Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2011, 08:46   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

^^Dude I have done 140 on the expressway in my 2006 Vxi so no way the new Swift petrol "tops out" at the same speed. People really need to check their facts before posting.
Old 7th August 2011, 08:52   #512
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911

So the Swift D tops off at 165 kmph and the petrol tops off at 140???? What is the world coming to be? Are the days of petrolhead numbered already??
How come a 75bhp diesel is faster (topspeed) than an 87bhp petrol? Unless petrol version has much shorter gearing.

Better wait for teambhp review.
Old 7th August 2011, 09:29   #513
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
The ZDi version will be 70-75K more than the VDi. It has 15 inch alloys, ACC, ABS, EBD, real wiper, defogger, steering mounted controls, audio system is the one like in Kizashi(I think he didn't have a clue on that one), better plastic, wider and longer body which means more space.
Wider and longer body just for the ZDi? That doesn't sound right.
Old 7th August 2011, 10:09   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Do you seriously believe this guy?
My Santro did a top speed of 155 kmph on the speedo and I have done 140+ many times. I have done 160+ on the old Swift P. There must be something wrong with guy. No way it can be 140 kmph for the Swift P with 85+ horses under the hood.
May be he is talking about the stability of the car at 140 and not the top speed...even I have done 150 in my WagonR once just to check the top speed. So, no way Swift can have a top seed @ 140, it should be 160+.
Old 7th August 2011, 11:33   #515
BHPian

Quote:
It's just the margin of 70-75K minimum that he mentioned is what is putting me off. So we are looking at Swift VDi going to over 7 Lakh+ on road in Delhi. That clearly goes into the Polo/i20 bracket.
I believe you meant the ZDi going 7+ and not the VDi. That was expected, wasn't it? When the old VDi-ABS was about 6.2L OTR, the new ZDi was always going to touch the 7L mark. The Polo engines are seriously no match for the Swift engines - both petrol & diesel, new as well old Swifts (barring the 1.6 Polo). The Polo diesel top end has so many features missing that the ZDi would look a lot attractive at 7L. Build quality of the Polo would be the only plus point.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 12:30   #516
Team-BHP Support

Gentlemen, the old Swift with the 1.3 DDiS engine does not do over 160 kmph on the speedo and neither will the new car. The Petrol might do slightly better but given the claimed FE figures, I doubt that as well.
Old 7th August 2011, 12:44   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Gentlemen, the old Swift with the 1.3 DDiS engine does not do over 160 kmph on the speedo and neither will the new car. The Petrol might do slightly better but given the claimed FE figures, I doubt that as well.
Do you seriously believe so ? The petrol topping out at 140/- might have something to do with the gear ratios? We all know that the FE is better than the previous version with the same engine. So could be do to this. We need the team-bhp review soooooooooon !

Quote:
Again went to the dealer. The sales guy said he just came back from the training on the new swift. He didn't have too many details about the prices but did mention that all models will be 30-40K higher than the previous ones.

The ZDi version will be 70-75K more than the VDi. It has 15 inch alloys, ACC, ABS, EBD, real wiper, defogger, steering mounted controls, audio system is the one like in Kizashi(I think he didn't have a clue on that one), better plastic, wider and longer body which means more space.
And I guess a 70K premium for ZDi over VDi is completely justified. ZDi have anyway more features including a full size 5th alloy wheel.

On the stereo being similar to Kizashi, anyway it looks the same as Kizashi - So that's what probably the SE mentioned.

Edit:: New Features on Swift :: Tilt steering LXi & LDi variants. So are rear parcel tray and retractable cup holder. Electric OVRM on VXi / VDi as well.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th August 2011 at 12:49.
Old 7th August 2011, 12:53   #518
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Do you seriously believe so ? The petrol topping out at 140/- might have something to do with the gear ratios? We all know that the FE is better than the previous version with the same engine. So could be do to this. We need the team-bhp review soooooooooon !
Yes, the Old Swift did not do over 160 kmph on the speedo. Would love to see one doing anything over 170.

