Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 10:07   #301
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

I meant to write this last night but was too tired. Like I mentioned a few pages ago, I had rung up Peninsular Honda the day before afternoon to confirm the news and get pricing details. The salesgirl said they were yet to get the exact price/discount - and were likely to get it the next day. Subsequently I spoke to a colleague of mine who was in the market for changing his second car – a 9 year old Santro. He had almost decided to buy the Liva (top end) like the other colleague who had bought one for his wife – one of the first Livas to be delivered in Cochin. Since this colleague and I are Honda users (he has a Civic & I have my City), I managed to persuade his to look seriously at the Jazz now that pricing was very attractive. Imagine my shock when I rang up Peninsular Honda last afternoon to get the pricing, when I was told that everything was sold out the previous day!! They said they were out of stock. I am really taken aback by the shenanigans going on thanks to Honda’s murky silence on the matter. I feel the news is not really out in a small city like Cochin and that the dealer is up to a bit of black marketing – they would probably pocketing a sizable chunk of the discount and sweet talking the unwary in this town into deals. Since I had mentioned about the 1.75 lac discount straight to them, they were probably not keen on dealing with me.
Later on I contacted Cosmic Honda and they are sending someone to meet us this afternoon. My colleague intends to test drive and then take a decision. I’ll update you all on this.

Last edited by wilful : 14th July 2011 at 10:08.
Old 14th July 2011, 10:17   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
I believe they cant do that as the VAT would be already paid at the old prices, given these cars are March/April stock. So they cant touch ex-showroom prices would be my guess. So this is a "clearance sale" with 20% or so, discounted.. In any case, lets not crib. 1.75 laks is a lot - why bother which bucket it comes from? STOP whining!!!

Absolutely! The best response on this thread - 5*!!!

Lets put an end on this discussion.. Those getting the Jazz at reduced prices, Congratulations! Your karma is good!!

Look forward to the new feature-rich Jazz with clearance prices
+1 to the responses. As Sid mentioned elsewhere, I guess a new Jazz with some updated features with more meaningful variants will come.
Even I tried to buy but due to logistical issues at my end, I dropped the effort y'day - even though the dealer had committed a Ralleye Red Select but decided to forego and buy a car sometime in the 1st week of Sept. In the meantime, to all the new owners of Jazz we can expect more of Test Drives reviews !!
Old 14th July 2011, 10:59   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
+1 to the responses. As Sid mentioned elsewhere, I guess a new Jazz with some updated features with more meaningful variants will come.
Even I tried to buy but due to logistical issues at my end, I dropped the effort y'day - even though the dealer had committed a Ralleye Red Select but decided to forego and buy a car sometime in the 1st week of Sept. In the meantime, to all the new owners of Jazz we can expect more of Test Drives reviews !!
I share your thoughts, I & my wife truly liked this vehicle in all aspects expect the engine, I lost my sleep hearing the 1.75 lakhs discount. Even if the facelift is 50-70k more than the current discount prices, it would make a lot more sense IMO. Just look at the Jazz introduced in Malaysia.

2011 Honda Jazz facelift introduced in Malaysia

I am ready to pay the original market price of Jazz if they introduced the 1.5 i-vtec
Old 14th July 2011, 11:04   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
I had my wife call up a Honda dealer in Kolkata (I am in the US now on a business trip). The dealer told her that there is only one Jazz (a red Select) available with him, and the price is 7.1 L (with dealership discount, and no Honda discount) on the road. One has to book it immediately. He also said that all the cars with the hefty Company discounts are gone.

Now in the light of the whole discussion above, I cannot make any sense out of this quote. Anybody any clue?
Discounts have been given to clear the inventory to make way for new facelift Jazz which would be launched at the end of this month..
courtsey: GM Sales, Honda dealership
Old 14th July 2011, 11:14   #305
BHPian

I believe Honda would have done it quite long back for Jazz, may be they have realised it late but not too late. Honda group has done like similar to what people do invest in a high initial value of IPO in the market, watching and waiting to resell it if the price goes up. But the new entrants like i20, Ritz, VW Polo have eaten their market from all dimensions. Honda's quarterly statistics might have made them to realize the reality of Indian market and competetion for these quarters.

When I visited other car showrooms, they used this point as an added advantage to push their cars against Honda Jazz. But it is not so. Honda cars do deserve a lot and is far ahead of these generations.

No doubt Jazz is a very refined and premium product from Honda, now it the time to watch how Honda car sales will move in the market. Overall a very good move by Honda.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 14th July 2011 at 11:19.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:46   #306
BHPian

Had a test drive today morning, Magnum Honda Bangalore came home with the test car. All cars with the dealer discount are sold out. I have to wait till end of August if I have to take delivery of Jazz which will be the upgraded one. No pricing details and upgrade details are available as of now.

Just thought of sharing with BHPians.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:05   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
\Just look at the Jazz introduced in Malaysia.

Is this just what it is?? Just a facelift - la Maruti, isnt it? I read on this thread that it will have a Civic-inspired front!!!

Anyways, more than the looks or the price, the 1.5L engine in this would be the real deal! Dont disappoint, Honda!!
Old 14th July 2011, 12:12   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this just what it is?? Just a facelift - la Maruti, isnt it? I read on this thread that it will have a Civic-inspired front!!!

Anyways, more than the looks or the price, the 1.5L engine in this would be the real deal! Dont disappoint, Honda!!
Yes, it is indeed a minor facelift. And do not expect the 1.5L engine, you will be disappointed.

The more important thing for Honda is to reorganize the variants and price them appropriately. That is what they will be focussing on rather than a bigger engine.
They might throw in a few more features in the top end variant, while the lowest variant will have less features for sure.

I expect the lowest variant to be priced below 6 L ex-showroom
Old 14th July 2011, 12:18   #309
BHPian

Check this.. I guess nothing new except front bumper and reflectors in rear bumper

Honda Malaysia
Old 14th July 2011, 12:25   #310
BHPian

Seeing the sales with the discount..I am sure Honda would maintain the discounted price with new face-lifted Jazz, unless and otherwise there is a engine change.

They must be sure, if the old price is prevailing, the sales would be sloppy as before.

Just my instinct
Old 14th July 2011, 12:31   #311
BHPian

Moving on to brighter side. Yesterday I saw 2 new Honda Jazz near ITPL in Bangalore, with ribbon on. Well, i might have paid 60K more :( than the two fellows, but when I sit in my car and drive, I never think about the price. The things which come up in my mind are:
1. Ohh, it so silent.
2. Steering is so good.
3. It gives me around 16.5 /L in Bangalore ( well i am going by what machine says to me, I have never tested it myself ).
4. Its so spacious and bright. It looks handsome.
5. I am not going to sell it for next 6-7 years ( hopefully, but i have a fickle mind ).
6. My god, there is a bump, slow down. Why on earth such a nice car has such a low GC etc etc.
Believe me, I never though about the extra Premium while driving it. Its a gem of a car. And for stock clearing discounts, everybody does it. Why to blame Honda.

Disclaimer - I am not a Honda fan boy, loyalist etc. Jazz is my first Honda car, which I bought last year. I know it was costly, but once i drove it, i never liked any other hatch. I went with my heart and not head. And I was not much at fault ( except if i would have bought it today(after 1 year ), it might have costed me 60k Less ).
"Get Over it".
yogesh.janghel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 12:50   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post

I am ready to pay the original market price of Jazz if they introduced the 1.5 i-vtec
Thanks for the link.

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-new-jazz.jpg

If this is the upcoming face-lift along with 1.5 auto, then it will be a drool worthy altogether. Price can be somewhat more than current Select Model (without discount).

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 14th July 2011, 14:00   #313
BHPian

Quote:
I believe they cant do that as the VAT would be already paid at the old prices, given these cars are March/April stock. So they cant touch ex-showroom prices would be my guess. So this is a "clearance sale" with 20% or so, discounted.. In any case, lets not crib. 1.75 laks is a lot - why bother which bucket it comes from? STOP whining!!!
I love my money and will whine away to save more

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 14:03   #314

Why do people keep posting about the new engine of Jazz when it has been clarified that it will not be coming anytime in the near future? Please stop with the speculation.

I got a quote of 6.4 Lakhs OTR from one dealer and 6.6 Lakhs OTR from another dealer at Hyderabad for the Jazz Select Edition. What do you guys say? 6.4L OTR for Jazz Select sounds mouth-watering to me :O.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:18   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They may launch new Jazz with curvier mud flap, Better parcel tray, and thicker wheel cap. New Jazz inspired by upcoming Civic? that is one ugly design isn't it.

If you can get hold of Jazz @ discounted price it is an awesome deal. According to me it is the best petrol hatch available in the country now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks