Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 18:00   #796
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
It seems like I will have to bring out my 30K Jazz review to bring you back into non City territory. But honestly speaking, I couldnt be bothered any less about Honda sales

No offence meant to you buddy.
None taken, my friend.

I feel bad for you, Adi and many others who bought the Jazz, specially within the past one year or thereabouts on that very inflated price. I was just thinking of all those Jazz owners who bought their Jazzes in March-April-May 2011 - they must be utterly crushed right now.

(May - 170, April - 112, March - 152)

Even those 400 who bought one in February 2011, and 572 in January 2011!!

That's a total of over 1400 loyal Jazz customers in those 5 months preceding the Cash Discounts!! (not counting the ones like our Selfdrive who bought it pre-owned during this period)

Honda has dished out cruel injustice to them and should address this issue quickly through organising a Customer-Company Meet or something. Maybe pass off some benefits like free servicings, free accessories, etc. Something which can soothe their raw wounds right now. Or else the brand is in danger of losing it's "exclusivity and recommended" status by all it's loyal customers who always bought a Honda disregarding the premium they charged for their cars and A.S.S.

The chances are pretty dim, but I hope that someone from Honda is reading this as I post it, and does something about this.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th August 2011 at 18:09.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 18:01   #797
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Anyone in the market for a petrol hatch can buy the Jazz eyes closed! From the ownership reviews its clear that the car is relatively trouble free! With the pricing taken care of its also VFM now!
Old 18th August 2011, 18:05   #798
BHPian

The comparision of hatchbacks in India thread should be updated with the new launches. would be interesting to see, what features are new/removed at which is the most loaded 6-7L car in india now.

EDIT: Interesting also that many car variants with higher segment features in them, are discontinued in India, or the lower variants rebadged as higher ones (e.g i20 Asta O, original Fabia Elegance, original i10 Asta O, Octavia/Laura petrol Elegance). VFM factor is driving creature comforts away, and the feature comparison threads could have the discontinues variants/versions to make this apparent.

Last edited by nipunkul : 18th August 2011 at 18:09.
Old 18th August 2011, 18:19   #799
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
As for me, I have decided to wait a little further. The City has caught my fancy lately (thanks to all the wonderful ownership threads by charthom, mdsaab, RemingtonSteele, Bluevolt, etc.), and the new City facelift is due after the Brio launch. Jazz's prices are here to stay, so there's no harm in waiting a little further and see if Honda surprises us again with the prices of the City facelift. Fingers crossed. ;-)
Well, if you are not in hurry, then no harm in waiting. But maybe this is the only market where you can buy a Jazz at a cheaper prize than the City.
City is a great car, but If you are considering a petrol hatch, there is nothing better than this IMHO
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 18:22   #800
BHPian

This is really great move and a great car now suddenly becomes VFM.
i20 will be biggest hit.....

so now jazz and city are now with right price lets see if same thing happens with civic as well....
Old 18th August 2011, 18:22   #801
BHPian

Guys,

I have a question about Jazz.
Does it have the Lumbar support, which IIRC was missing in last generation of Honda Jazz?

Did anyone had a chance to see or test this?
Old 18th August 2011, 18:32   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Precisely.

I believe that Honda might do the same thing with the Brio's petrol engine. A down-sized 3-pot, 1 litre engine borrowed from the Jazz, or perhaps just a simple de-tune.

I sincerely hope they don't lob off a cylinder in the process. Hondas is known for their refinement and a 3-pot lump will be everything but refined. Besides, leave the 3-potters to Maruti and VW. They're probably better at it!

IMO, what Honda should have ideally done is introduced the new Jazz with the City's 1.5 heart, de-tuned to produce 100 horses, and use the current Jazz's 1.2 in the Brio.

And, I reckon that ATs are the way forward these days. Honda would have done well if they had introduced auto-trannys in their smaller cars.
Actually, come to think of it, the Brio might find the 1.5 i-DTEC too heavy (and too hot) to handle. I am guessing they will de-tune it to maybe a 1.3 mill (like the MJDs), or even better a 1.0 litre indigenously developed one. But for that they will have to go back to the drawing board and the Brio might be left till 2014-15 to wait for a diesel mill.

Hence I have the feeling that the detuned 1.5 will do duty in the Brio, just like the detuned 1.2 petrol of the Jazz is doing duty in the Brio.

And I totally agree with the part you said, in bold.

Yes, Honda is missing out on an important segment by not bringing out an AT/CVT option. This was the most opportune time to introduce a Jazz AT at roughly 6.4-6.5L price, and it would have sold in pretty decent numbers. They missed out on a trick for sure. Urban commuters would have jumped at the AT option. Too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Well, if you are not in hurry, then no harm in waiting. But maybe this is the only market where you can buy a Jazz at a cheaper prize than the City.
City is a great car, but If you are considering a petrol hatch, there is nothing better than this IMHO
Indeed.

Well, let's put it this way - if I finalise a hatch, it will be the Jazz, and if I go for a sedan, it will be the City.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th August 2011 at 18:41.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 18:33   #803
Senior - BHPian

Ok - here's a question that comes to mind.
These are the i20 Delhi prices --
i20 Era 459,205
i20 Magna 499,205
i20 Sportz Option 527,676
i20 Sportz 542,706
i20 Asta 584,208
i20 1.2L Asta (O) With Sunroof 629,164
i
20 Asta with AVN 635,707
i20 1.4L Asta AT 759,754 i20
1.4L Asta AT with AVN 815,754

Now with the Jazz being priced as it is, do you all foresee a price adjustment in the i20 versions? A price war so to speak?

Last edited by wilful : 18th August 2011 at 18:34. Reason: Typo
Old 18th August 2011, 18:45   #804
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I feel bad for you, Adi and many others who bought the Jazz, specially within the past one year or thereabouts on that very inflated price. I was just thinking of all those Jazz owners who bought their Jazzes in March-April-May 2011 - they must be utterly crushed right now.

(May - 170, April - 112, March - 152)

Even those 400 who bought one in February 2011, and 572 in January 2011!!

That's a total of over 1400 loyal Jazz customers in those 5 months preceding the Cash Discounts!! (not counting the ones like our Selfdrive who bought it pre-owned during this period)

Honda has dished out cruel injustice to them and should address this issue quickly through organising a Customer-Company Meet or something. Maybe pass off some benefits like free servicings, free accessories, etc. Something which can soothe their raw wounds right now. Or else the brand is in danger of losing it's "exclusivity and recommended" status by all it's loyal customers who always bought a Honda disregarding the premium they charged for their cars and A.S.S.

The chances are pretty dim, but I hope that someone from Honda is reading this as I post it, and does something about this.
I know what you mean.

We bought our Jazz back in May '10. It's been a little over a year now. We don't feel very good about it. The worst part is that the price of the car with all the accessories we decided to kit it up with was in excess of 9 lakhs.

Our first bullet wound was when Honda started offering accessory-packages at heavily discounted rates and other freebies.

But I can well and truly understand Honda's plight here. I am a Honda loyalist and it saddened me that they had created a rut for themselves by slapping the Jazz with a ridiculous tag. They tried, desperately, to sell a car at a hopeless price. It was 'bout time Honda understood the tricks of the trade here in the Indian car market.

This might be sour grapes, but I'm glad that Honda continues to sell the Jazz and that production won't be stopped any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
It's mentioned in the very same post you've quoted. From GTO's review of the Jazz. It's there to refer to, in the Official car review section.

But of course, if the car is able to perform well in the highway too, then good for it.

What? You're not aware of any other hatchback that can be remarkably stable, have great highway manners, is also silent, seat 4 comfortably and carry 300 litres of luggage? I invite you to drive my Fabia '1.4 petrol' to confirm the car can satisfy all of this. What the fabia cannot do, is return very high fuel efficiency. What it can do, is trip most hatchbacks in top speed. The stability, handling and highway manners are the most strongest points of this car.

In any case, I'm happy to see reports of Jazz doing well on highways and returning high mileage. I've always known of the other advantages of this car [including largest bootspace in a hatchback]. This could potentially be my next car.

Cheers,
aK
Well, it isn't the best highway car around, definitely. But it certainly is very good for a hatch. The Fabia, I believe, was the only exception. But it failed to meet few criteria. It lacks the boot space that the Jazz has, and can never deliver the sort of fuel-efficiency that the Jazz can. Perhaps two very important attributes you look for in a highway car, apart from stability of course.

The face-lifted Fusion diesel was a great highway car as well. It had chunky tyres, a big boot, sipped the dirty fuel, seated it's 4/5 occupants in decent comfort, and even boasts of big ground-clearance which is an added bonus for a highway-driven car in India. GC is something that the Jazz rates poorly in.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 18:48   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Wow!... mouth watering prices indeed. In my opinion, it seems such a better option than a sedan now, given the pricing and the utility of the vehicle.
That's very true indeed. Makes a whole lot of sense and a brilliant buy. Get the goodness of a sedan space in a city friendly hatch. And of course the Honda reliability.
Old 18th August 2011, 18:54   #806
BHPian

With the new Jazz pricing and the earlier cut in ANHC price, Honda seems to have completed one set of correction cycle. Although the reaction was late, it's in correct direction.

Now, it's turn of Civic and CRV.

I hope, Honda keeps the Brio price right at launch itself and future Brio owners do not have to go through the "price-cut" syndrome (like me for ANHC, although it lasted for a day).
Ram_NP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 18:58   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
GC is something that the Jazz rates poorly in.
I was about to send you a PM asking the same. My friend just cancelled his Swift booking and going for Jazz. He drives frequently to North Kerala (BLR-MYS-HUNSUR-GONIKOPPA-VIRAJPET-KANNUR). Highlighted stretch road condition is very bad and my tiny spark struggles and but in Swift it is some what OK.

Jazz has longer wheel base and low GC comparing to Swift, Is it going to be a bad decision ditching swift and going for Jazz? Have you driven your Jazz on bad roads (means really bad). How is the suspension set up, is it soft?
Old 18th August 2011, 19:08   #808
BHPian

Der Aae Durust Aae!
Well done Honda. Excellent Pricing for the most practical hatchback in Indian market (IMO). Even the base model comes with dual airbags, ABS, EBD, Music system with USB, rear wash, wipe, defogger.

I wonder how much profit Honda was making with this car by overpricing it so much earliear.
Old 18th August 2011, 19:10   #809
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Killer blow by Honda, though some disappointment is valid for existing jazz owners, but then they bought the car at the value they thought was worth at that time and with changing times and more competition MANY things lower in price not only cars. Why blame Honda for that?
I think Honda is going to get flak, first from honda haters, now from loyalists- even though they are doing their best move now.
Would love to see the honda haters who cried for their blood on all monthly sales thread (if they are one of the buyers now), or at least their reaction.Either ways, honda has proved that they are a brand not to be messed around with and will do what needs be to protect their ground
Punto and Linea worst hit for sure(due to Jazz and City) and then Polo. Hyundai having farther reach and lower cost of ownership impression may take a lesser hit

Last edited by mkh : 18th August 2011 at 19:12.
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 19:12   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Honda is missing out on an important segment by not bringing out an AT/CVT option. This was the most opportune time to introduce a Jazz AT at roughly 6.4-6.5L price, and it would have sold in pretty decent numbers. They missed out on a trick for sure. Urban commuters would have jumped at the AT option. Too bad.
@RavenAvi.
I spoke to the ASM today on the possibility of AT/CVT Jazz in future. He acknowledged that Jazz will come out with AT (not sure if it will be CVT) once they get a good response of the face-lifted version. However it is not planned for this year. Most of the Honda resources are concentrating on the Brio.
So it was a Sweet n Sour feeling.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks