Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 17:41   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
"Honda Car India
There is no change in the ex-show-showroom prices of Honda Jazz. The offers available in the market are part of sales promotion on some limited variants in limited volumes available with some dealers for limited time."
Are Honda planning to pull a Civic Hybrid here? Yet another 'desperate' move from Honda . Now the prices for Jazz looks realistic and if i was in market for a premium petrol hatch , i would opt for the Jazz . I seriously pity the buyers of Jazz before this price cut. Honda should compensate them with free petrol for a year . Will people buy Honda from now on for the resale value the brand commanded? I dont think so !!

In a way i would appreciate that they accepted they went over board with their pricing. But the reality is that this was not accepted from a reputed brand.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:44   #182
BANNED

@Gooney

Our T-bhp member adimicra got delivery of his car on August 2010 and it was a January 2010 manufactured Car. and it was the 8000- 9000th Jazz car ever produced in India.

So at that time Honda sales was lagging about 8 months.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 17:49   #183
Senior - BHPian

To all team BHPians

Honda India | Facebook

THIS FB ID IS FAKE, not associated with Honda car India.This is by some fanboy group impersonating Honda India.

Honda Car India | Facebook

This is the only real ID of Honda Siel cars India on facebook.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 17:54   #184
BHPian

@Wildon Hmmm, that is indeed very strange. Why would a manufacturer produce in such excess? I can understand managing 6 months inventory at the end of product life cycle, but this is just weird.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:56   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Correct, I dont dispute the practicality of it. Good for Honda, great for prospective buyers that Honda finally realised this truth.

but as Spitfire mentioned above they have done this at the cost of other intangibles and brought themselves down from the very pedestal they sat upon.
They have just aimed a poleaxe right where it impacts most; the money aspect. Whether this translates into customer loyalty - I dont think so.

Now people will just buy a Honda car if its practical, which is how it should have been in the first place. however, without a diesel mill, can they compete with Maruti/ Hyundai/ VW/ Toyota/ Renault/ (heck even the) Fiats?
See the overall scenario here?

First, a price cut to the City - after about 2 months of the tsunami incident in Japan. Not a huge cut, but a significant one. Keeping in view the increasing competition from Vento, the launch of the new Fluidic Verna, and the lack of diesel engines in Honda's folder. Unofficial discounts made official? Very much so.

Second, a "cash discount" for the Jazz - significantly smaller selling Honda, again no diesel options, upto 80K already on the discount offers (haggling has brought upto 1.2L discounts), applicable ONLY to the Jazzes remaining with the dealers and the stockyards, NOT applicable to new Jazzes under production, around 60-70K margin overlooked in exchange for sales promotion and existing stock clearance, bringing the Jazz and Honda both into the limelight (stolen in recent times by VW, Hyundai & Toyota), coming directly after the launch of the Liva (which I think played a significant part in this move by Honda).

Direct indication - both cars above are going for facelifts and re-introduction into the market. New models will come in with increased localisation (after tsunami incident, Honda has started sourcing parts in their Indian plants from Indian manufacturers) so significantly lesser pricing. Blocks in pricing left so that future diesel variants will ease in nicely into the rates left empty by the petrols.

Now, existing customers need not feel pained about this.Their Hondas would be better than the existing ones, just because of the content inside them. Honda will get the facelifted models' pricing back at near where they should be, although with increased localisation it should be cheaper. Remember, Honda needs to fight it out till it brings in it's diesel powertrains. What better than to increase localisation and slashing prices?

And regarding the diesel issue, if you had a choice of getting a diesel Honda by the latter half of 2012 at a competitive price, wouldn't you rather wait?
Old 12th July 2011, 17:56   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
@Gooney

Our T-bhp member adimicra got delivery of his car on August 2010 and it was a January 2010 manufactured Car. and it was the 8000- 9000th Jazz car ever produced in India.

So at that time Honda sales was lagging about 8 months.
Wildon, mine is a March 2010 manufactured car. I did not take the delivery of the car I checked the VIN with you.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 18:01   #187
BHPian

adimicra, was there a waiting period? If yes, how long? Maybe, that will help solve the 'mystery.'
Old 12th July 2011, 18:02   #188
BHPian

Is it just me?
Honda's FB page (both - official & fan) is locked down. It says that it is transient, though.
Old 12th July 2011, 18:07   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
adimicra, was there a waiting period? If yes, how long? Maybe, that will help solve the 'mystery.'
There was no waiting period as such. It was readily available. I had to wait for 10 days or so as I had insisted on Michelin tires.

All people who bought Jazz during that period of July-August 2010 got cars manufactured during Jan-March 2010 AFAIK
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 18:10   #190

Pals,

I inquired with Inspire Honda,only Honda dealer in slow-paced Mysore, I had carried with me quotes from some of the TBH members posted on this thread and also the news print from livemint - Honda offers hefty discount on Jazz to boost sales - Home - livemint.com

The sales manager called the head of the Inspire Honda, Mysore. He came personally to meet me and to 'explain' the discounts etc. He informed that this is stock clearance from dealers and Honda as well as "New Jazz" is coming in August-2011. In addition, this offer closed in "one hour" flat and all "nearest" dealers took it and could not come to smaller towns. (He also quoted similar situation came in 2008 with Civic hybrid).

Finally, for the base version of Jazz he quoted best price of 6.25L ex-showroom adding that even in Bangalore no one is giving this hefty discount.

PS: I was not shopping for Jazz with my tight budget of 5.5L ex-showroom; just tried my luck!
Old 12th July 2011, 18:11   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And regarding the diesel issue, if you had a choice of getting a diesel Honda by the latter half of 2012 at a competitive price, wouldn't you rather wait?
Isnt this the point where we are speculating as there is no communication from Honda? IMHO, this is where it gets a bit murky and Honda is risking the reputation they have built in India by holding their cards close to their chests (a bit like the BCCI if you ask me!)
Nevertheless, I agree that if I had been a prospective buyer I would have been glad with this turn of events. As an existing owner, I am not at all impressed.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 18:17   #192
BHPian

As an existing Jazz owner i feel cheated by Honda. Slashing prices by 1.5 lacs is a slap on the face of existing owners who have bought it at much higher prices.

All existing owners should start a campaign against Honda and demand compensation. I am game for it.
Old 12th July 2011, 18:26   #193
BHPian

That is huge cut in prices.
Don't know whether someone mentioned before, but 13 pages of posts after the 1st one which was posted only yesterday at 20:xx. Not even 24 hrs, and so much of excitement for this car.
With 1.5 L cut, has Honda dug the grave for new Swift before it is even born?
Now i20, Swift,Polo, Figo etc are going to have a real tough time. God save them.
I am not at all a Honda fan boy(because of the dealers' arrogance) but can't ignore the fact that they produce high quality vehicles
Old 12th July 2011, 18:33   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats View Post
As an existing Jazz owner i feel cheated by Honda. Slashing prices by 1.5 lacs is a slap on the face of existing owners who have bought it at much higher prices.

All existing owners should start a campaign against Honda and demand compensation. I am game for it.
Pats, we all share the same feelings but I don't know if we can do anything. The manufacturer is free to cut prices as they wish. So, we really can't demand anything from them. They know how we all will be feeling and they have taken the decision knowing that. So, I don't expect them to give any sort of compensation.

I guess we need to swallow the bitter pill and move on...
Old 12th July 2011, 18:34   #195
Senior - BHPian

There is total confusion and Honda is tight lipped about announcing anything. A category of dealers may take buyers for a ride taking this opportunity selling TD / Demo cars in this chaos/rush. Buyer be aware.
Honda should have ideally put in a 'limited time only' ad for the discount (if it is indeed a stock clearance sell to make way for the new Jazz)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks