Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 10:33   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
These above features are in addition to other safety/comfort features.

Now, had Honda introduced an ultra basic variant with only PS/AC and none of the above features, with a price tag of about Rs 5-Rs 5.5L (onroad) -- something like the Etios E/G variant) --
Jazz base varient is comparable to the top end versions of other cars, and then its further iterations take it even ahead. I too think, that the comparisons should be between top versions of Swift/Ritz/i10 and Figo with base or select versions of Jazz.

As per the bare version with just PS & AC, I am happy that Honda is not willing to compromise on safety for volumes. Hated it to the core when Toyota brought Etios and Liva without PS just to have the tagline - Below 5.99L and 3.99L, when they are pretty useless versions. It gives out a false image for comparison with cheaper cars with better features. Kudos to Honda for equally minding safety with features.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:34   #857
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
I went for booking the old Jazz when discounts where there. I don't know i am lucky or unlucky there where no Jazz's available in Chennai and i have to return back. The price quoted by Capital Honda was 6.75 Lacs for Select Edition now for the new price in Chennai(Carwale price) is 6.28 Lacs..
Is the price quoted OTR? Why is there no release of the prices for other states? When is it expected?
Old 19th August 2011, 10:35   #858
BHPian

This is a fantastic move by Honda, though its likely to upset current owners who bought the car at a premium and now see the residual value of their purchase crash by 1.5 L overnight.

It would be interesting to see the impact on the Etios Liva, considering that they both come from reputed Japanese manufacturers and are priced very close to each other. I predict the Liva Petrol will be the big loser here, considering that the Jazz really hasnt got any weaknesses vis a vis Liva.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:45   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Good point. I guess they still want to maintain that premium brand image to a certain extent. They have to consider Brio's positioning as well, which should fit somewhere in 4-5L category.
True, but they could still position the mid-high end Brio alongside the ultra basic Jazz. Something similar to the petrol/diesel variants of Figo/Ritz, etc., where the top end petrol is almost the same as the base diesel variant.

Also, since both cars are quite different in specs, it would not hurt Honda if both are placed alongside each other. Maruti has been doing it with Ritz/Swift, WagonR/Estillo, etc. and is quite happy with the overlapping sales as long as customers remain within the MS tag.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:48   #860
BHPian

Got a text from the Honda Dealer :
" The all new Jazz, with all new interiors, new bumpers, reclining rear seats and usb arrives on 19th August 2011 "

I do not know I might be repeating, thought it might help possible buyers!
Old 19th August 2011, 10:49   #861
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
True, but they could still position the mid-high end Brio alongside the ultra basic Jazz. Something similar to the petrol/diesel variants of Figo/Ritz, etc., where the top end petrol is almost the same as the base diesel variant.
The fact is that there is no 'Ultra Basic' Jazz variant. Even the base variant comes with everything excluding alloys and automatic climate control which are not deal breakers in anyway.
Old 19th August 2011, 11:23   #862
Senior - BHPian

Finally Honda woke up and corrected itself, this could have been done long back, definitely lot many Jazz owners will feel let down by this move.
With lot of parts being localized hope Honda has not compromised on quality aspect, have to see it in the long run.
Definitely all the other petrol hatches will feel the heat.
Old 19th August 2011, 11:37   #863
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz in the showroom ~ First Pics

Dear Team,
as i had written earlier our sales rep had informed me that the facelifted jazz was already on it's way to the showroom.
He also promised a few pics as soon as the car got into the showroom, and boy did he Deliver. A Big thanks to Sagar for sending us the snaps and Fast!

So without further delay, here they are.

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-dsc05924.jpg
A frontal view where you can see the revised front.
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-dsc05925.jpg
Up close you can see that new chrome grille, re-styled front bumper and chin. New headlights too.
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-dsc05926.jpg
The rear with updated tail lights, chrome on the hatch and re-styled rear bumper
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-dsc05927.jpg
A closer look at the re-styled bumper with honey comb type dams. Note. You can see the sales team present in reflection. This is an important launch for Honda.
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-dsc05928.jpg
Not sure of the changes in the front dash, not many i guess. was the position of the rear view mirror adjustment always there?
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-dsc05929.jpg
This picture is a bit blurred so we can't see clearly. There is no ACC for sure. and is that a USB or aux in? my guess is USB.
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-dsc05930.jpg
Beige Interiors as Sagar(our sales rep) expected.
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-dsc05931.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-dsc05932.jpg
A few more exterior snaps.

Mods: I hope i have posted correctly by starting a new thread.
If not, please merge with existing thread.
Sorry for the trouble.
Thanks.

ani-meher ~ this one's for you! Looks like it's about time we get your new wheels then.

Last edited by mdsaab : 19th August 2011 at 11:40.
mdsaab is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 11:42   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
The fact is that there is no 'Ultra Basic' Jazz variant. Even the base variant comes with everything excluding alloys and automatic climate control which are not deal breakers in anyway.
What I meant in my previous post (kindly check it up) is that IF Honda had offered a no-frills Jazz with only PS/AC at about a Rs 5L tag (on road), it could have brought in even more visitors and sales to the Honda showroom. Something that Figo did to Ford.

Last edited by misquitas : 19th August 2011 at 11:44.
Old 19th August 2011, 11:48   #865
BHPian

Thanks for sharing pics, somehow the front grill doesn't seem go well with the car.

But that's just me.
Old 19th August 2011, 11:54   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Thanks for sharing pics, somehow the front grill doesn't seem go well with the car.

But that's just me.
I second that. It gives the car a rather aggressive look. I do not think that's the look Jazz is intended to give.
Old 19th August 2011, 11:57   #867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Thanks for sharing pics, somehow the front grill doesn't seem go well with the car.But that's just me.
+1. The chrome seems out of place. I guess the Jazz X variant grill is the best suited for the Jazz!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 12:01   #868
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the front chrome grill i don't like, in ANHC we had option to upgrade to similar grill, though i never liked it.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:08   #869
Senior - BHPian

Too much of chrome on the front and rear.
Otherwise looks good.
Also they should atleast give an option of people to go for darker interiors. I hate that lighter shade. Jazz and i10 are different.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:15   #870
BHPian

That chrome grille makes way for a body colour grille in the X variant.

Prices for my place are out. Rs. 6.17L ex- showroom for the top end X. Now I am confused over what car I should buy this month. I like the i20 (1.2 Asta @ 5,84,416), am impressed at the new Swift ZXi (Rs. 5,58,764) and now this. Choices, choices!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks