Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 14:13   #811
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Having booked a swift in may,even I am now thinking about the i20 crdi.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:15   #812
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

OMG! Just checked the feature list on the Maruti Swift website and it says that VXI/VDI also get:

- Driver and Passenger Airbags
- ABS with EBD

Good move by Maruti!

Also, seems like my pricing predictions were pretty much the same as what Maruti quote!

Last edited by anekho : 17th August 2011 at 14:16.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:19   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
OMG! Just checked the feature list on the Maruti Swift website and it says that VXI/VDI also get:

- ABS with EBD

Good move by Maruti!
Sorry to spoil your party but its a typo IMO.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:19   #814
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

- ABS with EBD

Good move by Maruti!
Don't think so. I am guessing it will be corrected soon - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2470543
Old 17th August 2011, 14:23   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
It seems MSIL was in quite a hurry to launch the website. Its filled with errors:

Attachment 594420

And the features they have listed are quite funny.
MSIL has understood the aam aadmi better. Prospective buyers will count the number of features first & would do a comparo against other brands.

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 17th August 2011 at 14:25.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:27   #816
BHPian

Quote:

- ABS with EBD

Good move by Maruti!

Also, seems like my pricing predictions were pretty much the same as what Maruti quote!
The website is correct as of now and ABS and Airbags are not there on the VXi/ VDi versions.
Attached Images

ra'ul M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 14:27   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

Even at this price, I dont think Swift still has a replacement. If you want a peppy driver's car, its still Swift ! And yeah, the ZDi price is a bummer, people might opt for the VDi version rather. Also I guess they might take off couple of features if the sales come down and keep the prices intact. At least that's what they did to Dzire initially by removing the key-less entry and some other features. ABS 7 Airbags are NOT offered in the V trims yet, ABS option might come in later.

Edit:: They have a good list of accessories listed in the website. Some of them are cool. But nowhere mentions of a 16" option for alloy wheels. So who get the ANSS [All New Suzuki Swift] in the forum ! Waiting for the ownership reviews.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th August 2011 at 14:32.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:27   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
The correction has already been made on the MSIL website. there is no ABS/airbags on the L or V variants. Only on the top end Z versions.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:28   #819
Senior - BHPian

My friend decided to cancel his Swift booking, I asked him to wait till Honda announce Jazz price! otherwise he will be left with no option.

Question to the mod: When is the official review coming? :-)

Last edited by Latheesh : 17th August 2011 at 14:39.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:28   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Quote:
Don't think so. I am guessing it will be corrected soon - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2470543
:( Was really impressed for a second!

Guys, Maruti have also launched whole range of accessories for the swift - check out the accessory brochure:

On the high bandwith site under 'Buy Swift' check out the accessories brochure!

Edit: @Raul thanks for confirming.

Last edited by anekho : 17th August 2011 at 14:32.
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 14:29   #821
BHPian

Quote:

- ABS with EBD

Good move by Maruti!

Sorry to spoil your party. But the brochure on the same site does not seem to include them.

http://www.marutiswift.com/lowbandsi...20brochure.zip

Edit: Ok, I am late in replying. The brochure link is an useful addition though.

Last edited by pnredkar : 17th August 2011 at 14:31. Reason: Duplicate replies
Old 17th August 2011, 14:29   #822
BHPian

Feature list seems to hit a lot of errors. Being optimistic, if VXi/VDi comes with ABS and airbags then the price of 5.6L seems to be a steal. But I think that'd remain just a sweet dream Drove around an i20 CRDi for some 100 km last week. Its fun for sure, but not as fun as driving a Swift. IMO if the refinement levels and the rattles have been taken care, ZDi seems to be a good package. Price seems to be at least a 20k higher. Plus the fact that this is an introductory price !!! Now waiting to make a test drive.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:34   #823
BHPian

Quote:
It seems MSIL was in quite a hurry to launch the website. Its filled with errors:

Attachment 594420

And the features they have listed are quite funny.
Yeah true: Look at the Steering type. This one confused me for a moment.
They could have taken few more minutes to update the right information.
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift.jpg  

Jaizcrzy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 14:40   #824
Senior - BHPian

I was checking the low bandwidth site and there its mentioned that VXi and VDi doesn't come with ABS and Airbags.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:44   #825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My friend decided to cancel his Swift booking
Which variant did he book? It will be funny if they get 10,000 cancellations in a week out of the 50K back log. Will force them to change something or the other in the car, may be cut the prices down or include more features for the same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Feature list seems to hit a lot of errors. Being optimistic, if VXi/VDi comes with ABS and airbags then the price of 5.6L seems to be a steal.
To add more light, the old Swift VDi ABS was going for 5.6L ex showroom. So even if they introduce ABS to the VDi, expect another 20K increase on it. But I would not mind since I would buy a car ONLY with ABS at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I was checking the low bandwidth site and there its mentioned that VXi and VDi doesn't come with ABS and Airbags.
+1. Even I was looking at the low bandwidth site. Are the contents different in both the versions ?

Edit:: Not seeing much of an interest in the posts after launch!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th August 2011 at 14:47.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks