Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 17:06   #946
BANNED

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
This feature was there in the old ZXi too. It does not have a boot release lever under the driver's seat. The boot can be opened (without key) by pressing a small switch that is provided near the boot opening. There is no key hole provided for the boot. Once you unlock the car, the boot is also unlocked. (Original post by Fuel_Addict )
Then how do you open the boot without leaving the driver seat. I mean at Malls etc. when security asks you to open the boot for check ups.

Great pricing by Honda of Jazz. Wish I was in the market for petrol Swift. I would have definitely opted out of it.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:13   #947
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Rs2.5K mean Rs2500
Now, that is news. I was told by the dealer (in July) that one stands to lose only Rs 250 in case of a cancellation.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:15   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Then how do you open the boot without leaving the driver seat. I mean at Malls etc. when security asks you to open the boot for check ups.
Just unlock the car using the button on the driver's side door and the boot can be opened by the security by pressing the switch under the boot.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:15   #949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

A premium of 97k for the ZDI,over the VDI definitely isn't worth paying for! If only Maruti offers ABS option on the VDI
Well, I am also very confused about it. So, did a bit of calculation about what we are getting extra in ZDI and lets try to put a value to it:

3000 Height-adjustable driver seat
7000 rear wiper washer and defogger
20000 Dual Airbags
20000 ABS with EBD
20000 Integrated Audio system with Steering wheel controls & 6 speakers
10000 Climate Control
25000 15 inch alloys + Wider Tyres

TOTAL = Rs.1,05,000/-

May be 5-7k here or there. Even then I guess we are getting extras worth 1L. Someone correct the above figures if needed.

How does this feel now?

This is also correct that given an option, we would like to skip few extras like alloys, which can always be added later and better looking than these OEM alloys.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 18th August 2011 at 17:17.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:16   #950
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
The new Swift still lacks the upmarket feel and fit that I10/20 has. But then....just because Hyundai offers upmarket feel does not mean Suzuki has to offer the same.

This is because Hyundai wants to become a premium car manufacturer, Suzuki just wants to manufacture small cars.
It's just a 'feel' that i10 and i20 are upmarket by steep pricing and some beige nonsense in their cars. What if the car has highway ride quality issues (i10, Fluidic Verna) and steering, A/C, power issues (i20) and just has the upmarket feel? IMO, the basics needs to be right first, then only the other things come. Swift has the basics right, while i10 / i20 don't have.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:20   #951
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Just unlock the car using the button on the driver's side door and the boot can be opened by the security by pressing the switch under the boot.
Thanks. But the post I had quoted also mentions "It does not have a boot release lever under the driver's seat." So it means that the lever has been converted to switch and shifted on the driver's side door.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:22   #952
Distinguished - BHPian

Opinions passing off as "fact" here (Swift lacks upmarket feel of the i20 etc.) The Swift is a fantastic car and the next generation promises to be even better, at what seems to be a reasonable price.

Predicting the Swift's doom is bad enough but suggesting that it will be dethroned by the Honda Jazz is even more laughable! Honda lost it chance by overpricing the Jazz on entry. Though it may gain some market share points, no way will it come close to notching up the numbers the Swift effortless achieves month after month. Brand equity counts for something!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 17:23   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Thanks. But the post I had quoted also mentions "It does not have a boot release lever under the driver's seat." So it means that the lever has been converted to switch and shifted on the driver's side door.
The switch is part of the central locking system and covers 4 doors + hatch door. Its basically a door lock/unlock switch. You don't need a lever to open the boot.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:27   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
IMO, the basics needs to be right first, then only the other things come. Swift has the basics right, while i10 / i20 don't have.
I completely agree. Though it is true that the i20 supposedly comes with much better plastics, and decent quality in the cabin, for me as a driving enthusiast, what matters most by far is the heart of the matter- the engine, dynamics, steering feel, gearshift quality and the revv happy nature of the engine. Once these are in place, only then will I look at other features offered, which in my opinion are only secondary to the basic structure of the car.

In that respect, the Swift has always been a sweet engine-handling combination, coupled with 2 fantastic engines.And this time arround, Maruti has tried hard to up the quality of interiors. Its a winning combination alright.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:37   #955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

How does this feel now?
Mukesh! Was doing the exact same calculation after i finished posting. Few differences between yours and mine are :

ICE: I think it would be 15k, 4 cone speakers at best, plus 2 tweeters and an average HU. Though i'd reserve my comments till i listen to the set-up, i feel 15k is what it would be worth at max.

Alloys & tyres: 15k ? Alloys for our Octavia costed me 20k when i bought it from Dubai so Maruti alloys costing the same i've my doubts.(feel free to correct me if i'm wrong)

So in all about 80k over the VDI feels worth. I'll be paying 97k which is slightly more.

What does the forum think ? Is a 1 lakh premium over the Ford Figo titanium justified for the Swift ?
Old 18th August 2011, 17:41   #956
BHPian

IMO, Maruti is play too safe game with the New Swift as well with WagonR. Though there is considerable improvments compared to older Swift and WagonR, for an ordinary person the changes will go un-noticed. The safe game may be due to their recent new lunches (Estilo, A-Star and Ritz) was not received very well by market. Maruti is riding on Alto, Swift and WagonR success. Jazz with highly competitive pricing may spoil Swift party to some extent.

Last edited by GTO : 19th August 2011 at 22:17. Reason: Removing FONT Tags. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word softwares. It results in a formatting error.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:44   #957
BHPian

going by the awesome pricing that Honda came up for Jazz, I did a quick comparison between the petrol version of these 2 cars.

While it misses the auto-ac, the Jazz Select has almost all the features of the Swift ZXi and then some...

Waiting for the t-bhp reviews... Me and my cousin both wanted to buy the Swift but things have changed with Honda's pricing.

peace,
~kg
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx ANMS vs ANHJ.xlsx (32.1 KB, 610 views)
kapilvgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 17:47   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Am sorry, but am yet to come across a person who bought another variant or product because of the absence of tachometer in L variants ! Its a "nice to have" feature, nothing more than that.
In the tachometer thread there are so many of us asking if there is a possiblity to tachometer on the L variants.

If this was available, surely the sales of the L variants would have been higher, many people want use this tachometer to shift gears at around 2000-2200RPM.

I know 2 friends who were strict on budget, they moved from Swift LDI to Figo EXI because of few basic things like tacho not available in swift, better build quality on figo etc etc.They wanted a Maruti end of the day but they took a decision from brain rather than heart.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:55   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Now, that is news. I was told by the dealer (in July) that one stands to lose only Rs 250 in case of a cancellation.
Depends on dealer to dealer , Pratham motors have a Rs 2500 cancellation fee as a policy.
Old 18th August 2011, 18:06   #960
BHPian

I feel they got the pricing on the ZDi messed up. Would you really pay 8 lakhs for maruti small car? Even though its much more than what was previously offered, is it a quatum jump justifying 1 lakh premium over the VDi. If the ZDi had come with the 90bhp at this price, its a no brainer.

They are cutting it too close to the i20.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks