Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 15:59   #931
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Are any of the initial bookers of the new Swift planning to cancel now that Jazz has come with these awesome prices?Cheers
Effect of Jazz would be known only in the monthly sales figures ,in the case of Swift may be from the early 2012 sales figures.
The JAZZ sales figures would be know from Sept 2011 onwards. IMO looks like the i20 sales would be hit because of the Jazz's superb pricing!

Cheers!
Old 18th August 2011, 16:01   #932
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Sorry, but what is that?
This feature was there in the old ZXi too. It does not have a boot release lever under the driver's seat. The boot can be opened (without key) by pressing a small switch that is provided near the boot opening. There is no key hole provided for the boot. Once you unlock the car, the boot is also unlocked. (Original post by Fuel_Addict )

PN:The back door of the SWIFT has an electro magnetic door opener with a delay. Trying to push shut the door without a time interval will not shut the door properly and can spoil the lock. Please wait at least 5 seconds before the second attempt to close the door.
webblescott is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 16:03   #933
BHPian

yea but 7.8lacs for Swift ZDi in Bangalore :o thats outrageous!
Old 18th August 2011, 16:05   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Effect of Jazz would be known only in the monthly sales figures ,in the case of Swift may be from the early 2012 sales figures.
The JAZZ sales figures would be know from Sept 2011 onwards. IMO looks like the i20 sales would be hit because of the Jazz's superb pricing!

Cheers!
Yup i20 is total sitting duck now save for the diesel. We will have a better picture in September monthly sales.

I am sure all the Swift petrol bookers too would be having second thoughts. Jazz any day kicks butt of the Swift and now more so with the pricing.

Cheers
Old 18th August 2011, 16:08   #935
BHPian

The new Swift still lacks the upmarket feel and fit that I10/20 has. But then....just because Hyundai offers upmarket feel does not mean Suzuki has to offer the same.

This is because Hyundai wants to become a premium car manufacturer, Suzuki just wants to manufacture small cars.
Old 18th August 2011, 16:22   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post

PN:The back door of the SWIFT has an electro magnetic door opener with a delay. Trying to push shut the door without a time interval will not shut the door properly and can spoil the lock. Please wait at least 5 seconds before the second attempt to close the door.
That is a valid point you make. I recently had to change the boot sensor in my ZXi which had malfunctioned and boot had got jammed. Over the past 5 years, I have on several occasions tried closing the boot multiple times (whenever the first attempt to close would fail) without waiting for some time.
Old 18th August 2011, 16:31   #937
BHPian

Booked a white ldi today. Waiting period as per SE 3-4 months.
A premium of 15000Rs is on demand for delivery within 10 days.
Test Drive vehicle was present but they didn't provide any test drive.
Old 18th August 2011, 16:35   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
IMO looks like the i20 sales would be hit because of the Jazz's superb pricing!

Cheers!

I agree. Honda has priced the new Jazz perfectly in its second innings. About time some good competitor came up against the i20. I really wish the i20's sales take a hit because of the new Jazz and it forces Hyundai to work on i20's major fault - the steering & A/c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Isn't that black marketing? I mean how can they divert cars that are meant for others who are on the waiting list to others who are willing to pay more than the actual cost of the car?

Last edited by skanchan95 : 18th August 2011 at 16:47. Reason: quoting other post
Old 18th August 2011, 16:36   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Booked a white ldi today. Waiting period as per SE 3-4 months.
Test Drive vehicle was present but they didn't provide any test drive.
This is outrageous . how can they demand a premium of 15 K and promise a delivery in 10 days flat when others are waiting for 3-4 months. this should be reported to MSIL and strict action be taken against the dealer. black marketing has started IMO .
.sushilkumar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 16:38   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
+1 On hearing this price tag one of my friend has cancelled his booking today lost Rs 2.5k in the process at Pratham Motors.
Old 18th August 2011, 16:47   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
+1 On hearing this price tag one of my friend has cancelled his booking today lost Rs 2.5k in the process at Pratham Motors.
How did he lose 2.5 lacs in the process?

Edit: Sorry didn't notice its 2.5k

Last edited by ff1609 : 18th August 2011 at 16:59. Reason: Misread
Old 18th August 2011, 16:49   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
This is outrageous . how can they demand a premium of 15 K and promise a delivery in 10 days flat when others are waiting for 3-4 months. this should be reported to MSIL and strict action be taken against the dealer. black marketing has started IMO .
Yeah this used to happen with the previous Swift too. I went to a dealer & he offered the same route & I said no, same day I happened to go to another branch of the same dealer and they had the very same variant and color that I wanted, bought it the same day - no premium paid. (This happened when buying a Dzire back in 2008)
Old 18th August 2011, 16:50   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
How did he lose 2.5 lacs in the process?
Rs2.5K mean Rs2500
Old 18th August 2011, 16:57   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
The new Swift still lacks the upmarket feel and fit that I10/20 has. But then....just because Hyundai offers upmarket feel does not mean Suzuki has to offer the same.

This is because Hyundai wants to become a premium car manufacturer, Suzuki just wants to manufacture small cars.
'Upmarket fit & feel' is a very subjective thing, I personally do not like the fake wood like apperance Hyundai tries to put into all its cars or the plastic beige interiors. I think beige is good only when its leather, not plastic. IMHO its just cheap thrills.

I dont think they want to remain a small car maker or they wouldn't be trying to sell Kizashi. Though I really doubt if they'd be able to shed that small car maker image, I personally wouldn't pay 20lacs for a Maruti unless it offered me what a Toyota or Honda offers for 30+lacs.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:04   #945
Senior - BHPian

On-road prices in bangalore for the models i enquired are are:

VDI:6,81,247
ZDI: 7,77,845

A premium of 97k for the ZDI,over the VDI definitely isn't worth paying for! If only Maruti offers ABS option on the VDI
Closed Thread

Most Viewed