Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 22:17   #826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Images from the launch -

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift2.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift1.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift4.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift3.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift5.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift6.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift7.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift10.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift9.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift12.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift8.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift14.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift13.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift15.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift16.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift19.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift20.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift21.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift11.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift22.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazz18.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazz17.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled2.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled3.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled4.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled5.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled6.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled7.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled8.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th August 2011 at 22:45.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 22:25   #827
BHPian

The pricing of the Jazz is great news! Swift will be dethroned now. Personally, I prefer the current Jazz looks to the new one, new one front looks a bit ugly IMO. they have overstyled it. Coming to ride, yes Jazz is a bit bumpy on bad roads but no comparison to the swift. The swift ride is pathetic to say the least. The way it jolts you is shocking. Even on straight roads its bad. It feels as if u are driving on stones.. I'm talking about the old swift, but heard new one is pretty much the same.
Old 18th August 2011, 22:31   #828
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
With a mouth-watering on-road price of about Rs 6.2L for the base Jazz model -- which incidentally has an impressive list of features -- and given its excellent comfort and interior cabin/boot space, how many would still want to consider petrol sedans like Etios/Manza/Dzire?

Very true, I agree. Finally, Honda seems to get its pricing strategy right. 5.5L - 6.06L ex- Delhi means the Liva, and even the petrol Swift look poorer deals. The base Jazz S is well equipped- ABS, airbags, USB stereo & power mirrors, missing out only driver seat height adjuster, ACC and alloys when compared to the Swift ZXi and just alloys when compared to the Liva V, both priced at 5.5L ex- showroom Delhi. The Swift has a "legacy" advantage, but the Liva seems pretty pointless as its interiors look poor, and doesn't have power mirrors or similar kit.
Old 18th August 2011, 22:34   #829
BHPian

wow, that orange in the LCD displays is really disgusting. its like the dash has open wounds.

I wonder if it will be possible to swap out the old white and blue items into a new jazz.
Old 18th August 2011, 22:42   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
It is all about localization. Honda already mentioned that they have increased localization in the Jazz significantly - now if they manage to localize only a few expensive components, that in itself reduces the price by a huge amount - imports are taxed heavily in our country, plus it is already expensive to manufacture it in Japan. Now its a different story on how will the local part compare with the quality Japanese components of the outgoing model. Hopefully Honda had taken care of the quality. They might have cut corners at a few places to reduce price - nobody expects Honda to advertise that part, guess we will know soon from markets or TBHP review!

Don't agree on the insane profits on old Jazz earlier. Remember profits are hugely dependent on volumes. They just did not sell enough Jazz to justify even the production, forget insane profits. At older prices and volumes, Jazz was in a serious risk of being taken off the Indian market. That would have been a shame, hats off to honda for working hard to reduce the prices and giving us a gem of a product at a price that gives it a fighting chance. For existing owners, it is more important that the model survives - what would the resale value of an discontinued model be? Plus, if you love the car, why look at the current price - it is not a stock that you can sell after all. Jazz will now eat up Swift Petrol (see just no reason to go for it now), i20, Polo and all. I just can't wait to see more of these beauties on our roads .
Excellent response.. Apart from localization and volumes, it has to do with fuel prices as well. Honda is back, and how!!
With diesel engines planned in next 12-18 months, they are going to be a mass player nodoubt.

Whats with Civic prices now? Surely, it can sell more if prices are tweaked!
Old 18th August 2011, 22:45   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Images from the launch -
Thanks for the photographs.

What are your initial impressions about the ANHJ, RavenAvi ?
Old 18th August 2011, 22:51   #832
Senior - BHPian

Wow! New Jazz looks grrreat!!! IMO, it looks better than previous one. And at these prices, it is even more worth. If only they had launched an AT version too. It will effect i20 and Liva very very badly, I presume.
Old 18th August 2011, 22:54   #833
BHPian

I am not sure why few of you are despising the orange lights in Jazz, they look okayish. Plus seeing things in pictures and in practical are vastly different.
I am sure lights will grow on most of owners.

Looks also look perfectly ok. Practicality of the Car is more important than how it looks. Example is toyota vehicles which are not the best lookers, but are high on practicality.

Ab kya itne paiso me jaan loge kya Honda ki? :P
Old 18th August 2011, 23:16   #834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Thanks for the photographs.

What are your initial impressions about the ANHJ, RavenAvi ?
You are welcome.

At this pricing, the ANHJ is impossible to beat in the petrol segment, IMO. It should eat the competition for lunch and not even burp. The biggest dents it will create will be in the Liva's, Punto's and Micra's sales (not like all 3 cars were bestsellers, anyway), and cause a lot of worry for the new Swift, Polo and i20.

Suddenly, the best petrol hatch in the country has become affordable, and how!
Old 18th August 2011, 23:20   #835
Senior - BHPian

This is pre-Diwali bonanza from Honda.

Well I just logged in after a while and was surprised to know the Jazz's new pricing.

Honda, you are back on track. No one will be able to catch up with Honda once it brings diesel mill to all their cars.

A Honda Jazz at 5.5 Lacs ex showroom is seriously killing pricing. I am just waiting to see next two month sales figures, it will shoot like anything.
Old 18th August 2011, 23:27   #836
BHPian

Honda really means business errr...volumes now ! What a master stroke ! Had they done it year back I would have seriously thought hard about it. I really had my eyes set on the ANHC, but the price was 'no-go', I would happily bought the Jazz at this price. Any Honda is such a temptation!
Old 18th August 2011, 23:30   #837
BHPian

Owning a car with a Honda badge on it makes the owner feel proud and also has some status attached to it. At this killer price it will be a king of the market. Well done honda

It will be interesting to see the sales figure for the month of September if not august.
Old 18th August 2011, 23:36   #838
BHPian

Orange or white.... flashy looks or normal....
This car will sell now......

This is definitely a better brand than others ans Liva is no comparison it feels cheap the moment u enter inside.

Just check Overdrives ultimate hatchback test

There are 2 more parts of this video and you will get all your answers about suspension, ride quality, power and drive comfort......
Old 18th August 2011, 23:52   #839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
A Honda Jazz at 5.5 Lacs ex showroom is seriously killing pricing. I am just waiting to see next two month sales figures, it will shoot like anything.
I have been doing some simple math, BV.

The Swift has consistently been touching 10K figures every month before July 2011.

As the presentation during the new Swift launched stated, DDiS vs VVT was in the proportion of 80:20.

That's 8K diesel Swifts and 2K petrol Swifts, per month.

Now, the 2K petrol Swift enthusiasts will come to know that they can own a Jazz at the price of a Swift. A Honda for a Maruti! (no offence to Maruti and Swift loyalists here)

If even 50% of those prospecting customers are diverted towards the new Jazz (let's call it ANHJ for easier reference *thanks Aaren*), that's a monthly sales of 1K for the ANHJ already, and only from the Swift's monthly sales!

i20, Polo, Punto, Liva, Micra, etc., might see similar diversions.

(Mind you, I am only talking about the petrol sales here)

Overall, I expect the ANHJ to settle in at around 1.5K-2K monthly sales from now on.

Even a drop to about 1K per month in the lean months will be good. Anything less than a four-figure mark in monthly sales will simply not be acceptable from now on.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th August 2011 at 23:55.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 00:00   #840
Senior - BHPian

The stereo lcd light has changed from colourless to orange.

All I would care about though is the usb port and reclining rear seats. Rest I can live with even with the price drop.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 19th August 2011 at 00:02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed