Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 19:36   #421
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Considering the fact that Jazz prices have been slashed by around 1.75L and face-lift model is expected to be on sale from next month with a lesser price tag, what should be the ideal resale price for a 1 year old Honda Jazz Select (without alloy wheels) 7000km driven approximately and in a very good condition ?
Old 20th July 2011, 20:41   #422
Senior - BHPian

Given by the stats of the offer.
- I am guessing Honda might have had max a months inventory in its yards.
- This should translate to around 450 odd cars in inventory.
- Guaging by the amount of interest that offer has created in the Forum and among customers. There should have been atlast 30 bookings per day for all dealership put together.
- This would mean the offer should have got over altogether in all the dealerships in India.
Unless Honda thinks to extend this offer for all time.

What do you think?
Old 20th July 2011, 21:04   #423
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics
Considering the fact that Jazz prices have been slashed by around 1.75L and face-lift model is expected to be on sale from next month with a lesser price tag, what should be the ideal resale price for a 1 year old Honda Jazz Select (without alloy wheels) 7000km driven approximately and in a very good condition ?
I would peg it at current price of corresponding model minus about 70 - 80 thousand rupees.
Old 21st July 2011, 00:20   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

My room-mate had been to the Aundh ICICI bank for some work -there were some ads put up for auto loans - Vento, Jazz and a few more.

Most interesting point - Auto loan for Jazz was being offered at 0.01% interest rate!!!!

Unfortunately he couldn't get any additional info on this - can anybody confirm the same?
Old 21st July 2011, 10:05   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda has taken component localisation levels for the Jazz facelift to 90%!

Current localisation levels -
  • Honda City = 75% (expectedly raised to 85% after May 2011)
  • Honda Jazz = 75% (facelift will be 90%)
  • Honda Civic = 71 %
  • Honda Accord = 28 %
  • Honda Brio = 80 %
Now that all the existing Jazz Hatchbacks have been sold, the facelifted model of the Honda Jazz is expected to bow in next month. That the facelifted Honda Jazz isn’t going to bring anything majorly new apart from the cosmetics is what a leading Honda dealer in Delhi reveals.

New bumpers both at the front and the rear is what the facelifted Jazz will get apart from a new grille up front. New fog lamps and rear combination lamps are the other new changes in the facelifted Jazz.

On the interiors too, the Jazz will get new seats and door inserts. The instrument console’s backlight will now feature an amber hue to make for a fresher looking layout. While a lot of people are hoping for a 1.5 Liter i-Vtec engine, it is highly unlikely to be offered on the Jazz as a larger capacity engine would mean a higher duty structure.

Therefore, we’re hinging on the 1.2 Liter, 90 Bhp i-Vtec unit to continue to do duty on the facelifted Honda Jazz. For those of you who’ve snapped up the current Honda Jazz at the hugely discounted prices, you needn’t worry about the facelift as it is merely a mid career refresh for the Jazz which doesn’t have any major mechanical changes.

Coming to the price of the facelifted Jazz, it is expected to be a little more than the recently discounted price, somewhere near about the prices of the Hyundai i20.

There are two reasons for this. One: the Honda Jazz has been an abysmal seller for Honda and the facelift offers a good opportunity for Honda to price the Jazz competitively now that the car buyers’ interest in the Jazz has been whetted with the discounted Jazz getting plenty of buyer attention, many of whom who had to return home empty handed as the Jazz clearance sales saw some very brisk action.

Secondly, Honda has been working hard on localizing components for it’s Indian line up and has managed to achieve a 90% localization for the Jazz Hatchback. This means a realignment of prices in the offing, just like Honda did with the All New Honda City’s recent price drop. So, the chances of the facelifted Honda Jazz coming with a price not too dissimilar to the discounted Jazz’s prices remain extremely high. If that happens, the Honda Jazz would indeed be a terrific buy for the sheer quality and practicality it brings into the equation.

SOURCE - Honda Jazz with a facelift coming soon! | IndianCarsBikes.in
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 11:32   #426
BHPian

Guys an update. Got a call from Sundaram and they have confirmed that the new Jazz is getting launched on August 15th. Price would be 25-50k increase from the current discounted price.

Features and look will be same as the new Jazz launched in Malaysia.

Quite contrary, honda had asked ASM to contact customers who had enquired about Jazz and ask them to wait for a bit and enroll them in the same discounted price tag for the face-lifted Jazz.

Palms itching!!!
Old 21st July 2011, 11:43   #427
Senior - BHPian

@dreams: Are they assuring you the same discounted price for the facelifted Jazz? If yes, then that is indeed a good offer.
But I wonder how can they do it, given that there is no clarity on the features/variants and last but not the least, price.

As others told, there are not any major changes - bumpers, grille and tail-lights and may be a rejig of features across the variants.

Personally, I like the current tail lamps much better though the new front bumper looks more sporty.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:14   #428
BHPian

@adimicra
The ASM is not clear on his statement, but that is what he told. Anyways, to rule out the speculation, I am visiting Sundaram this Saturday since my better half wants to have a feel of Jazz.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:29   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
@adimicra
The ASM is not clear on his statement, but that is what he told. Anyways, to rule out the speculation, I am visiting Sundaram this Saturday since my better half wants to have a feel of Jazz.

dre@ms - wait for the new Jazz. A diffrence of 30-40k is worth the wait, this will eventually reflect in the resale.
Mr_Bean is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 12:38   #430
BHPian

@Mr Bean
Yes pal, i am waiting for the face lifted model. Since my better half hadn't had a peep inside Jazz, i am going this Saturday. Will discuss more with ASM too on the speculations.
Old 21st July 2011, 13:35   #431
BHPian

Hi,

Just got to this thread and I'm a bit confused. The Honda India website still shows the higher prices for Jazz that is ~ 7.10 - 7.50 Lakhs. But the City prices it shows are in line with the price cuts which were very well communicated in the media etc.

Did Honda communicate this news just like it did for City? I was out of country last month so perhaps I'm not aware.

Regards,
RS
Old 21st July 2011, 17:50   #432
BHPian

@ronline
No official information on the media/website regards to the discount. But the facebook page confirmed it. The news was spread based on word of mouth.
Old 21st July 2011, 19:35   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Mr Bean
Yes pal, i am waiting for the face lifted model. Since my better half hadn't had a peep inside Jazz, i am going this Saturday. Will discuss more with ASM too on the speculations.
Make sure you call the dealership before popping in for Jazz. Hardly any Jazz cars are left even on display. I was planning to take my mom to see it, but was saved by a last minute call to the dealers here.

Otherwise wait a month and see the new one The feeling of quality and spaciousness is tremendous, so be prepared to extend the budget if home minister says so!

(I hope I don't get infraction for this post too :( )

EDIT: Sometimes the smiles work and sometimes they don't... the sad smiley above is not showing!

Last edited by ani_meher : 21st July 2011 at 19:37.
Old 21st July 2011, 21:03   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys an update. Got a call from Sundaram and they have confirmed that the new Jazz is getting launched on August 15th. Price would be 25-50k increase from the current discounted price.

Features and look will be same as the new Jazz launched in Malaysia.

Quite contrary, honda had asked ASM to contact customers who had enquired about Jazz and ask them to wait for a bit and enroll them in the same discounted price tag for the face-lifted Jazz.

Palms itching!!!
@dreams - any news from the dealer whether the CVT version is also on the cards? If it does come out with an A/T version, I would be seriously tempted.
Old 21st July 2011, 21:19   #435
Senior - BHPian

Lack of a diesel engine is killing Honda inside out.

They will be in lot of trouble if they don't venture into this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks