Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 15:48   #766
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

This has put my new car decision in Jeopardy and confusion. I was about to book Swift ZDI but my all time favorite car Jazz is much more improved and affordable.
Old 18th August 2011, 15:50   #767
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

This seems to be the fastest moving thread on the Forum today! Everyone's excited and happy that the best hatch in India just got affordable and can finally boast of the VFM tag that it sorely lacked.

However, I hope Honda is watching this thread closely.

The Jazz is still an incomplete car. It requires two essential elements:

- An Automatic Transmission.

- Automatic Climate Control. C'mon Honda, if Hyundai and Maruti can give it on the i10 and the Swift respectively, then what's stopping you'll?
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 15:50   #768
BHPian

Fantastic pricing. Nice to see honda moving aggresively and directly taking care of the only drawback the Jazz had till date: the pricing.
I hope current Jazz owners are not disheartened by the news. The product staying in the market is more important than anything else, me thinks. Well, at least that's the logic I used to console myself for the ANHC price cut
avisidhu is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 15:53   #769
BHPian

Wow, I seriously did not expect Honda to do this. RIP i20
I have always liked the way Jazz looked right from the time i saw it in sg. I was so excited when it was launched here. But as everyone else was, i was disappointed with the pricing.We have a serious, real and affordable premium hatch now..
sethuv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 15:53   #770
BHPian

Ooh, this is so tempting!

The only thing stopping me is the choice of a Ritz VDI(ABS) (with aftermarket alloys, tyre upgrades and music system) and a Pete's Box.

The on-road price will be approximately the same as the Jazz select (~Rs.6.5l), but I will get Diesel F.E. as well. The car will mostly be used in the city with maybe two long trips in a year.

What does the forum think?
Old 18th August 2011, 16:00   #771
Senior - BHPian

@Anoop.mathew When it comes to choices, there is no hard and fast rule. I do not have running which warrants a diesel car, but still I got Grande Punto MJD because I love the way the car drives and I love diesels. But if Jazz was offered at this price when I brought my Punto, I would have been seriously tempted to buy it - I know there is no rational explanation, but that is the way mind works.

If I were you, I will get Jazz Select instead of Ritz VDi
Old 18th August 2011, 16:02   #772
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
Ooh, this is so tempting!

The only thing stopping me is the choice of a Ritz VDI(ABS) (with aftermarket alloys, tyre upgrades and music system) and a Pete's Box.

The on-road price will be approximately the same as the Jazz select (~Rs.6.5l), but I will get Diesel F.E. as well. The car will mostly be used in the city with maybe two long trips in a year.

What does the forum think?
You can't even begin to compare the two.

Test drive the Jazz and you'll realize why it's way ahead of the pack. The sheer space it has on the inside, that smooth, very refined 1.2 engine and now, the mouth-watering price.

If you do over 10,000 km a year, then look for a diesel car. (You have a few options like the new Swift, the Ritz, the i20, the Punto, etc.) If not, shut your eyes and buy the Jazz.
Old 18th August 2011, 16:02   #773
BHPian

Here is the brochure from Honda website.

Overall the pricing looks very good with the slighly upgraded / enhanced features. Agreed with Suhas when he says that the car is incomplete without ACC. An Auto transmission would have been great. But this re-launch would see many more Jazz's on the road and and the existing Jazz owners need not have to worry about Jazz being phased out (which was the case sometime back).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jazz-Brochure.pdf (2.50 MB, 2801 views)

Last edited by aaren : 18th August 2011 at 16:04. Reason: Corrected few points.
Old 18th August 2011, 16:04   #774
BHPian

If anyone get a chance to visit the dealership to see the new car in flesh, please post pictures of the variants and colours.

eagerly waiting for OTR prices for mumbai. dealers say they are likely to receive it by today evening.
Old 18th August 2011, 16:11   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
If anyone get a chance to visit the dealership to see the new car in flesh, please post pictures of the variants and colours.

eagerly waiting for OTR prices for mumbai. dealers say they are likely to receive it by today evening.

I did visit Hallmark Honda in Navi Mumbai and the car was being prepared for display that was the reason i was not allowed to take pictures of the car.

Peronally i did not like the new Beige interiors in the new Jazz Or may be i am to used to the old interiors.
Old 18th August 2011, 16:15   #776
Team-BHP Support

My brother and myself have been looking out for second hand Jazz in Bangalore and the prices are something like Rs. 5.5 lacs to Rs. 6.5 lacs for 1 to 2 year old car.

What are the chances of us getting beaten up if we approach the sellers with the new Jazz price list and ask them to reduce their prices?
Old 18th August 2011, 16:22   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
What are the chances of us getting beaten up if we approach the sellers with the new Jazz price list and ask them to reduce their prices?
Very likely.
Better wear the black helmet "Hera Pheri" style and then approach.

I am really feeling bad about the existing owners. They will never forgive Honda.

But I am curious. I agree that Honda was making insane profits on whatever little Jazz they sold. But still there has to be some cost cutting somewhere for this new price. Where exactly? Waiting for some updations on the official review thread of Jazz.
Old 18th August 2011, 16:43   #778
Distinguished - BHPian

Any suggestion on an equipment level between the Polo1.6 and Jazz X variant?

Have to decide between the two, welcome any thoughts on the same.

Cheers!
Old 18th August 2011, 16:48   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Any suggestion on an equipment level between the Polo1.6 and Jazz X variant?

Have to decide between the two, welcome any thoughts on the same.

Cheers!
TDed both cars.

The Polo 1.6 has a more powerful engine going for it.
The Jazz is more spacious ( the rear tunnel is not as pronounced as the Polo , so better seating), and has steering mounted controls. I also do not remember USB on the Polo when I TDed it.

The cabin "felt" more premium in the Jazz, ( personal opinion ).
sraye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 16:48   #780
BHPian

^^ Cant compare as Jazz with current price is excellent. I would advice you to go for Jazz. There is no other Car in India which can provide practicality and space like Jazz and you wont be disappointed. Jazz offers more mileage even though it may not be your concern it will help you. Jazz Owners "Adimicra and others" are having hassle free ownership and hence my vote is for Jazz.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 18th August 2011 at 16:53.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks