Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 00:03   #226
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Just called Magnum and Dakshin.
Magnum quoted 6.1 ex-showroom for the Base model + Insurance free + club mahindra 15k coupon.
Dakshin quoted 6.2 for the Select ex-showroom, (7.5 on road)

Strangely they claim the do not have a SINGLE Jazz in STOCK. The guy at DAKSHIN says due to the launch of the BRIO the next batch will be out only in 2 months. 50k booking amt. But he said the 'discount' could vary if a refreshed Jazz came out.
:(
Checked with Whitefield Honda also. They do not have any JAZZ on stock. They are waiting for the uplifted Jazz in about 2-3 weeks.
Old 13th July 2011, 00:40   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Phew - what a day!

You are pretty spot on I would think, except that if the facelift was 2 months away, then there shouldnt be so much rush to clear these in such a hurry unless they have loads.. But looks like BLR dealers have already cleared their stock! I think the facelift is just around the corner, and they will re-spec it for sure.
Given they want to sell 2000 units a month, it should be possible within 6 - 6.99 range and 3 models to choose from. But base model should come with air-bags if not ABS.

Imagine - 6L base price with no air-bags/ABS. Its actually a non-starter - I would rather go with i20 Asta which is under 6L ex-showroom.. i20 sports cuts it too and is at 5.5L ex-showroom!
From their past record - I do not think Honda shall strip Jazz of ABS + Airbags - but Honda has broken all past records they set up in the last week!
Old 13th July 2011, 04:34   #228
BHPian

In my opinion I feel that the Jazz was already overpriced. My suspicion is that how could Honda drop prices by this margin? I'm sure that nobody would sell their product without a margin in their profit and in this case I'm wondering how could Honda drop prices of this scale? Bizzare
Old 13th July 2011, 04:52   #229

I really pity the people who bought the JAzz at all those insane prices when everyone who knew anything about cars told them not to! Anyways, Now at this price though, this is now the best Petrol hatch on the market. Its as simple as that. Id still get a Diesel Punto though.

Another sign of this price drop is the impending New Swift launch. The New swift is goign to kill any and every hatch in the market. It is written and it is going to happen. There is no stopping it sadly!
Old 13th July 2011, 08:29   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
jazz facelift to be launched in coming weeks.
Thanks for the news. Is there an engine update as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
From their past record - I do not think Honda shall strip Jazz of ABS + Airbags - but Honda has broken all past records they set up in the last week!
Yes, Honda may leave alloy wheels on the top version, but I don’t think they will skip any safety features. That’s one big plus for Honda compared to its Japanese / Korean peers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I really pity the people who bought the Jazz at all those insane prices when everyone who knew anything about cars told them not to!
I don’t quite agree with that. In my opinion, those bare minimum no. of folks who bought Jazz where those who were aware of the car’s strengths. At that point, if they felt the prices were insane, they would have always gone for a Swift or i20 (or pay a bit more and get a City)

And not everyone can wait for a clearance sale
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 08:56   #231
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Called up Olympia Honda yesterday evening to confirm the discounts running on Jazz.
I asked the sales guy "Is there any discounts in the order of Rs 1.5Lacs running on Jazz?"
"No sir, Its actually discount of Rs 1.75 lacs running on Jazz"
" Oh (sputter)..So what would be the on road price in chennai?"
"It comes to around Rs. 6.73 Lacs OTR sir"
"Oh Thank you" (hung up the phone).

I am not able to sleep yesterday. Just imagining that my favourite car is now available at an OTR price which is lower that the price at which it was introduced.
Now my only prayer is "God Please do something to get my hands on this beauty"
Barath
Old 13th July 2011, 09:30   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

If the above statement is true, then the current slash is prices of Jazz could be termed as a clearance sale!

Cheers!
Old 13th July 2011, 09:34   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barathvajan View Post
Hi Guys,

Called up Olympia Honda yesterday evening to confirm the discounts running on Jazz.
I asked the sales guy "Is there any discounts in the order of Rs 1.5Lacs running on Jazz?"
"No sir, Its actually discount of Rs 1.75 lacs running on Jazz"
" Oh (sputter)..So what would be the on road price in chennai?"
"It comes to around Rs. 6.73 Lacs OTR sir"
"Oh Thank you" (hung up the phone).

I am not able to sleep yesterday. Just imagining that my favourite car is now available at an OTR price which is lower that the price at which it was introduced.
Now my only prayer is "God Please do something to get my hands on this beauty"
Barath
Same here also yaar.. Can't sleep.. any way i am visiting the showroom today. I am in a confusion whether to go for Honda Jazz(Select Edition) or New Swift(ZDI) as this is also expected by next month. Petrol or Diesel...? My avg drive per month will be around 1500 Kms. Any one please suggest as we are yet to know the future to Diesel/Petrol prices in India and Govt Policies towards them.
Old 13th July 2011, 09:42   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Any one please suggest as we are yet to know the future to Diesel/Petrol prices in India and Govt Policies towards them.
From your statement Diesel is the way to go! IMO diesel prices would not be radically increased as it is a complex process.

Cheers!
Old 13th July 2011, 09:47   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Same here also yaar.. Can't sleep.. any way i am visiting the showroom today. I am in a confusion whether to go for Honda Jazz(Select Edition) or New Swift(ZDI) as this is also expected by next month. Petrol or Diesel...? My avg drive per month will be around 1500 Kms. Any one please suggest as we are yet to know the future to Diesel/Petrol prices in India and Govt Policies towards them.
Read an article in the ET on the subj' (diesel vs petrol in the current scenario). Posting the link - according to the article upwards of 700 kms a month and diesel is the way to go.

Does buying a diesel car make sense now - ET Slide Shows - Features - The Economic Times
Old 13th July 2011, 09:48   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica
A typical Honda facelift I guess with cosmetic changes. Do you have any details?

Honda after all is no "saint". Can expect an upgrade coming up on the back of this massive price cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43
I really pity the people who bought the JAzz at all those insane prices when everyone who knew anything about cars told them not to! Anyways, Now at this price though, this is now the best Petrol hatch on the market. Its as simple as that. Id still get a Diesel Punto though.

Another sign of this price drop is the impending New Swift launch. The New swift is goign to kill any and every hatch in the market. It is written and it is going to happen. There is no stopping it sadly!
Can't agree more on this. The new Swift launch certainly would have been on Honda's mind when they announced the price cut. In fact, all car manufacturers would be worried. The Liva, Jazz, i20, Punto will all have a hard time.

Last edited by GTO : 15th July 2011 at 22:46. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing back to back posts.
Old 13th July 2011, 09:58   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

I do not understand the whole process. Today in TOI Delhi, the regular car advertisements that come on the supplement still say the jazz comes with free insurance etc, ie the deal that was being given till now by the dealers. Isn't it a fraud if they are still advertising that when the real discount is 1.75L? Also what is the dealership gaining from this? They will infact get more number of buyers if they advertise the massive price cut. Since there has been no news article on the same hardly anyone outside TBHP knows about this. Even SVP of the C&B show hasnt said anything about this on his blog. He usually updates with such news at the very onset. It somehow feels a little mysterious and annoying to me!

Last edited by drmohitg : 13th July 2011 at 09:59.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:03   #238
Senior - BHPian

^^^ In a link posted some pages ago on this thread, it is mentioned that the discount on ex showroom price + free insurance takes up the total discount to be 1.75L. Hope this clears the doubt of free insurance.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:25   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post

Cyrus ji, pity? Wow, that sounds a lot like a cheap shot! I can understand you may have some axe to grind or some strong affinity to another brand here but still I cant believe someone would pull a stunt like that! Just because me and some others are analysing the latest fall-out of the massive clearance sale on Jazz, it doesnt mean we are begging for anyone's pity surely! Its a very big word and this is not life or death matter. At the end of the day, we are all consumerists, spending extravagant money on transportation. Nothing to pity each other on.

As far whether the diesel swift or punto would "kill" Jazz, isnt there room for all the cars and brands? After all Ambassador still sells after 25 years of the Indian car revolution! I dont understand this obsession with "I win, so you loose" attitude amongst brand loyalists- after all if Honda doesnt make the cars I want or has unfair pricing policies, I may protest and see if teh company would hear me and rectify it. And if it doesnt, one walks over and buys another product/brand that matches ones expectations!
biyer is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 10:35   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by biyer View Post
Cyrus ji, pity? Wow, that sounds a lot like a cheap shot! I can understand you may have some axe to grind or some strong affinity to another brand here but still I cant believe someone would pull a stunt like that! Just because me and some others are analysing the latest fall-out of the massive clearance sale on Jazz, it doesnt mean we are begging for anyone's pity surely! Its a very big word and this is not life or death matter. At the end of the day, we are all consumerists, spending extravagant money on transportation. Nothing to pity each other on.

As far whether the diesel swift or punto would "kill" Jazz, isnt there room for all the cars and brands? After all Ambassador still sells after 25 years of the Indian car revolution! I dont understand this obsession with "I win, so you loose" attitude amongst brand loyalists- after all if Honda doesnt make the cars I want or has unfair pricing policies, I may protest and see if teh company would hear me and rectify it. And if it doesnt, one walks over and buys another product/brand that matches ones expectations!
Cheap shot? Really? Im just stating the facts man! My post wasnt targeted to any one person in particular but to everyone who has bought the Jazz. I have never once said I dont like the car. I do and I am a Honda OHC VTEC fan too. But what honda did with the pricing was completely ridiculous and everyone knows it. If you bought the car at the price then, and now that the price has dropped this low, I wonder what it will do to your resale values. Is that why all the current Jazz owners are raising a big hue and cry about it. Look, I might be a "fanboy" as the term is often used here on this forum, but that doesnt mean I go on rampaging and "stepping on" other brands unless they have faults. Have you ever seen me say anything bad about a Skoda or a Ford despite the former having a horrible reputation on this forum.

I didnt say you were begging for pity. But somehow, the frustration of current Jazz owners in very apparent in this thread. I have nothing more to say.

That said, I wish they get the JDM 1.5 VTEC to India.
Cyrus43 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed