Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2011, 21:23   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
thanks SnF

One more quick question : Now that its sure that Ldi/Vdi will have 14" wheels and Zdi will have 15".

Will there be a difference between these models in terms of :

1. Ride and Handling (good and bad roads)

2. Fuel Efficiency
L&V Variant tyre profile - 165/80 R14
Z Variant tyre profile - 185/65 R15

I will not see much difference in terms of ride, but would think the L&V variants to have [marginally] better comfort. But handling should be better [visible difference] in Z variants.

I would not account much drop in FE for a wider tyre [especially in this case]. I personally believe FE is more dependent on ones driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh Mishra View Post
And, is it wise to upgrade to 16 inch wheels from the 15 inch being offered on ZXi/ZDi ? Will it make any difference in handling/ride quality or performance?

Swift 2011 comes with 16 inch option in UK.
Upgrading to 16" will void your warranty and this should be the biggest concern for you. Sure your grip & handling will improve assuming you will have a much wider tyre. But also you might end up with a harsher ride since the profile is bound to be lower. And if the width is too much, there are chances of the tyres scrapping the body on full locks.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th August 2011 at 21:27.
Old 15th August 2011, 21:26   #722
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Ride and handling should definitely be better with the 15 inchers on the ZXI/ZDI. Difference is fuel efficiency will be very negligible and would be insignificant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
thanks SnF

One more quick question : Now that its sure that Ldi/Vdi will have 14" wheels and Zdi will have 15".

Will there be a difference between these models in terms of :

1. Ride and Handling (good and bad roads)

2. Fuel Efficiency
Its your personal choice to upgrade to 16 inchers. Ride quality will deteriorate with low profile tyres (aspect ratio), however bigger deterrent will be the warranty clause on your suspension, though maruti is generally pretty accomodative (IMO). You can get the same multispoke design in 15 inchers too.

Quote:
And, is it wise to upgrade to 16 inch wheels from the 15 inch being offered on ZXi/ZDi ? Will it make any difference in handling/ride quality or performance?

Edit - Just noticed SnF's response after submitting my post.

Last edited by bala80 : 15th August 2011 at 21:29.
Old 15th August 2011, 21:35   #723

Thanks Bala and snf. I guess will stick with stock ones. Not sure whether maruti itself will offer option to upgrade to 16 inch. (ofcourse with additional cost). I guess these details will get clear on 17th.
Old 15th August 2011, 23:12   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
CNB reveiw says the petrol 1.2 VVT lacks the 6th gear as far as i can remember. It has a 5 speed manual gearbox not a 6 speed.
That exactly is what I also said. Kindly read my post again.

Last edited by rajeev k : 15th August 2011 at 23:13.
Old 15th August 2011, 23:39   #725
Senior - BHPian

Today en route to Vashi Sector-17, spotted the new Swift ZXi ABS 2011. The car looked great in the Shadow Blue color. The car was already registered with HR26. Couldn't get the interior pictures as the driver of the Swift went straight and I had to go take a right turn. There was even a Toyota Liva and the new upgraded TATA Indica Vista. Enjoy the pictures.
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift-e.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift-e2.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift-e3.jpg
el lobo 6061 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 10:16   #726
BHPian

Quote:

You might be better off going for wider rubber instead of up sizing to 16". 195/R15 and 205/R15 are easily available and known to work well on the Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is the new Swift launching on Aug 17? I guess I read the launch is on Aug 15, but have not seen anything in that respect.
Maruti hitches on to Facebook for new Swift debut | mydigitalfc.com

Now there are reports of an online launch on 17th followed by company's announcement & pricing on 18th. This is the first online launch for a Maruti vehicle. Demo cars will be available from 19th as per one of my friends who has some contacts at MSIL.
Old 16th August 2011, 11:35   #727

What a waste, the internet launch is just a gimmick. We know about the features, we all want to know the price. And that they are going to release one day later on 18th. I hope its not due to the new Honda Jazz launch planned on 18th
Old 16th August 2011, 13:26   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Today en route to Vashi Sector-17, spotted the new Swift ZXi ABS 2011. The car looked great in the Shadow Blue color. The car was already registered with HR26.
Nice! Blue color looks really nice on this sporty hatch. I figure most of the bright colors will look absolutely fine on this car.

But why is the number plate grayed out?
Old 16th August 2011, 15:28   #729
Senior - BHPian

just 1 day before the launch...where is the excitement?
Any news on the pricing?

GTO,
when can we get your review?
Old 16th August 2011, 15:38   #730
BHPian

From the Pics the gap between the wheel and wheel arches seems to be huge. I am sure that it can accommodate a 16" wheel.
Old 16th August 2011, 16:09   #731
BANNED

The launch (digital or otherwise) seems to be slated for 12 tomorrow. The relevant screen shot from swift website attached. 20 more hours to go. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-copy.jpg  

Old 16th August 2011, 16:15   #732
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the launch. If it comes with a killer pricing, it'll be an instant hit and will have a consistent sales chart. VVT seems to be a great upgrade for petrol lovers Increase in low-end torque will definitely make it more appealing.
Old 16th August 2011, 16:17   #733
BANNED

The timer on the swift site is purely indicative. In all the excitement took it at the face value. Now I have discovered that whenever you refresh the site the countdown invariably starts at 20:51:28. What does it mean?
Old 16th August 2011, 16:21   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
But why is the number plate grayed out?
While editing the pictures the gray color came close than white. So used grey color, but the number plates were white. OT.
The rear of the car looked great, it seems some magazine was having a shootout, as it seems strange spotting Swift, Liva and India refreshed at the same place one behind the other.
Old 16th August 2011, 16:44   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Eagerly waiting for the launch. If it comes with a killer pricing, it'll be an instant hit and will have a consistent sales chart. VVT seems to be a great upgrade for petrol lovers Increase in low-end torque will definitely make it more appealing.
The increase is hardly significant. The peak torque is just 1 N-m more than the earlier motor although at 500 rpm less. I will not be surprised if the low end torque is identical to the earlier car. I wonder if the VVT will help at low speeds. The T-BHP review should make things clear.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks