Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 13:27   #886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity
There are no Vehicles at the dealer for display or test drive near to where I stay in the suburbs of Mumbai. Surprisingly they are stating that the vehicle would come only by Tuesday. Just casually asked as to what should be the expected waiting, they mentioned 1.5 months. The booking has just started and already the waiting is 1.5 months? I cannot believe this.
I was told by solitaire Honda in borivali that the display vehicle would come today. Check with them. No idea abt test drive..

The delivery period they must be inflating to get booking amount. Not sure about it though.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:34   #887
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
OTR prices for Mumbai

Jazz select- 678547
Jazz x - 714188
4yrs extended warranty 6200
4yrs rsa 4000

Saw the rallye red select today at hallmark Honda on way to lonavala. Too much chrome on the front grill spoils the looks. If nothing else I might have to pick up x only to avoid that! Even the beige is not upto my taste :(
From where'd you get these prices? Linkway and Solitaire are still clueless about the prices and they still don't have the new cars as yet.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:37   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry

From where'd you get these prices? Linkway and Solitaire are still clueless about the prices and they still don't have the new cars as yet.
I got a message by a sales person fro
Arya Honda Who I was talking with. Had been to solitaire yesterday they said the dp would come today.

OT: hiren if you are picking up the car in Mumbai let's team up. 3 people will get a good deal. Pm me
Old 19th August 2011, 13:47   #889
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post

Edit: Oops!!! You were asking the OTR, damn I should go for a eye checkup.
It's not your eyes dude. You were probably very excited about the new Jazz with much lowered pricing, like many people.

Pricing was the biggest sore point with the old Jazz. Lets hope reduced pricing takes the Jazz sales to awhole new level.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:53   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
Localization is evident from the fact that the MID's are available in Amber colour. Same as Punto / Swift. I like the original MID display of Jazz which was in cool blue.
Original MID is not of blue colour. It is of white colour. I own a Jazz and I visited the show room today morning. I very much liked the MID's colour being changed to Amber/Orange becuase it gels well with the colour of speedo.

But I am not convinced about the Amber/Orange colour in the central console. White colour looks better there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djavalkar View Post
Hi - One very quick questions - Did anyone actually see the new version launched ? Any areas where cost cutting is seen when compared to the previous version ?
What I noticed in the car was that the seat fabric and colour has been changed to the one found in City. It is not exactly beige but very similar to golden colour. May be they are going for economy of scale. I personally liked the colour combination of older version. It gelled well with black colour interior.

Apart from that I did not find any visible thing that cries cost cutting.
rutvij is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 13:57   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
It's not your eyes dude. You were probably very excited about the new Jazz with much lowered pricing, like many people.

Pricing was the biggest sore point with the old Jazz. Lets hope reduced pricing takes the Jazz sales to awhole new level.
You may be right if today was yesterday

I am now completely out of shock and waiting for my 3 colors to arrive showroom. Black, Red and Urban Titanium
Old 19th August 2011, 13:59   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post

What is this standard kit BTW ??
Bumping this question again, What is this Standard Kit? The brochures does not mention anything.
Old 19th August 2011, 14:01   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
That chrome grille makes way for a body colour grille in the X variant.

Prices for my place are out. Rs. 6.17L ex- showroom for the top end X. Now I am confused over what car I should buy this month. I like the i20 (1.2 Asta @ 5,84,416), am impressed at the new Swift ZXi (Rs. 5,58,764) and now this. Choices, choices!
I suggest you leave out the i20. The 80HP i10 engine in a heavy, huge car just won't do justice to Rs 6 lakh. Besides, the Kappa engine is pretty satisfactory when it comes to FE in the i10's case, so don't expect pretty decent FE from the i20.
The Swift 1.2 and Hondas are known to be pretty FE, and are pretty zippy to drive too.

The Jazz @ 90BHP makes things a no brainer.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 19th August 2011 at 14:03.
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 14:03   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Original MID is not of blue colour. It is of white colour. I own a Jazz and I visited the show room today morning. I very much liked the MID's colour being changed to Amber/Orange becuase it gels well with the colour of speedo.

But I am not convinced about the Amber/Orange colour in the central console. White colour looks better there.

What I noticed in the car was that the seat fabric and colour has been changed to the one found in City. It is not exactly beige but very similar to golden colour. May be they are going for economy of scale. I personally liked the colour combination of older version. It gelled well with black colour interior.

Apart from that I did not find any visible thing that cries cost cutting.
I really loved the earlier implementation of the MID but I'm ok with this iteration as well.
Thanks for the comparison, I'm sure most here will be happy to hear that Honda has not cut any corners on the new car.
Now I can't wait to test drive it.
Old 19th August 2011, 14:13   #895
Senior - BHPian

Yes you folks are right, there is probably too much chrome on that short stubby body.
But still i like the pics, and for those who don't like the chrome they will just have to opt for the lower variants, but unfortunately sacrifice a few other features in the bargain.
Or maybe Honda will give an option for another Grille, and hope this will not be in chrome. Pretty much the opposite of what they are doing right now.
The response on this thread is magnificent.
The pics i posted have already gone 3 pages back.
comparing that to the Jetta thread which was moving really slow.
So i am guessing people have a lot of interest in the Jazz.
It was just the price which kept people away.
Now with Honda correcting that, i see good times ahead for them.
Old 19th August 2011, 14:16   #896
Senior - BHPian

OTR prices for bangalore are as follows:

Jazz S: 6,76,000
Jazz Select: 7,06,000
Jazz X: 7,42,000

The dealer still doesn't have the exact break-up between ex-showroom, road tax etc. Should be available by evening is what i was told
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 14:18   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Yes you folks are right, there is probably too much chrome on that short stubby body.
But still i like the pics, and for those who don't like the chrome they will just have to opt for the lower variants, but unfortunately sacrifice a few other features in the bargain.
In the older Jazz, a slate grill as a replacemnet of the mesh grill was available for 4000 including body color painting as an option in Mumbai.

Last edited by dipen : 19th August 2011 at 14:20.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 14:46   #898
Senior - BHPian

Guyz,
I gave my car for servicing today morning and had the chance to see the new Jazz.
All the new Jazz were the Select variant only.
Here are the observations w.r.t the old one -
  • There is chrome on the front grill and at the rear too below the hatch glass which looks absolutely hideous. I would recommend people to consider the base variant or the X variant, which does not have the chrome overdose.
  • The interior quality is same as before, top notch
  • The beige color is lighter and similar to ANHC. I prefer the old one
  • The MID and the central orange display does not look good IMO
  • The redesigned bumpers look sportier and better than the old one.
  • The seat reclining is a good couple of inches and definitely a welcome addition.

From the morning, there have been 3-4 guys in my office who have approached me to find out more about the car. All of them were thinking about Swift ZXi/ZDI.

Last edited by adimicra : 19th August 2011 at 14:48.
adimicra is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 14:54   #899
BHPian

One thing I do notice is absence of 1 Re Honda insurance is gone now.
The standard 4 years warranty and 4 year RSA is now paid.

So, we have to pay extra for these 3 things for ANHZ, correct?

CMIIW.
Old 19th August 2011, 15:04   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Even Civic does not have lumbar support adjustment. I don't see that getting added in Jazz or for that matter in any of the hatches in India...
Sir, with due respects, please check facts before posting..

Even the 'Civic' may not have lumbar support adjustments on front seat, but the Tata Indica Vista has it.. Its not that it is absent from any of the hatches in India; it's simply that you haven't seen/been in one that has the feature.

cheers,
aK
Closed Thread

Most Viewed