I cannot really comment on the new Petrol version. My guess is it would be about the same as the Diesel.
Old 7th August 2011, 14:10   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the Old Swift did not do over 160 kmph on the speedo. Would love to see one doing anything over 170.

I cannot really comment on the new Petrol version. My guess is it would be about the same as the Diesel.
Old Swift with the 1.2 Engine does 135+ with still a lot of juice left. Personal experience.

But hey, why are we even discussing the top speed? The Swift can a bundle of fun even 50-80kmph! Just sit back and revel in its chuckability, sweet sounds and great gearshifts.

Seriously though, I need another car (already have a Swift and an Indigo) to be driven by a sedate driver for 8kms everyday within city traffic. Prime requirements being refinement, FE and easy to live with nature , in that order.
Under considerations are the Micra, Jazz and my personal choice, the Swift ZDi.

And for that, I am desperately waiting for the TBHp review. If there is one review which can reach the million hits mark faster than the Figo review, this one is it.
Old 7th August 2011, 14:56   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Wider and longer body just for the ZDi? That doesn't sound right.
My bad if I put it incorrectly. Wider and longer body is for the new swift overall, for all the variants, I was just talking about the features et all for the ZDi.
Old 7th August 2011, 15:49   #521
A.R
BHPian

Got a call from PRatham Motors, Bangalore asking if I was interested in booking the New Swift. I wasn't keen in booking wothout seeing the car in person to which he said there are already so many bookings. After the car is launchedm I may have to wait for 2 - 3 months for delivery. Don't know if this is still true or are the sales guys still living in their old days.

A customer has too many options in this segment today and not all will be ready to wait!
Old 7th August 2011, 19:50   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
Got a call from PRatham Motors, Bangalore asking if I was interested in booking the New Swift. I wasn't keen in booking wothout seeing the car in person to which he said there are already so many bookings. After the car is launchedm I may have to wait for 2 - 3 months for delivery. Don't know if this is still true or are the sales guys still living in their old days.

A customer has too many options in this segment today and not all will be ready to wait!
10,000 swift would have sold in july had the production been on. So already they have a backlog of 10,000 swifts + 10,000 of August and Plus 10,000 as it is a new car, And if one does not book in first few days then for sure he would have to wait 3 months for diesel and 1 month for petrol for delivery. May be one would have to wait for diesel even if they book today.
Old 7th August 2011, 20:42   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Waiting period as per him is about 2 months for petrol and 3-4 months for diesel here is Delhi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncar View Post
10,000 swift would have sold in july had the production been on. So already they have a backlog of 10,000 swifts + 10,000 of August and Plus 10,000 as it is a new car, And if one does not book in first few days then for sure he would have to wait 3 months for diesel and 1 month for petrol for delivery. May be one would have to wait for diesel even if they book today.
I guess there is a total of 60,000 units backlog as of now ! Thats some 20,000 while the production was cut & a 40,000 booking for the new Swift. And assuming a capacity of 22,000 units a month, all the backlogs can be cleared in 3-4 months max.
Old 7th August 2011, 21:59   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We need the team-bhp review soooooooooon !
And I guess a 70K premium for ZDi over VDi is completely justified. ZDi have anyway more features including a full size 5th alloy wheel.On the stereo being similar to Kizashi, anyway it looks the same as Kizashi

Edit:: New Features on Swift :: Tilt steering LXi & LDi variants. So are rear parcel tray and retractable cup holder. Electric OVRM on VXi / VDi as well.
Quote:
I guess there is a total of 60,000 units backlog as of now ! Thats some 20,000 while the production was cut & a 40,000 booking for the new Swift. And assuming a capacity of 22,000 units a month, all the backlogs can be cleared in 3-4 months max.
More and more features on the New Swift, and number of bookings on the rise. Let the D-day arrive, there will be a spate of bookings.
Old 7th August 2011, 23:02   #525
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that! Had tried to touch 160 on the expressway long time ago but just cudn't manage it. If i remember correctly 155kmph was the max i could touch before i slowed down as i did not feel that confident.
Btw, according to initial reviews the new Swift in its diesel avatar is not as punchy as before. Eagerly awaiting for the Official Team-bhp review though!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks