Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 18:52   #571
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

I'm jut adding what the guys in Kottayam had to tell me today:

- New Jazz launching on the 18th
- Beige interiors
- Top model will be Select (X to be discontinued)
- Select to retail at 6.5 lac OTR !!!???
- No idea about ACC
- Two cars will arrive at the dealership by 18th. One shall be the test car and I was given the option to request the colour of my choice!! Told him I shall make my decision once the car is out in flesh.
Old 8th August 2011, 19:14   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
I'm jut adding what the guys in Kottayam had to tell me today:

- New Jazz launching on the 18th
- Beige interiors
- Top model will be Select (X to be discontinued)
- Select to retail at 6.5 lac OTR !!!???
- No idea about ACC
- Two cars will arrive at the dealership by 18th. One shall be the test car and I was given the option to request the colour of my choice!! Told him I shall make my decision once the car is out in flesh.
pure speculation i am sure. a few posts back it was posted that X will be launched and probably a XMT also! only thing which seems constant across all this is the 18th August Launch

6.5L OTR for select sounds delicious but highly improbable as it will almost be the same as the discounted outgoing model.
Old 8th August 2011, 19:59   #573
BHPian

So lets tally the common points mentioned in this thread:
(Add on if I miss some)

- Aug 18th launch
- Beige interiors
- New Titanium colour

What we're not sure of is the pricing and the models.

The 6.5 my dealer mentioned must be the ex showroom price, which wil translate to ~ 7.2 - 7.3 lac OTR. Decent.

The price difference between select and X was some 50-60k. That'll make the new X (if launched) retail at 7.8 - 7.9 lac OTR.
Now isn't that going back to square one for Honda?? Pricing has to be spot on with the new Swift also launching on more or less the same date! Can hardly wait!!
Old 8th August 2011, 22:44   #574
BHPian

^^ Add the Select model to be the Top end model. This was told to me by my dealer too. I assume, Honda is going to stick with only one variant and that would be fully loaded atleast for this month launch. More variants would be launched at a later stage.

And I am loving the urban titanium color. Hunted this down from the Honda UK website
Attached Thumbnails
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-urbantitanium.jpg  

Last edited by dre@ms : 8th August 2011 at 22:49.
dre@ms is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 23:18   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms
^^ Add the Select model to be the Top end model. This was told to me by my dealer too. I assume, Honda is going to stick with only one variant and that would be fully loaded atleast for this month launch. More variants would be launched at a later stage.
how does this work? once more variants are introduced, features are taken off the earlier fully loaded variant or new features are added like ACC.
Old 9th August 2011, 09:32   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I guess if there is a mismatch then yes, it would not work well.

However the i10 A/T has no such probs (of being sluggish) despite being mated to a 1.2 engine. If Honda does bring the CVT/AT version of the Jazz, I'm sure it would be matched to the engine perfectly and would work efficiently.
i10 is a smaller car. So a 1.2 engine is strong for its standards and can take an AT. Look at the i20, they had to bring in a 1.4 for the AT against the 1.2 for MT. I have read some people complain about the lack of power in Jazz sometimes. So an AT with 1.2 would probably make it very sluggish.

I surely hope they bring in a CVT/AT, but if they do it with 1.4/1.5 engine, price would be prohibitive I guess. Holding back on my ANHC/Vento AT purchase till the Jazz release. If a miracle happens, and they come with a well priced Jazz AT, I am a prospective customer.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:36   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
how does this work? once more variants are introduced, features are taken off the earlier fully loaded variant or new features are added like ACC.
Seriously I am not sure. I conveyed the message here what was told to me by the ASM. I do not know whether its a cooked in story or their speculation. Whatever, all our queries and prayers will be answered in the next 9 days. Move days..move.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:50   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
i10 is a smaller car. So a 1.2 engine is strong for its standards and can take an AT. Look at the i20, they had to bring in a 1.4 for the AT against the 1.2 for MT. I have read some people complain about the lack of power in Jazz sometimes. So an AT with 1.2 would probably make it very sluggish.

I surely hope they bring in a CVT/AT, but if they do it with 1.4/1.5 engine, price would be prohibitive I guess. Holding back on my ANHC/Vento AT purchase till the Jazz release. If a miracle happens, and they come with a well priced Jazz AT, I am a prospective customer.
The AT technology is different compared to CVT. The later being more advanced & you will not find any lack of power with a 1.2 mil.

I'm in the same boat as you
Waiting for the miracle & delaying purchase of ANHC AT till 18th August.
Honda official website still talks about the old Jazz which is no longer available for booking unlike MSIL which has update their Swift site.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:12   #579
BHPian

Recession recession. The time has come for auto prices to take a hit, especially petrol cars !

Good news for buyers ! Can never beat a Honda !
Old 9th August 2011, 12:20   #580
BHPian

Just a few more days of waiting hopefully. After that its a toss up between the waiting period for the new swift vs the price of the new Jazz!!
Old 9th August 2011, 12:25   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
The AT technology is different compared to CVT. The latter being more advanced & you will not find any lack of power with a 1.2 mil.

I'm in the same boat as you
Waiting for the miracle & delaying purchase of ANHC AT till 18th August.
Honda official website still talks about the old Jazz which is no longer available for booking unlike MSIL which has update their Swift site.
Hey! since we are in same boat, Jazz AT or ANHC AT, mind teaming up? Read in the other new car price thread that teaming up gets us better deals.
Unfortunately both of us cannot PM. Any idea on how we can team up if you are interested?

Mods, Sorry for being OT.
Old 9th August 2011, 13:05   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
So lets tally the common points mentioned in this thread:
(Add on if I miss some)

- Aug 18th launch
- Beige interiors
- New Titanium colour
Got a call from my dealer with further information. He says its concrete as dealer training has started for the car.

The 3 points mentioned below was confirmed. In Addition below:
- Chrome highlight on the tail as in the city
- USB and Alloys standard across models
- Auto fold mirrors (dunno if standard)
- Interior lighting all to orange (dealer said red but i think its orange)
- No AT
- Back seat to be reclianable

He says there will be a X and a version higher than that. total of 3 versions will be launched.
funkyp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 14:35   #583
BHPian

This thread has gone on and on for 39 pages, it's time we keep this thread closed until concrete information is received from Honda on August 18th
Old 9th August 2011, 14:49   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
This thread has gone on and on for 39 pages, it's time we keep this thread closed until concrete information is received from Honda on August 18th
I dont agree with you. For prospective jazz owners like me this is the only source of information to be had on the launch. Although nothing is official, bits of information keeps trickling in. Knowing about new arrivals before it is made public by the company is one of the USPs of being on T-BHP. If the thread should be closed, so should the swift launch thread and the other launch speculation (nothing officially revealed by the company).

The 39 pages have been written since the price cut on the now discontinued Jazz when members were trying to get the latest information/deals to be had. Also discussing how the cut would reflect on Honda's crediblity etc etc.

PS: this is only my view on why this thread should not be closed. If the mods think otherwise, please go ahead and lock it up.
Old 9th August 2011, 15:14   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
The following are the key changes:

a. Interiors: Beige and Black
b. Blue color - both Light and Navy - is being discontinued. New color is Chocolate - Urban Titanium is the new color.
c. USB Port in all the models
d. Adjustable reclining position to be available for the back seats
e. Driver seat is height adjustable (I think in all the models)
f. Changes to front and back bumpers
g. Select and X are going to continue. Not sure, however as to how many models and variants will be present.
h. It appears that a new model - XMT - is being launched. In this model, the ORVMs will be fully rectractable / foldable similar to some of the other cars such as (I think)i20.
i. New head lights.
j. No ACC, that is what I understand

Coming, as speculated in all other posts, by mid August. I think the changes are really for the good. No info on the prices, though. Let us wait and watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Got a call from my dealer with further information. He says its concrete as dealer training has started for the car.

The 3 points mentioned below was confirmed. In Addition below:
- Chrome highlight on the tail as in the city
- USB and Alloys standard across models
- Auto fold mirrors (dunno if standard)
- Interior lighting all to orange (dealer said red but i think its orange)
- No AT
- Back seat to be reclianable

He says there will be a X and a version higher than that. total of 3 versions will be launched.
So some matching details between what my source mentioned and what your source has provided .

This thread should not get closed not because quite a bit of useful information has passed across and many TBHP members are making and taking their huge car buying decision based on information. If that is stopped, then I would think that the forum is not serving its purpose. For instance I came to know about the huge discounts provided from this forum only and am sure quite a few others. It would be a disservice if this thread gets closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks