Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2011, 20:41   #511
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Any idea if the suspension tweaks include some increase to the ground clearance ? If the Price is set right by Honda with the new launch, the only drawback for the Jazz I see is the low GC, and in Bangalore all the speed bumps mean a higher GC is good.
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:41   #512
Senior - BHPian

BS Motoring predicts an Aug 18th launch.
Here is the link -

HOT! All the launches in August 2011

Some not so nice news for all those (that includes yours truly) who expect a CVT version with the face lift.
Come on Honda!!! Get it right this time!

Last edited by wilful : 2nd August 2011 at 09:49.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:22   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Here is the link -

Some not so nice news for all those (that includes yours truly) who expect a CVT version with the face lift.
I got call from the Honda dealer yesterday, and he pretty much told me the same things listed in the link you pointed to. However he said he has no idea on the price as yet.Cars are expected to be in the showroom late this week.
paragpatankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:53   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the link -

Some not so nice news ..Come on Honda!!! Get it right this time!
An increase of 20k on the discounted price (as someone earlier has mentioned) will be a good price. If not, then my confusion clears up and it makes sense to put money on a City. Even if the City comes with a facelift later ( mentioned somewhere else on T-BHP), I will not regret buying the current version at the deals available.

Anyways, all this is conjuncture at this point. Lack of official communication from Honda is really making life difficult for new car buyer.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:03   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful
Here is the link -

The pricing as predicted on the website is disastrous. A 7.1 lakh ex showroom pricing for the base will pretty much mean the same fate for jazz even after the facelift :(
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:07   #516
BANNED

I will also love to see an AT version - maybe later than the launch. At one time there was talk of a 1.5AT Jazz which was scuttled. I need a good replacement for my Santro and must be an AT.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:22   #517
BHPian

According to BS Motoring, estimated price is around 7.4 to 8.1Lacs..if this is gonna be true, Jazz sales is again a BIG question mark. Price is a sure dampener.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:18   #518
Senior - BHPian

"India to cut duties on diesel engines and gearboxes from Japan."
The Hindu : Business News : India to cut duties on diesel engines, gearboxes from Japan

I read this yesterday and was wondering if it now makes a difference to their launch plans/variants.
Of course this will have a positive effect on Honda/Toyota/Nissan/Suzuki.
(Mods - am not sure if the link is to be posted here)
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:27   #519
BHPian

Quote:
"India to cut duties on diesel engines and gearboxes from Japan."
The Hindu : Business News : India to cut duties on diesel engines, gearboxes from Japan
Thanks for the link, wilful.

The following line from the above article also seems important enough -

Quote:
India and the 27-nation European Union (EU) have been negotiating hard over a similar pact since June, 2007, which is likely to be concluded by the end of 2011.
Initially Japanese companies may have some advantage, but seems like it will be a win-win situation for all diesel lovers and companies by the next year.

Last edited by aryasanyal : 2nd August 2011 at 12:29.
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:51   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
According to BS Motoring, estimated price is around 7.4 to 8.1Lacs..if this is gonna be true, Jazz sales is again a BIG question mark. Price is a sure dampener.
Surprisingly Honda seems to be more keen on Brio launch & least interested in Jazz sales. 7.4 to 8.1 L is a going back on the pricing which would result in handful Jazz sales.
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:47   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
7.4 to 8.1 L is a going back on the pricing which would result in handful Jazz sales.
Guess then we can expect a discount of the face lifted Jazz as Honda has set such a trend now!

For sure if the indicated price becomes a reality then Jazz would be lesser sales than the earlier version.

Cheers!
Old 2nd August 2011, 22:03   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
Surprisingly Honda seems to be more keen on Brio launch & least interested in Jazz sales. 7.4 to 8.1 L is a going back on the pricing which would result in handful Jazz sales.
i dont quiet think the predictions on the website will hold good. Honda has learnt what a price cut can do to its sales in the absence of a diesel. Look at the July numbers for the city! It is not going to mess it all up again.

besides, numerous talks by members with honda dealers has hinted the price would be only about 30-40k higher than the discounted price.

although i would agree with the launch date of 18th august, right on the heels of the swift, and probably use that to come to the final pricing for the jazz.
Old 3rd August 2011, 07:11   #523
BHPian

Why is Honda waiting for Swift to be launched & decide on the pricing?
Honda was never known to be price conscious when competing against MSIL or Hyundai.
Honda was always in the Premium Hatch category & secondly MSIL will continue to use Swift to gain numbers in the Hatch segment, which is not the mantra of Honda Jazz.
It could be possible that Swift would be competent with Brio & Honda wants to position the pricing without overlapping the Jazz pricing.
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:17   #524
BHPian

I just hope we are not in for a shocker of a price as happened on the new Ford Fiesta thread ( 100 plus pages before the launch itself and then a massive letdown).

Got a call from Linkway Honda. The prices will be closer to the discounted prices, but the salesguy said that this was only verbal communication and did not even give a ball park figure. News on minor cosmetic tweaks remains the same.

Apex Honda said that the new interiors would be Beige... If thats true, its sad, as I was really keen on the blue/black upholstry of the Jazz X.

Hopefully only 2 more weeks to go. The waiting reminds me of the night before my birthday as a kid!
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:58   #525
Senior - BHPian

Yes - somehow I feel we are in for a big let down (I know this is pessimistic but...). The changes will be cosmetic and the price will be unappetising (notwithstanding the shock clearance sale price). The Brio will be in the 4 to 6 lac range and the Jazz will be in the 6.5 to 8.5 range. I think the focus is on Brio and hence Jazz will be a sideshow. More's the pity.:(
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks