Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 08:31   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Despite that, the sales of new WagonR is increased when compared to the old one!

BTW, there are a lot of similarities between the WR upgrade and Swift upgrade:
The crucial difference though is that the new WagonR was positioned in exactly the same way as the one it replaced - prices did not go up by ~30K.

Maruti is trying to make more profits by positioning Swift as a premium hatchback. They might well succeed in doing so, even if new Swift sells in less numbers than the old.
Old 18th August 2011, 08:43   #902
Team-BHP Support

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

They did the launch and told us all the features alright. When are they starting deliveries? Any information on that?
Old 18th August 2011, 09:01   #903
BHPian

I am eagerly waiting for bangalore prices. If the ZDi crosses the 7.5L mark on road, then I have my doubts.
Old 18th August 2011, 09:04   #904
BHPian

Here is the complete info about the new swift. I was expecting a report over here in teambhp

New Maruti Suzuki Swift launched at Rs 4.22 lakh ex-Delhi
Old 18th August 2011, 10:14   #905
Senior - BHPian

Mods,

Any feelers on the expected date of the TBHP review for the new Swift? Is it that Team BHP was not invited for the first drives of the car? If so, this is really surprising, since TBHP would definitely rank among the top automobile enthusiast communities in India, if not right at the top, and good business sense demands that such a flourishing community be given test drive opportunities by MSIL at the earliest possible moment. If not for anything else, then for the number of members who are waiting to plonk down cash for the car once the comprehensive TBHP review comes out.

For instance, I have read everything substantial there is to read on the new Swift available on the internet, and pretty much know the features by heart now. In fact, I have been waiting for this car to be launched, and to book mine, for the last 2 years! However, such is the quality and importance of the TBHP review, that I have not even paid the booking amount (inspite of the huge waiting periods) before I read the TBHP review throughly. Even though, I am 99% sure that I will book the car- however, something stops me before I read the review.

Mods - pretty please, give us the review soonly. The suspense (whatever is left of it) is getting way too much to bear

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 18th August 2011 at 10:16.
Old 18th August 2011, 10:19   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
Does anyone have interior photos of vdi/vxi. Just want to know how the manual a/c and dash without the stereo look.
That is a good question. Till date, all we have seen are pictures of the top end variants. Has anyone seen the lower variants in the flesh? Do the interiors look better than the previous gen? Logically they should, but I am not sure how good they would look without the audio/ACC centre console.
Old 18th August 2011, 10:23   #907
Senior - BHPian

DWSAuto's Video review seems to be up here

Hope TBHP's comes up pretty soon.

Edit: And the Autocar's one here

Last edited by parsh : 18th August 2011 at 10:27.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 10:24   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
That is a good question. Till date, all we have seen are pictures of the top end variants. Has anyone seen the lower variants in the flesh? Do the interiors look better than the previous gen? Logically they should, but I am not sure how good they would look without the audio/ACC centre console.
Guess that will happen only after ppl start walking in to the dealerships, take pics and upload them here or elsewhere.
Till then we have to stick with ZXI/ZDI pics.
Old 18th August 2011, 10:35   #909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
No review yet on Team-BHP - it surely means that Team-BHP wasn't among the first to be invited for a TD.
Probably Maruti is not easy with t-bhp reviews calling a spade, a spade! Remember, t-bhp was not invited for Kizashi TD as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Many customers will buy the LDI version if the tachometer is fitted on that car. The sales of the VDI and VXI will drop where MSIL has higher margins.
Am sorry, but am yet to come across a person who bought another variant or product because of the absence of tachometer in L variants ! Its a "nice to have" feature, nothing more than that.

Quote:
Clearly, Maruti wants to promote the Petrol variants over Diesel buy raising the price of the Diesel variants way higher than Petrol variants. It may back-fire them, though.
I will look at this in another way, diesel makes more sales to Swift & they can make more profits with higher pricing. Even with this pricing, I see a 80-20 ratio for Swift diesel-petrol sales.

Quote:
(The current DZire with that big 450Ltrs of boot space will be a history soon.)
History ?? Please note that current Swift Dzire WILL continue to sell along side the new Dzire CS when it comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
6,48l E-SR will probably come to 7.2-7.3l which i think is 50k more than the i20 top end which comes to 6.82l when i test drove last week. not sure.
Are you sure of the i20 diesel models having prices higher than Swift ZDi ?I found from the website that the below two i20 variants still have a price tag higher than Swift ZDi [ex showroom].

i20 1.4L Sportz
i20 1.4 Asta

Quote:
The crucial difference though is that the new WagonR was positioned in exactly the same way as the one it replaced - prices did not go up by ~30K.
+ addition of features. We had the previous Wagon R & have the current Wagon R, both LXi. The current one has front power windows while the older one didnt have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Edit: And the Autocar's one here
Actually the Autocar review pasted here is NOT the India spec Swift. The India spec review has been uploaded around 6-8 pages previously & the review was done by Renuka.

Here it is !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2466715

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 18th August 2011 at 10:47.
Old 18th August 2011, 10:39   #910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, New Dzire will have a boot space just around 300 Ltrs. (The current DZire with that big 450Ltrs of boot space will be a history soon.) If Swift also offer a boot space of around 300 Ltrs, then the USP of New DZire will be gone! That may be the reason why Swift comes with reduced boot space.
New Dzire with less than 300 Ltrs boot space, then I think people who are looking for entry level sedan with good boot space might prefer Etios/Manza.

Hope both the Dzires Co-exists wich will give customers some options to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Too bad that Maruti chose to omit split seats in the new Swift. It was needed across all variants.
Yes, split seats in Swift would have helped to a certain extent
Old 18th August 2011, 11:05   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Actually the Autocar review pasted here is NOT the India spec Swift. The India spec review has been uploaded around 6-8 pages previously & the review was done by Renuka.

Here it is !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2466715
Right. Thats why thought of sharing the other review by Sorabjee here (unless it is already in the thread earlier and I may have missed) which also brought out finer points, although it is not an Indian version.
Old 18th August 2011, 11:27   #912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
History ?? Please note that current Swift Dzire WILL continue to sell along side the new Dzire CS when it comes.

+ addition of features. We had the previous Wagon R & have the current Wagon R, both LXi. The current one has front power windows while the older one didnt have it.
But new WagonR was also downgraded to 998cc engine with 3 cylinders. Previous one was around 1100cc with 4 cylinders.

swiftnfurious, is it a confirmed news that both new Dzire and the old one will co-exist. If so, that's great.
Old 18th August 2011, 11:57   #913
BHPian

New Swift Prices (Ex-Showroom Delhi)

LXi Petrol: Rs. 4.22 lakhs
VXi Petrol: Rs. 4.76 lakhs
ZXi Petrol: Rs. 5.53 lakhs
LDi Diesel: Rs. 5.17 lakhs
VDi Diesel: Rs. 5.61 lakhs
ZDi Diesel: Rs. 6.38 lakhs

Last edited by ff1609 : 18th August 2011 at 11:58. Reason: Format
Old 18th August 2011, 12:13   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey
Does anyone have interior photos of vdi/vxi. Just want to know how the manual a/c and dash without the stereo look.
Here are few pictures of the VDi interiors:

Name:  image2873948597.png
Views: 6309
Size:  502.2 KB

Name:  image2131367966.png
Views: 5120
Size:  532.0 KB
fuel_addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 12:31   #915
BHPian

Maruti has done some long overdue segmentation of their offerings viz a viz the market.

Ritz and Swift prices were almost the same, competing with each other, but now:

Ritz becomes their entry level 1liter+ hatch (competing with Figo and Beat)
Swift becomes a premium hatch (competing with Polo, i20, Fabia, Liva etc.)

Dzire top variant prices were somewhat close to entry SX4, with a low priced Dzire CS, they widen the gap and make the entry level sedan more affordable while clearly defining segments. This was all the more important with the introduction of SX4 diesel.

Swift is particularly interesting because from being their entry level diesel hatch, it has been bumped into the next segment to compete against cars which were considered by many to be of a higher segment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks