Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 16:21   #1291
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Waiting period of 28 weeks for ZDi and 46 weeks for VDi is a joke. People buying the Swift as their first car might look elsewhere. Swift is a gem and the new Swift is even better. It doesnt deserve all this.
What are you serious? It may be a good car, but certainly not good enough for someone to wait for it for almost a year !! In my opinion companies should simply suspend bookings once they reach the 3 month mark. People should not be asked to wait for some crazy amount of time.
nik_kapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 20:35   #1292
BHPian

Production halted yet again at Manesar plant. Maruti says, they wont budge even if it means no production.

Reason for strike: Sub standard work by few employees.
Old 29th August 2011, 20:48   #1293
BHPian

I happened to follow a newly delivered Swift yesterday when I was driving down on Nagar road. For starters, had it not been a TBhpian like me or even someone who is a car freak, it is almost not recognizable as a 'New' model.

My friends who were in the car with me actually challenged me when I said this is the new model. The worst bit of the design per me is the Massive rear bumper. Viewed from the rear the bumper is almost half the height of the rear! Looks funny.
Old 30th August 2011, 00:12   #1294
BHPian

Is it possible to add a Sub and an amp to the stock music player in the Z variant without much slicing?
Old 30th August 2011, 09:25   #1295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
By the way, which version did you decide upon- petrol or diesel?
Thinking of ZDi, unless TD comes across as a big disappointment. Couldnt manage a TD yet, as the new test drive cars are not registered in chennai due to some gov delay.

I should thank the following qoute post from arun_josie. Was confused between petrol and diesel versions because my running is less. But then, i love the occassional long drives and a diesel would make it a lot easier on the head and heart. May be a Pete's box one year down the line would make it a whole lot better too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
IMO, at times I feel that we get too much invloved in this calculation of breakeven point and tend to miss the fun part of driving.

I would say, if you love only petrol engine and you decide to go for it, then there is no need to think of the breakeven point. If your heart says petrol and you decide to go for diesel then you are always going to think of the breakeven point, mostly whenever there is a increase/decrease in the petrol/diesel prices and you will keep on calculating thus missing the fun part of driving.

If you like going on long drives, then a diesel engine is the right one for you because petrol will definetley stop you from long drives. As mentioned in one of my earlier post, I love long drives but wouldn't feel like going on one because I had a petrol car and the average usage then was 1000Km/month. Now after moving to diesel, I have the freedom for long drives without feeling a big pinch in my pocket and the average usage has jumped to 2000+Kms/month. In the end, MY monthly fuel expense remains the same as the car usage has increased but I enjoy my long drives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
That is good to hear indeed. No squeaks or rattles for 3500 km is incredible.
Thanks. Still not able to see how this would look under direct sun. The old Swift dark blue was very shiny under direct sunlight, and dark under ordinary lighting.
Old 30th August 2011, 11:51   #1296
BHPian

Totally unacceptable
Quote:
The dealers in Ludhiana are offering ZDI with 35K premium and VDI for 45K.
When I asked for my ZDI which was booked in April then they said may be in October. How can they do this . The manager was sitting with a so called booking list which had bookings from january onwards. And said they get 40-45 vehicles a month so my booking serial number which happens to be around 150 might come somewhere in october. Another thing that the dealer mentioned was that for every 10 upgrades from VDI to ZDI they get additional 5 ZDI's , i.e for every 10 VDI's upgrades they get 15 ZDI's from the company. So may be I will get my ZDi a bit sooner. I am feeling helpless.. Maruti being the largest company cannot maintain transparency. The biggest question is under such a constrained delivery system how can they manage to do black of Swift .
Old 30th August 2011, 12:39   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S.Grewal View Post
Totally unacceptable
When I asked for my ZDI which was booked in April then they said may be in October. How can they do this . The manager was sitting with a so called booking list which had bookings from january onwards. And said they get 40-45 vehicles a month so my booking serial number which happens to be around 150 might come somewhere in october. Another thing that the dealer mentioned was that for every 10 upgrades from VDI to ZDI they get additional 5 ZDI's , i.e for every 10 VDI's upgrades they get 15 ZDI's from the company. So may be I will get my ZDi a bit sooner. I am feeling helpless.. Maruti being the largest company cannot maintain transparency. The biggest question is under such a constrained delivery system how can they manage to do black of Swift .
Dont give in to their nonsense, I booked my vdi in April and upgraded to a zdi, I am getting delivery this weekend. Maybe its different amongst dealers and state. But now my friend wanted to book and they gave him an abnormal waiting period of 14 months.
Old 30th August 2011, 13:15   #1298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S.Grewal View Post
I am feeling helpless.. Maruti being the largest company cannot maintain transparency. The biggest question is under such a constrained delivery system how can they manage to do black of Swift .
Call up the regional "sales" office & complaint about this. Sure they will prioritize your delivery. Please make sure to talk about the "bribe" / "premium" part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Dont give in to their nonsense, I booked my vdi in April and upgraded to a zdi, I am getting delivery this weekend. Maybe its different amongst dealers and state. But now my friend wanted to book and they gave him an abnormal waiting period of 14 months.
I guess they give these kind of waiting periods to tempt the cutomers to pay the extra premium for a quicker delivery or make leeway to allot the cars in between, to people who are ready to pay the premium.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th August 2011 at 13:16.
Old 30th August 2011, 13:24   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
What are you serious? It may be a good car, but certainly not good enough for someone to wait for it for almost a year !
Absolutely. Mum was telling me to go for the Vdi instead of the Jazz Select since they're priced similarly. She went mum when I quoted the waiting period. Who in their right minds would wait that long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
I happened to follow a newly delivered Swift yesterday when I was driving down on Nagar road. For starters, had it not been a TBhpian like me or even someone who is a car freak, it is almost not recognizable as a 'New' model.
I happened to see one yesterday too at Versova! Love what they've done with the rear although the elongated headlights hardly makes for a very different look up front. The only way I made out it's the new Swift was from seeing the different tail light design on display. I guess it's got a bit of a hate it or love it look to it though since my friend didn't like the new look at all compared to the old one. To each his own!
Old 30th August 2011, 14:53   #1300
BHPian

Hi All,

I will be getting the delivery of my new swift zdi in 10 days! Eagerly waiting for the same.
I was planning for a alloy+tyre upgrade of the stock 185/65 R15...
Please let me know if i can upgrade the alloys to R16 and the recommended tyre size as well as the brand of tyre for the same.

Thanks!
Old 30th August 2011, 16:25   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Tired of asking TD of ZDI in chennai. None of the dealers have a registered car in chennai for TD.

I get a automated response from them : Saar, the cars are not registered. you can sit inside and have a look, but cannot drive"

The next day they are calling me and asking me when i am coming for booking the car.

What the heck. how can i book without a TD?
Old 30th August 2011, 18:15   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations beejay, what colour have you booked? please keep us posted on your initial impressions.

On a seperate note - This car seems to have the potential to break all the records and set a new one as far as waiting period is concerned, 14 months, I just cannot beleive this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Old 30th August 2011, 19:07   #1303
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
On a seperate note - This car seems to have the potential to break all the records and set a new one as far as waiting period is concerned, 14 months, I just cannot beleive this!!!
14 months is unbelievable. In Delhi dealers are quoting 5-6 months both for VDI as well as ZDI. Had also read somewhere that a dealer had deducted 2,500 as cancellation charges for Swift. Just confirmed it here in Delhi. It is paltry Rs. 250. In 2007 when I had booked my Wagon R there was no cancellation charge.
Old 30th August 2011, 21:19   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you guys start posting pics of different colors? Since most showrooms have either white or red, it will be helpful for other members who want to go ahead and book.

Rns motors bangalore quoted 6 months for vdi and 8 months for zdi. Sounds ridiculous.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 30th August 2011 at 21:21.
Old 30th August 2011, 21:57   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Tired of asking TD of ZDI in chennai. None of the dealers have a registered car in chennai for TD.

I get a automated response from them : Saar, the cars are not registered. you can sit inside and have a look, but cannot drive"

The next day they are calling me and asking me when i am coming for booking the car.

What the heck. how can i book without a TD?
geeash, i had a similar instance. I was in touch with CARS india. CARS india had promised me that they will have the TD vehicle ready by end of this week but I dont think that is going to happen because of the holidays tomorrow and day-after.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks