Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 14:48   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

I am not sure if i missed bu went through the brochure twice. I don't find a mention of Airbags on the new Swift. Is this a miss on the write-up as its just launched or really the Airbags have been removed as a cost cutting measure to make it cheaper in comparison to the competitors?

If yes i believe that's a serious safety feature missing.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:48   #827
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Chennai Onroad Prices-Carwale

Seems like Carwale has updated even before Maruti has update in there site.

On-Road Price Quote #18851157

Swift ZDI

Ex-Showroom Chennai 6,38,000 (A) RTO 68,800 (B) Insurance 23,344 (C)

On Road Price 7,30,144 (E=A+B+C-D)

Last edited by ashok_lat : 17th August 2011 at 14:51.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:48   #828
Senior - BHPian

Somehow at 7.6l OTR in bangalore i'm confused if i should cancel or go ahead with my booking fro ZDI. At that price the comparisons with other options (though mid or lower variants) of i20 and Polo start to arise.
With the swift i get ok features and a fun to drive car. i20 has its plus with interiors and a powerful engine. Polo ONLY with the 1.5 makes a case, else no considering it for sure.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:49   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
It will be funny if they get 10,000 cancellations in a week out of the 50K back log. Will force them to change something or the other in the car, may be cut the prices down or include more features for the same price.
IMO, the number of ZDI bookings would not be much and for the other variants the prices are more or less as expected. So I doubt on the cancellation part!

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th August 2011 at 15:09.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:53   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

Shameful and rather unforgivable making those kind of mistakes on your launch website. Am sure the marketing team had this information a long time ago. Indian carmakers continue to underestimate how sophisticated consumers are these days, with most of our research being conducted online.

I didn't find the prices that shocking at all. A fully loaded diesel Swift at 7.5 lac sounds like a good value proposition to me (a Vento TDI highline costs about 10.5 on the road in Pune). Half tempted to trade in my 2006 Vxi for one of these!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 14:53   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post

Swift ZDI

What is the D component here? Ex-showroom ZDi price in Chennai is 648,384.

This link shows ex-showroom prices in various cities.
Price
Old 17th August 2011, 14:54   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post

Swift ZDI

ashok, I don't think that Chennai Ex-showroom for ZDI will be 6.38L. It will be higher than that because of the higher VAT in Tamilnadu. Carwale may be wrong.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:54   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Edit:: Not seeing much of an interest in the posts after launch!
Because others are at dealerships booking or TDing the new Swift
Old 17th August 2011, 14:56   #834
Distinguished - BHPian

Now after the Swift price list, it looks like New Dzire(<4M) will be either equal to or more than the current Dzire despite the reduction in the length of the car.

Initially new Dzire was expected to be cheaper by 40K when compared to the current one. Any news on whether both the models will be continued?
Old 17th August 2011, 14:58   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
What is the D component here? Ex-showroom ZDi price in Chennai is 648,384.

This link shows ex-showroom prices in various cities.
Price

I guess D Component is for discount.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:59   #836
BANNED

Petrol model prices are OK, but Diesel prices are way more than what is expected!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th August 2011 at 15:01.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:00   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which variant did he book? It will be funny if they get 10,000 cancellations in a week out of the 50K back log.
Booked ZXi, it comes for around 6.6 OTR BLR. I feel top end is equipped for the price. From the day he heard price reduction of Jazz he was confused and he is ready to stretch budget and go for the Jazz. According to me Swift suit him the best as he drive frequently to Kannur and roads are not great on this route. I have been asking him to go for diesel option, he just won't listen.

I asked him to wait till TBHP review to take final decision. If Honda bring some surprises tomorrow, he will cancel without thinking much.

What is Maruti doing with website, I thought in new Swift their major effort was required in website :-)

Last edited by Latheesh : 17th August 2011 at 15:02.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:01   #838
naj
BHPian

Hi!

Just read that the new Swift has been launched and the Introductory prices for the new Swift (ex showroom New Delhi) are :-

LXi Petrol: Rs. 4.22 lakhs
VXi Petrol: Rs. 4.76 lakhs
ZXi Petrol: Rs. 5.53 lakhs
LDi Diesel: Rs. 5.17 lakhs
VDi Diesel: Rs. 5.61 lakhs
ZDi Diesel: Rs. 6.38 lakhs

Source - Home page of yahoo mail news.

With the above pricing the ZDi diesel variant should be approximately close to 7.1 L in Pune. Buying the I20 crdi makes more sense now.

Cheers,
naj

Last edited by naj : 17th August 2011 at 15:03.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:05   #839
Senior - BHPian

I think some of the responses on this thread to the pricing represents the problem Maruti might face: "I'm spending 7L+ for a hatch, so why should I spend it on a Maruti"?

It would be interesting to know the reaction of someone who had booked old Swift Vdi+ABS. Now that there's no ABS in VDi, would he be willing to purchase the new VDi, or upgrade to ZDi or cancel the booking and go for some other car?
Old 17th August 2011, 15:06   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Because others are at dealerships booking or TDing the new Swift
Or running around for arranging finance. I know a friend who is doing just that right now.

I am looking for a TD & the Official Test Drive Report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Now after the Swift price list, it looks like New Dzire(<4M) will be either equal to or more than the current Dzire despite the reduction in the length of the car.

Initially new Dzire was expected to be cheaper by 40K when compared to the current one. Any news on whether both the models will be continued?
The new Swift is 3850mm. I guess the Dzire based on this platform will be a Notchback. Expect the prices to overlap. I feel the Indian market is more mature now to understand this concept.

Last edited by deetjohn : 17th August 2011 at 15:13.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed