Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 08:29   #646
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

IMO, your friend must have missed out many additions especially on the ZDi. Some of them I can think of are (over the VDi)

- Rear Wipe & wash
- Audio control on Steering wheel (possibly on VDi too)
- ACC
- ABS and Airbag[/quote]

As mentioned in the earlier post, those mentioned are ADDITIONAL FEATURES and the ones mentioned by you were there earlier swift too!

Will double confirm on the rear Disk Brake Claim. Now even I am having my doubts. Will get back after confirming.
Old 12th August 2011, 09:09   #647
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Hi all,

Zxi'Zdi comes with 15" alloys,
Rear Disk Brake

MSIL has reduced the gap between the Vxi and Zxi variants.
ZDi/ZXi certainly will not come with rear discs. This is confirmed.

By reduced gap, I believe you are referring to the features and not the price.
Old 12th August 2011, 10:06   #648
Senior - BHPian

Excerpt from SVP's review -
"I found the petrol version lacking in spirit—even though the drive is very smooth, it doesn’t have the potent punch that other petrols like the VW Polo exhibit with aplomb"

Is he serious? Polo with 3-cylinder 75 Bhp motor performing better than 4-clinder VVT 87 BHP Swift?
Old 12th August 2011, 10:39   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra
"I found the petrol version lacking in spirit—even though the drive is very smooth, it doesn’t have the potent punch that other petrols like the VW Polo exhibit with aplomb"

Is he serious? Polo with 3-cylinder 75 Bhp motor performing better than 4-clinder VVT 87 BHP Swift?
I guess he must be referring to 1.6 polo.

I wonder whether swift will have company fitted 16'' wheel options. Any news on the same will be really appreciated.

Cheers !
Old 12th August 2011, 11:06   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

Even I read that and I think essentially what he's saying is right. 3 cylinder petrols typically feel very torquey in the low-mid range with a somewhat poor top end, where as the engine in the Swift is very linear, the more you rev, the more you are rewarded! That said, I've driven the previous gen Swift, and I definitely wouldn't term it as 'lacking in spirit'. Let's hope the New Swift doesn't disappoint!

But if it comes down to downright performance, things like 0-100 times, the Swift will beat the Polo 1.2, hollow, no doubt.
Old 12th August 2011, 11:09   #651
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As mentioned in the earlier post, those mentioned are ADDITIONAL FEATURES and the ones mentioned by you were there earlier swift too!

Will double confirm on the rear Disk Brake Claim. Now even I am having my doubts. Will get back after confirming.
No offence meant. Please recall that there was no ZXi/ZDi in the earlier Swift. Swift never came with the features mentioned by me (ABS was offered as optional in the VDi).
Old 12th August 2011, 11:29   #652
BHPian

I find it quite absurd that manufacturers dont give a 60:40 split rear seat default on hatch backs and dead pedal too . When boot space is less, doesn't it make sense to have options to increase boot space rather than expecting people to fold the entire rear seats to liberate more space. Why strip so many features is what I don't get.

The international version has it and I honestly feel that we are taken too much for granted. They showed their innovation by giving the indian version the oddish looking alloy wheels.

If at all there was anything, I would have expected the indian market to be given preferential treatment than the outside world. They are not selling the car dirt cheap anyway and has its own set of quality and fit and finish issues.

Transmission tunnel is something they can work with also when designers at Toyota have quite mastered flat floors at the rear for many cars I have seen.

Overall its still a desirable car if the quality has improved

Last edited by muni : 12th August 2011 at 11:30.
muni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 12:02   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
A friend in dealership got to see the car in flesh he received training on the car.
Additonal Features:

Ldi comes with:
Tilt Steering
Fuel Efficiency indicator

Vxi/Vdi variant comes with
Electronic ORVM controls
ORVM with Indicator
Integrated Remote Key
Audio System with USB

Zxi'Zdi comes with 15" alloys,
Rear Disk Brake

MSIL has reduced the gap between the Vxi and Zxi variants.
that would my reaction if all that is indeed true. Electric Ovrms and Audio System with USB would actually justify the 30k premium over existing prices. If all that is indeed provided on VDI then my chevvy beat-d plans just got cancelled

And yeah.. There are no rear disc brakes in my SX4 ZDI so how can MS suddenly offer them on Swift??
Old 12th August 2011, 12:43   #654
BHPian

I was looking at the video on page 43 of this thread, no 60:40 Spilt? No 3 headrest on the rear bench?
Why does MSIL make such silly mistakes? The BEAT and RITZ have the 60:40 which is so useful when the boot is below 250 Litres.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:11   #655
BHPian

I shall be booking a swift soon.
But looking at the features, I am now skeptical on price difference MSIL will command over older swift.

I doubt they'll charge just 20-30K over equivalent previous gen models.Who knows the premium shall be between 70k- 1Lac.

Do we have a concrete figure on pricing by now?
Old 12th August 2011, 13:13   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
I was looking at the video on page 43 of this thread, no 60:40 Spilt? No 3 headrest on the rear bench?
Why does MSIL make such silly mistakes? The BEAT and RITZ have the 60:40 which is so useful when the boot is below 250 Litres.
I remember Ritz having the 60:40 Split Seat and storage spot right above the glove box. Basically these things may be some strategical marketing ideas to boost sales for Ritz. You can confuse lot of Potential Swift customers to Ritz as Ritz has lesser delivery time. No matter what ever the options are.. majority of people who are buying Swift buys for Sportiness, handling and upmarket interiors. Its sure that New Swift will hold the position where the Old Swift left. Ritz which is suffering from the sales(as sales are not expected) will also do well as that will be positioned for more VFM.

I guess the the features which are left out(like Bluetooth music system, Split seat etc) will come in the face lifted versions for Swift after 3 or 4 years.

Swift - More youthfulness - Decision taken from heart
Ritz - More Pracatality & VFM - Decision taken from Brain

^^ Thats how Maruti wants to position the hatches.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 12th August 2011 at 13:18.
Old 12th August 2011, 14:37   #657
BHPian

Your right in a way ashok, I wish Swift had these basic features which are there on the global swifts.
60:40, 3 rear headrests and dead pedal too i guess.
Its very simple, this is the best selling hatch for MSIL, it should have everything to fight the competation properly, end of the day these features are basic requirement when we pay 7 lakhs OTR for a hatch.

RITZ will anyways sell to the practical buyers because at the moment price difference between RITZ and Swift on the Vdi variant for example is 30000. With a increase of new swift price by another 35000, the price difference will become 75-80k depending on the road tax calculation of the state.

So by not giving simple requirement features MSIL is taking a big risk and under estimating the market competation.
Old 12th August 2011, 16:29   #658
BHPian

First Video Review Of Indian Swift

Here's the first video review of Indian Swift by AutocarIndia:

0-100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 16:42   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

I have always observed a clear bias towards the Polo and VW brand in general in all of SVPs reviews and comparisons, right from the episode covering the Polo's launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh Mishra View Post
I guess he must be referring to 1.6 polo.
If that is true, then its again apples vs oranges, and i don't think a seasoned reviewer would do that.

Last edited by SilkDrive : 12th August 2011 at 16:45.
Old 12th August 2011, 17:33   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post

I have always observed a clear bias towards the Polo and VW brand in general in all of SVPs reviews and comparisons, right from the episode covering the Polo's launch.

I don't know about bias but I found his reviews to be totally amateurish. The only thing he talks about in detail is design element and how the tail lamps blend into the overall detailing and such nonsense.

I find the reviews by Overdrive to be much better and of course Team BHP reviews the best. Let's wait for that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks