Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 19:31   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Any info on the boot space for Swift?
Is it more or less than the outgoing model?

IMO, they should have given a bigger boot given that split seats are not available. Actually, all hatchbacks should have split seats as option even if the boot is decently sized - adds a lot of flexibility
Old 17th August 2011, 19:42   #872
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

IMO, they should have given a bigger boot given that split seats are not available. Actually, all hatchbacks should have split seats as option even if the boot is decently sized - adds a lot of flexibility
Anyone can correct me if i'm wrong here [as I haven't gone back to check anywhere], but if I remember right, the outgoing swift model had 230 litres of bootspace.

By looking at the pictures [only], either it remains unchanged, or has reduced. I can say with some amount of certainity, that it hasn't increased. If the boot space was at least 300 litres, I would have strongly considered the Zdi. I don't know if at over 7.4L OTR B'lore, it's worth the money but surely the refreshed car looks better than the outgoing model; the interiors specially are better to look at. I only hope the plastics quality has improved, overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
What all information does the MID display?

Well. Though I did go through the post few pages, I couldn't find any answer to my query. Thanks anticipation.
Well, you can expect the regular features like distance to empty, instantaneous fuel consumption, historical fuel consumption, historical average speed clocked over time, current outside temperature, etc.. Someone please correct if these are wrong/not available on swift. IMO, these are what most cars with MID have..

aK

Last edited by k_ajay : 17th August 2011 at 19:52. Reason: Adding of another post's response.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 19:42   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha
MID carries lots of information.

Well. Though I did go through the post few pages, I couldn't find any answer to my query. Thanks anticipation.
Old 17th August 2011, 19:56   #874
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

Screen shot from swift website attached. Hope it answers you.
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-.jpg  

anandjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 20:36   #875
BHPian

The new swift website has a very cool game when you click low band site. You control a football by driving the car left and right. I thought this to be very neat!
Here's the link: Welcome to Maruti Swift
Old 17th August 2011, 20:41   #876
Senior - BHPian

Yes, k_ajay is correct, the boot space has reduced in the new swift to 215 litres, It was 230 earlier.

That coupled with a high loading sill, makes loading more difficult. Though the new one has improved on every aspect of the old swift (atleast on paper), this is one area where it has actually gone down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Anyone can correct me if i'm wrong here [as I haven't gone back to check anywhere], but if I remember right, the outgoing swift model had 230 litres of bootspace.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 20:45   #877
Senior - BHPian

Goodies are on expected levels and the overall package is altogether a lot better than the out gone model. We could see a lot of activity with Hyundai, Honda, VW and Ford pretty soon.
Fan following for the NS would be on the rise.
The count down to GTO's review is on.
Old 17th August 2011, 21:02   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Yes, k_ajay is correct, the boot space has reduced in the new swift to 215 litres, It was 230 earlier.

That coupled with a high loading sill, makes loading more difficult. Though the new one has improved on every aspect of the old swift (atleast on paper), this is one area where it has actually gone down.
The length of the new car is 3850 mm. They could have always increased the length to something just under 4 m and gained a bit more on the boot space. A 60:40 or 70:30 split rear seat can always be added in future upgrades but boot space cannot be changed unless the car design is upgraded which means not for atleast another 5 years.

Reduction in boot space is one aspect that is now a bit of a bummer in the new Swift.

Team BHP's review of the new Swift is now the most awaited thing. Hopefully, we are only few days away from it.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 17th August 2011 at 21:03.
Old 17th August 2011, 22:22   #879
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics from the launch earlier today, courtesy IAB -

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-6.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-8.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-7.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-15.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-12.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-16.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-13.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-14.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-9.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-11.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-10.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-18.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-17.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-marutisuzukiswiftlaunch29.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-marutisuzukiswiftlaunch33.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-2.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-1.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-4.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-3.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-maruti-suzuki-swift-pictures-5.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-marutisuzukiswiftlaunch26.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 22:40   #880
BANNED

Boot space is concern especially since this is positioned as a premium hatchback and this might be the only car some families have.
Old 17th August 2011, 22:47   #881
BHPian

OMG!!! Where is the boot in this car? More swift doesnt have more boot space? Think the strategy is to make this car drive only in the city and not to take them off to the highway.
Old 17th August 2011, 22:51   #882
Senior - BHPian

Boot indeed looks tiny in that pic - maybe it's the angle. Boot space is definitely less than the closest competitors (i20/Polo/Punto/Fabia/Figo).

I guess when the Ritz was launched, Team-BHP was among the first to be invited by Maruti for a TD. Why the delay this time around - is Maruti scared of an unbiased review?
Old 17th August 2011, 22:58   #883
BHPian

The 2 biggest shortcomings of the outgoing model were the Boot Space and the Claustrophobic interiors... Looks like nothing has changed. Infact, the boot in the newer model is surprisingly - useless!

Thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 17th August 2011, 22:59   #884
Senior - BHPian

Yes guys boot space is one of the weakest point of this new Swift, as per Autocarindia the boot space is just 204 litrs , this is not acceptable for a car positioned as a premium hatchback.

Read the full review on 2011 Suzuki Swift Review

Last edited by tj123 : 17th August 2011 at 23:01. Reason: typo
Old 17th August 2011, 23:08   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Boot indeed looks tiny in that pic - maybe it's the angle. Boot space is definitely less than the closest competitors (i20/Polo/Punto/Fabia/Figo).

I guess when the Ritz was launched, Team-BHP was among the first to be invited by Maruti for a TD. Why the delay this time around - is Maruti scared of an unbiased review?
Quality review takes time! In the end wait will be worth it

The boot space is very poor indeed at about 200 Ltrs. That combined with the claustrophobic and dark back seat and highly premium price for the ZDi variant may be deal breaker for many. It may still do very well due the the "M" label.

The ZDi is too high a price for a Maruti hatch - hope Maruti and others will not take its lack of numbers to justify the bare-bone diesels that most manufacturers offer.

Last edited by SunilM : 17th August 2011 at 23:10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks