Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 17:21   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Here is some speculation on the face lifted Jazz.
Read the link.
New Honda Jazz photo gallery, Honda Jazz facelift photos | DWS Auto India

"Honda will likely offer the new Jazz with the same 1.2 litre iVTEC petrol motor of the present model that produces 89 bhp of max power and 110 Nm of max torque. Overall dimensions of the Jazz facelift too will be same as those of the present model. Let’s take a look at what the new Jazz has to offer."

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 17:34   #272
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I hope it helps, to give you all prospective buyers an idea of the Jazz "Cash Discount".
What is Honda trying here? Is the loss of face already not enough.

This cash discount bull crap at the tune of 1.5 lakhs is going to mess your Road Tax ans Insurance Premium as it is calculated on the ex-showroom price and not the final discounted price.

If they are serious about their get back to honest business way, then surely this is a big guffaw from them.

Who is this person at Honda who is coming up with all this. Seriously this person needs to walk off before he buries Honda even more. I keep saying this in my posts because this is beyond being ridiculous now.
Spitfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 17:50   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
What is Honda trying here? Is the loss of face already not enough.

This cash discount bull crap at the tune of 1.5 lakhs is going to mess your Road Tax ans Insurance Premium as it is calculated on the ex-showroom price and not the final discounted price.

If they are serious about their get back to honest business way, then surely this is a big guffaw from them.

Who is this person at Honda who is coming up with all this. Seriously this person needs to walk off before he buries Honda even more. I keep saying this in my posts because this is beyond being ridiculous now.
+100 IMHO Honda should be reducing the ex-showroom price. Heck why should we be paying extra taxes. Honda doesn't lose anything plus gets the customer's goodwill.

Cheers
Old 13th July 2011, 18:11   #274
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand the fuss over this price reduction. Yes, it gives a little heartburn. But when you enjoy your car, who cares too much?? Imagine you brought a i20 for 7.7L and have problems from day one.

In my 4000kms+, I am extremely happy with the car. I was fully aware that the car is over priced and will be expensive to maintain over my Alto. I was also expecting a price correction at some point or worst stop of sales due to low volumes. I drove the car in Thailand and knew it was under featured too.

I brought Jazz for the practicality, cabin space, refinement, quality interiors and the Honda owner snob value.
mail4ajo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 18:29   #275
BHPian

guys just got the quote for jazz
the on road prize starts from 8.43 lac to 8.53 lac. If i go for booking then there is discoint of 70 k.
Guys whats your comments?
Uday
Old 13th July 2011, 18:42   #276
BHPian

^ Is the quote for the current model or the to-be-launched model? The current model is being offered at a much bigger discount. Do read the comments in this thread.
Old 13th July 2011, 19:25   #277
BHPian

Uday which dealer you got the quote from. I have got quotation from Hallmark and Solitair @ 678000 aprx. OTR - for Jazz select. INfact I have booked with Hallmark HOnda. Red Honda Jazz Select Varient March 2011 manufactured.
Old 13th July 2011, 19:44   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
guys just got the quote for jazz
the on road prize starts from 8.43 lac to 8.53 lac. If i go for booking then there is discoint of 70 k.
Guys whats your comments?
Uday
What is that supposed to mean. The Jazz is running on clearance sale of 1.75 lacs off on the OTR price. Desai saab! for prospective buyers, time to have fun is now.
Old 13th July 2011, 19:53   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
Uday which dealer you got the quote from. I have got quotation from Hallmark and Solitair @ 678000 aprx. OTR - for Jazz select. INfact I have booked with Hallmark HOnda. Red Honda Jazz Select Varient March 2011 manufactured.

i got quotation from solitair, borivali.
Old 13th July 2011, 20:09   #280
BHPian

I just got a call from Crystal Honda ( Pune). As per the person who called me, all Jazz's have been sold out ( as per him by all dealers). He was offering a City EMT at 8 lakhs OTR. When I asked about the Jazz he said that the Jazz is going in for a 'MMC". On asking what this meant, he said, its a minor cosmetic change. He was not sure if the prices would change. As per him, Jazz will not be available for the next 1 month.

After the slew of price cuts by Honda recently, I am just waiting and watching, no matter how tempting the prices offered are.
Old 13th July 2011, 21:08   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
I have got quotation from Hallmark and Solitair @ 678000 aprx. OTR - for Jazz select. INfact I have booked with Hallmark HOnda. Red Honda Jazz Select Varient March 2011 manufactured.
Hearty Congratulations, aryashiv1!

That's a great price. See if you can haggle for some free accessories, which will sweeten the deal further.

Please take the Team-BHP PDI checklist with you and confirm the manufacturing through the VIN code. Looking forward to seeing your ownership thread with lots of pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
I just got a call from Crystal Honda ( Pune). As per the person who called me, all Jazz's have been sold out ( as per him by all dealers). He was offering a City EMT at 8 lakhs OTR. When I asked about the Jazz he said that the Jazz is going in for a 'MMC". On asking what this meant, he said, its a minor cosmetic change. He was not sure if the prices would change. As per him, Jazz will not be available for the next 1 month.

After the slew of price cuts by Honda recently, I am just waiting and watching, no matter how tempting the prices offered are.
A very brave and correct decision. Brave, because the Cash Discount offer is very, very tempting.

Reports are coming in from other places as well that all/most Jazzes have been sold out. As regards launch after one month, I think they might bring in the facelift by August-end. That will give them ample time to ease the facelifted Jazz in, before the Brio launch during Diwali time (expectedly).

Of course the target segments of both cars are different but Honda will be wary. I think they have sat up and taken notice of the competition and their decreasing sales, so I expect some more aggressive marketing steps and strategies by Honda in the near future.

Just hope they don't compromise on that famed Honda quality over this.
Old 13th July 2011, 21:20   #282
BHPian

While the price cut seems like a great news, I don't believe that you can suddenly get success off a failed product by price off. Be it cars or anything else. It's critical to get pricing right or correct it before the offering has died. If these cars had been launched at prices they are offering now they wud have been a success. Fusion to my mind didn't sell even after price cuts coz in market it was dead before price cuts came in. All it will help in to Honda is to clear of some inventory and show some sales given the pressure local team will be having from global to report gain in sales.
Swift wasn't scared with a price cut on Fabia recently and no reason i20 should be shivering in fear. It will impact them a bit but no RIP scenarios.
Old 13th July 2011, 21:44   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by METISWHG View Post
While the price cut seems like a great news, I don't believe that you can suddenly get success off a failed product by price off. Be it cars or anything else.
Well thats not entirely true. I am guessing Skoda Fabia started selling a lot once the price correction was put in place. Of course there were lot of other reasons for its sales picking up. But price correction was surely one of them
Old 13th July 2011, 21:45   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While the price cut seems like a great news, I don't believe that you can suddenly get success off a failed product by price off. Be it cars or anything else.
Honda has tried to pull a Skoda(with the Fabia) here. Almost same scenario, the Fabia sales were also dud ! Now its easily doing more than 1k units. I think Honda too would be happy selling 1500-2000 units. Lets hope they maintain the prices with the rumoured Jazz facelift.

Quote:
Swift wasn't scared with a price cut on Fabia recently and no reason i20 should be shivering in fear. It will impact them a bit but no RIP scenarios.
Swift has one major selling point - brilliant engines in petrol and diesel which not many competition at that price can match. If Polo/Fabia get a 4 cylinder engine and better refinement look at their sales go upwards. Jazz could eat away some sales of i20 petrol this month . Jazz at 6.5-6.75 OTR is a real steal if you are looking at petrol hatch. So it would surely eat sales of the competition and not touch the sales figures of the might Swift, i20.
Old 13th July 2011, 21:49   #285
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I dont understand the fuss over this price reduction.
Let me try and explain the fuss.

First this is unprecedented in Honda's history in India for them to reduce the prices of their product.

Secondly the quantum of decrease. You may agree or not but this is just not a good move. If you are into business and processes this is a acknowledgment of overselling a product that was not actually worth it. Point being here the company itself acknowledging the same.

Third and the major point is, Honda basked in their glory that they could demand any premium (justified or not can be gauged by their sales crashing across the product line, so I will leave it to you to make that out). Now that has been blown away to smithereens. Quite literally taking away their goodwill.

Now when a new product comes out from their stable they have lost the claim to get a premium on it.

A question for you, now when they launch a product and ask a premium for it. Will you buy it? If you say yes. Well you are then a loyal customer. But if you say no you put thought in where your money goes. But rest assured if you are the former then you are really in a minority. Don't believe me? Wait for it to unfold.

Quote:
Yes, it gives a little heartburn. But when you enjoy your car, who cares too much??
Well there are two sides to it. One of being shortchanged the other of being satisfied as you cant do anything otherwise. You are the later. But there are many of the former.

Quote:
Imagine you brought a i20 for 7.7L and have problems from day one.
Neither are all Honda's perfect. But seriously pulling in another product into this discussion is useless.

Quote:
In my 4000kms+, I am extremely happy with the car. I was fully aware that the car is over priced and will be expensive to maintain over my Alto. I was also expecting a price correction at some point or worst stop of sales due to low volumes. I drove the car in Thailand and knew it was under featured too.

I brought Jazz for the practicality, cabin space, refinement, quality interiors and the Honda owner snob value.
Well the price cut was never about the people who have already bought it. Quite frankly you guys don't have a choice and be content that atleast you got a good product. You paid for it knowing fully well what you were getting into.

So the fuss for you may not be major but in business terms this is quite a major move by a major company in a major market.

Hope that helps.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed