Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 18:11   #316
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Just got an SMS from Crystal Honda "Jazz all ur with an extremely jazzy offer Ex-showroom price on road price and thats not all, we also take care of your interest for 3 years on a finance amount of 6 lacs".

Written verbatim. Looks like they still want to sell some! I really wish I was in the market for a Petrol Hatch right now!
sids911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 21:08   #317
BHPian

I think Honda has decided to win the market. If they play the price card and stay competitive, they would beat the others in petrol segment for sure. Once they have their "new" small diesel, they will just rule the market.

My 2 cents..
Old 14th July 2011, 21:45   #318

Now for the Million dollar question.

Do I go with the Jazz at 6.4L OTR or do I wait for the new "facelift(ed)" version of the Jazz which is expected sometime next month(?). Also, although it has been clarified before but wanted to know from fellow BHPians, any inkling on what the price of the "improved" jazz will be? I just hope there is not much of price difference between the present version and the new Jazz.

In my talk with the sales guy (who was kinda bluffing), he was saying that the new Jazz is atleast 5-6 months away and that this clearance is being done to make way for the new Brio. Of course this doesnt make sense cos Brio is in a different segment altogether.

Any advice towards solving my predicament would be greatly appreciated
Old 14th July 2011, 22:06   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoder View Post
Why do people keep posting about the new engine of Jazz when it has been clarified that it will not be coming anytime in the near future? Please stop with the speculation.

I got a quote of 6.4 Lakhs OTR from one dealer and 6.6 Lakhs OTR from another dealer at Hyderabad for the Jazz Select Edition. What do you guys say? 6.4L OTR for Jazz Select sounds mouth-watering to me :O.
sounds good..Which dealers are these? and do they still have stock?
Old 14th July 2011, 22:51   #320
BHPian

Even I am curious!!! Is Honda still with Jazz stock?? In chennai everything is sold..Damn!!!
Old 14th July 2011, 22:58   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Just got an SMS from Crystal Honda "Jazz all ur with an extremely jazzy offer Ex-showroom price on road price and thats not all, we also take care of your interest for 3 years on a finance amount of 6 lacs".

Written verbatim. Looks like they still want to sell some! I really wish I was in the market for a Petrol Hatch right now!
+1, I got a call from them today too, actually 3 calls in response to my last week`s TD along with my friend. Going through some of the posts it seems not all Honda dealers are honest enough to disclose the True picture to an honest customer (not so informed), .i.e., the discounts currently on offer.

Pune - 6.57 L on-road for middle variant. If I was in market today looking for a hatch, Jazz with current pricing, definitely would be the choice w/o any doubt. Fantastic car with correct pricing as on today !

However, what surprised me is the SAs response when I told him that we went ahead with Polo 1.6 -
SA - Sir, Polo have 1.4 engine and not 1.6!
Me - Mr. xyz, we took the TD and booked the Car and it is 1.6
SA - No sir Polo do not have any 1.6
Frustrated at the same time irritated,
Me - Do you have internet conn at your office ?
SA - yes
Me - Please do a search and still if you do not find Polo 1.6 give me call and btw, I called you in response to your missed calls just to inform you that we already booked another car and not looking for Jazz further.

*** Please do not take it as an offence, any Jazz owners, sharing just an experiecne and what surprised me the most is somebody associated with a reputed organization is not even aware of an 01 year old car. We are lucky to be associated with Team-BHP, otherwise its anybodys guess how these ( it is applicable to any manufacturer ) guys can influence a not so informed honest customer.
Old 14th July 2011, 23:02   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Do I go with the Jazz at 6.4L OTR or do I wait for the new "facelift(ed)" version of the Jazz which is expected sometime next month(?). Also, although it has been clarified before but wanted to know from fellow BHPians, any inkling on what the price of the "improved" jazz will be? I just hope there is not much of price difference between the present version and the new Jazz.

In my talk with the sales guy (who was kinda bluffing), he was saying that the new Jazz is atleast 5-6 months away and that this clearance is being done to make way for the new Brio. Of course this doesnt make sense cos Brio is in a different segment altogether.

The price you are quoting is unbelievable.
It is 2.3 Lakhs less than the OTR price in Hyderabad.
Guess, next Honda will be offering 'Buy 1 Get 1 free'

Jokes apart, which dealer is this? When me and my friend enquired, we were quoted 7 Lakhs OTR and the car was in Jan-Feb 2011

Please check out the car thoroughly before buying - it can be a demo car or a TD car or more than a year old.

If not, you are one lucky chap. But, then don't wait.

Last edited by adimicra : 14th July 2011 at 23:05.
Old 14th July 2011, 23:24   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sir, go ahead and buy it, nothing to worry about.As adimicra said make sure you are getting clean 2011 model. Drop me a PM once you take the delivery, I'll send you a nice Jazz audio CD to you free of cost, play it and smile at everyone you see on road. Why so serious?

Last edited by Latheesh : 14th July 2011 at 23:38.
Old 14th July 2011, 23:26   #324
BHPian

Quote:

Do I go with the Jazz at 6.4L OTR or do I wait for the new "facelift(ed)" version of the Jazz which is expected sometime next month(?).

You will never get the facelifted version of Jazz at the quoted price (6.4L OTR), it will be more around 8L OTR. If budget is not a constraint, wait for the newer version else the current clearence price is once in a blue moon price - most likely, you will never see it again.
Old 14th July 2011, 23:59   #325
Senior - BHPian

For all those looking for Jazz production figures, here they are;

Fin. Year ---------- Production ---------- Sales

09-10 ------------------10,209 ---------- 7541

10-11 -------------------3510------------ 4862

11-12 (Till June)---------- 30---------------643

Total -----------------13,749 ------------13,046

Jazz production for June 2011 was '0'.

Looking at these figures, Honda does not have too much of Jazz stocks, so a clearance sale does not make sense. Maybe the new prices are here to stay.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 15th July 2011 at 00:06.
fiat_tarun is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 00:12   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

09-10 ------------------10,209 ---------- 7541

10-11 -------------------3510------------ 4862

11-12 (Till June)---------- 30---------------643

Total -----------------13,749 ------------13,046

Jazz production for June 2011 was '0'.

Looking at these figures, Honda does not have too much of Jazz stocks, so a clearance sale does not make sense. Maybe the new prices are here to stay.
@tarun: the sales number quoted by you are the number of vehicles shipped from Honda to the dealers. It is not the number of vehicles sold to the end consumer. So, it is highly possible that the dealers have lots of cars lying in their stockyards.
I am sure a facelift is on the way. Otherwise, if it is just a price revision, Honda would have made an official announcement.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 00:45   #327
BHPian

From what I heard the price drop was only for the existing stock clearance sale. The new Jazz stock is expected 2-3 weeks from now and it would have a new price list.

This is what Honda said on Facebook:

This is what honda says in FB:

Honda Car India
There is no change in the ex-show-showroom prices of Honda Jazz. The offers available in the market are part of sales promotion on some limited variants in limited volumes available with some dealers for limited time.

I cross check with a sales-manager in Bangalore and he also confirmed me the same.
Old 15th July 2011, 00:53   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess for the facelifted version, Honda may keep the prices 60K less than the old price [exact spot where they had the offers going on before this clearance sale] and they might price the new version with 118 PS at the old price. This is an assumption though. Hope they dont mess with the pricing of Jazz further when the new versions come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

So does "production" mean the number of cars produced & dispatched by the manufacturer & "Sales" mean the cars sold by dealers? I see that at couple of places the sales numbers are more than the production numbers which logically is not correct unless the surplus units were lying with the dealers and was sold later.

Off-topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
what surprised me the most is somebody associated with a reputed organization is not even aware of an 01 year old car.
Frankly, the sales guys don't know much of the technical specs of other brands most of the times. Even if they know, they might play the fool to prove that their cars are better. I had a similar problem with Hyundai guys trying to prove that Swift D never had ABS against Getz CRDi. End of the day, they just end up irritating the customers who know well about their shortlisted options.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th July 2011 at 00:59.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 03:42   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
From what I heard the price drop was only for the existing stock clearance sale. The new Jazz stock is expected 2-3 weeks from now and it would have a new price list.

This is what Honda said on Facebook:

This is what honda says in FB:

Honda Car India
There is no change in the ex-show-showroom prices of Honda Jazz. The offers available in the market are part of sales promotion on some limited variants in limited volumes available with some dealers for limited time.

I cross check with a sales-manager in Bangalore and he also confirmed me the same.
So new Jazz prices wont be revised?
IMO they should reduce it by at least 1L across the variants.

Guys - how many of you finally managed to get the Jazz in this Dhamaka offer? I dont see any new ownership threads.
Old 15th July 2011, 08:17   #330
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
it will be more around 8L OTR.
Can you please quote the source of this price for the face lifted variant?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks