the BS3 DDiS!
May be just an ECU swap with the old gen will unleash the missing power? I doubt they'd change anything other than the fuel maps.
Old 5th August 2011, 11:21   #477
Senior - BHPian

Is Maruti going a bit backwards with the Focus on fuel economy ?

The K-series Swift's response is definitely more docile than the G13. (Noted in my ownership report, here.
And the VVT isnt delivering the punch of the G13 either. Makes me a bit sad.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 11:39   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
May be just an ECU swap with the old gen will unleash the missing power? I doubt they'd change anything other than the fuel maps.
Yep. That one is the usual suspect along with the exhaust plumbing. Wonder what all might be present inside to clean up the gases.

But a new ECU will be the same cost as a Pete's box. Isn't it?

Also, IIRC, the old DDiS was one of very few engines to feature an intercooler amoung the hatchbacks. Hope it is still there.
Old 5th August 2011, 11:56   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Maybe we are also getting the new spec engine which makes the peak torque of 190Nm at 1750 RPM. As we know, the old DDiS numbers read 190Nm @ 2000 RPM.
Nope. We are getting the same engine.

What do you mean by the old DDiS numbers? Those are merely tweaks that are done via the ECU.

Earlier torque delivery means; earlier punch in power delivery. That tweet says that the punch is missing.

Pointing out towards a more FE approach oriented tuning. In simple words the Power delivery has become much more linear in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
+1 Sajo!

And here I was expecting the 90 Bhp Swift D, Which was ready to take on the i20 and likes.

Last edited by Furebo : 5th August 2011 at 12:08.
Old 5th August 2011, 12:07   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
But which of these are new ones figures? All are different I am confused, but do we have the figures for the new VVT one? Or did I miss out on something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

The K-series Swift's response is definitely more docile than the G13. (Noted in my ownership report, here.
And the VVT isnt delivering the punch of the G13 either. Makes me a bit sad.
Again did I miss out on something do we have any figures on the petrol to suggest it is nt as punchy as the non vvt one or the G13?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks