Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 11:57   #991
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Just checked out the New Swift top end. The interior quality seems to have improved a lot. But the pricing for the ZDI - 7.4 lacs OTR was a real deal breaker. The i20 CRDI seems like a better buy . The VDI at 6.5 lacs seems like a decent option. Overall a good effort in making minor improvements. But i still feel ZDI should have been priced at 7 lacs OTR tops.
Old 19th August 2011, 11:59   #992
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

MODS: I think the topic and the discussion are not in Sync anymore. The car has already been launched and hence the thread could be closed.

Thank You!

Last edited by Racer_X : 19th August 2011 at 12:00.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:13   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
What is the OTR price in your area?
7.2 Lakh. and it sounds overpriced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Then how do you open the boot without leaving the driver seat. I mean at Malls etc. when security asks you to open the boot for check ups.

Great pricing by Honda of Jazz. Wish I was in the market for petrol Swift. I would have definitely opted out of it.
I hope you got the answer for this from Fuel_addict.

Its very simple, just unlock your door lock. Rest the securities will take care in malls. you dont have to go out and open.

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th August 2011 at 14:29. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:28   #994
Senior - BHPian

Where is the new swift launch preview thread ???
Old 19th August 2011, 12:39   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
My Dear friends, if you got a chance to peek into the actual costs that ae incurred by MUL for adding these features, you would be shocked to find out that these are probably half of your lowest estimates. OEMs bargain very hard with their vendors and provide features which are downgraded as far as possible without compromising on reliability.
Your are right. MUL buys stock tyres for Rs 300 - 400/- which costs around Rs 1,800/- in the open market. This will give you an idea of the OEM costs.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:45   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Just checked out the New Swift top end. The interior quality seems to have improved a lot. But the pricing for the ZDI - 7.4 lacs OTR was a real deal breaker. The i20 CRDI seems like a better buy . The VDI at 6.5 lacs seems like a decent option. Overall a good effort in making minor improvements. But i still feel ZDI should have been priced at 7 lacs OTR tops.
If VDi at 6.5L is well priced, then the ZDi too is considering the additional features you get. Since there was no ZDi variant earlier, there is no reference price to compare. And to make it worse, the V variants don't even have ABS option now.

IMO, the higher tax structure for vehicles above 6L ex-showroom is what makes the ZDi expensive by atleast 15-20K. An OTR of just under 7L would have been psychologically a better perceived price.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 19th August 2011 at 12:46.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:48   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Your are right. MUL buys stock tyres for Rs 300 - 400/- which costs around Rs 1,800/- in the open market. This will give you an idea of the OEM costs.
Absolutely rubbish. No one can buy a tyre in 300-400 Rs whether it is MUL or anybody. People working in Tyre making companies on this forum can support or refute this point.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:18   #998
BHPian

Got price of ZDI variant from Popular Maruti, Chennai.

Ex Showroom - 6,48,384/-
Insurance - 18,504/-
Reg+acc+Ex warranty - 81,074/-
Swift ZDI(Total) - 7,47,962/-

No Discounts what so ever for Diesel cars.
Companies are utilizing the petrol price hike.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:29   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Just got back from Mandovi Motors after a look at the demo car, which has arrived today. These are the observations which I wanted to share:

1. The exterior looks fresh, in spite of all reports saying that its a minor face lift as far as the exterior goes. To an extent that is true, however, especially in the new set of colours, it still looks sporty and appealing.
2. The interior: This, friends, is where the change has actually happened, and trust me on this, the interiors are absolutely awesome. Especially when you compare it to the outgoing Swift (and even more so for me, coming from a dailiy drive of a M800). The ZDi version , which I checked out, is really premium on the inside. However, on a closer look, there are definitely some small parts which are still cheap looking. FOr instance, the steering column behind the actualy steering wheel, one or two cubbby holes on the door pad, the seat adjust lever.
3. Special mention much be made of the steering wheel. A cracker of a steering, fantastic to hold, nice and chunky, and deliciously sporty to feel and look at.
4. Rear seats are definitely better, in terms of space, but not extraordinarily so. With the front seat fully pushed back, seating for a short person for me was manageable. For tall persons, would be a squeeze.
5. Front seats are extremely confortable, and a snug fit, resulting in a driver oriented posture.
6. Boot is pretty small and claustrophopic. Good for 2 medium sized bags.

Overall, a great cabin to be in. and just from sitting in the drivers seat, my intuition told me that the driving experience would be special (this of course is not a comment on the engine, since the test drive vehicles are not yet on the roads here).

Cheers!

P.S. On road price in Bangalore:
ZDi- 7.77 lakhs .
VDi- Rs.6.81
ZXi- Rs.6.78 lakhs
VXi- Rs.5.73
All prices with with 3rd and 4th year extended warranty

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 19th August 2011 at 13:31.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 13:51   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Quite a negative picture you paint for Figo before going ahead and appreciating it.
Agree with you that the Swift is over priced.
IMHO i'm not presenting a negative picture of the FIGO v/s the swift. I've highlighted the facts.

1)FIGO doesnt have rear power windows ( Very Important feature)
2) No USB in the audio player( Gone are the days to carry tons of CD's or MP3's)
3) DDIS or FIAT 1.3 MJD is better than 1.4FORD (Just that 1.4 is a little better below speeds of 30km/hr in the city because of less turbo lag)

I've seen guys at my workplace like everything about the FIGO and end of the day not buying the car because of the above 3 issues.
Old 19th August 2011, 14:03   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I had booked the ZDI thinking it would be around 60 to 70k more than the Figo titanium, but a 1 lakh difference makes me think again.

This car will basically be a second-car at home, and as such wont really hit 1lakh plus kms even if i keep it for 5-7yrs. Its meant for the city,car so very rarely will i have passengers at the rear to make me miss the power windows.

As long as the engine performs well i don't mind the '97 technology. Audio and alloys i can always get it done,and will be able to get better than what Maruti gives me for sure

Eagerly waiting for the Team-bhp review and a TD to decide on whether to hold onto, or cancel my booking.
Okay great, looking at your requirment, without Doubt go for the FIGO LXI, buy the aftermarket headunit and speakers so that you have the USB feature.

1.4Ford Diesel is not bad for your requirement if it is going to be a second car at home
Old 19th August 2011, 14:21   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Okay great, looking at your requirment, without Doubt go for the FIGO LXI
I want ABS & Airbags so not looking at the lower variants. You are right, Figo makes sense for a second car. I'll hold onto my booking till the team-bhp review is out and accordingly decide

PS: Now the Jazz suddenly looks a very good car at the price
Old 19th August 2011, 14:43   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I want ABS & Airbags so not looking at the lower variants. You are right, Figo makes sense for a second car. I'll hold onto my booking till the team-bhp review is out and accordingly decide

PS: Now the Jazz suddenly looks a very good car at the price
Yup Jazz looks too good at 6.45 OTR bangalore. but then Figo 1.4 Fully loaded diesel is a better option considering its a diesel. Just find a way out to add the USB feature in the audio system, FIGO is better than swift for your requirments according to me .

Cheers
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 14:57   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Drove the ZXi & ZDi for some 15mins back to back. A few bits.
  1. The suspension is much much better. The car is very composed over broken patches and much more stable at higher speeds. It doesn't crash into potholes like the old Swift. The ride is much better.
  2. Drove the petrol first. It is very quiet at idle and really free revving. And the engine comes into its own after 4K with a nice snarl. The acceleration is very good at the Top end. I am in love with the K12M VVT.
  3. The ZDi was next. I have been driving the old LDi till about 5 months ago. I found the engine to be not so smooth compared to my old LDi which had done 80K+. Yes, there is lag and the burst after 2K is not so strong. Maybe, because the new car is not so skittish and the cabin is very quiet. And maybe, because I drove that amazing petrol first. To be fair, the Demo car had only 130KM on the Odo. Its a Diesel engine and it can get only better as the miles go by.
  4. The New Swift has presence from the rear i.e. It looks and feels big especially with the tail lights pushed far out. The wiper from the old ZXi made of low quality plastic looks out of place.
  5. The interior looks and feels nice. I love the theme and the new cup holder. The fit and finish of the plastic bits are good. A very nice cabin to be in. Though, too early to tell whether it will rattle. The cabin is very quiet compared to the old car.
  6. Also, the front seats are just great. There is seat belt height adjustment for both driver and passenger and it is very easy to attain the perfect driving position due to the seat height and steering rake adjustment. The front seat hugs you and compared to the it, the rear bench feels very flat and too upright.
  7. The car looks a bit awkward from the side due to the raised height and 15" alloys. The wheel wells look hollow. Maybe I have been looking at the photos and videos of the European Swift for a long time.
  8. The boot is very small and there is a fifth alloy.
  9. The VDi is there on display at Pratham, ORR, BLR. The dash without the climate control and ICE looks really empty.
  10. The Audio is above average with nice thump!
I was so sure that the DDiS will be my choice if I am getting the new Swift. Now though, I am not so sure. I get to save a lakh and have fun too. The Diesel is very fast, no doubt, but it feels strained compared to the petrol. I am going to need a few more longer TDs.

Last edited by deetjohn : 19th August 2011 at 15:24. Reason: Adding some sentences.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 15:17   #1005
Senior - BHPian

I may be in minority here but I find old Swift better looker. It was chunky, butch and looked like it was carved out of a solid block. The new one in comparison looks like they stretched the old Swift. It looks like a distorted version of old Swift ( from side ), the kinda images you see in the "house of fun mirrors" where images appear stretched. Ok, ineterior space and features may be good in newer Swift but the old one looked sportier. Also, the rear hatch looked a lot better in older Swift. The new one looks quirky. I remember having seen a French car with this kinda quirky hatch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks