Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 19:09   #931
Senior - BHPian

Could it be two figures one being for the petrol and one for the diesel. Because practically all other manufacturers have both petrol and diesel variants.
Whereas Honda only sell petrols currently.
Just a thought.
Old 19th August 2011, 20:35   #932
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Jazz X : 6.06L ex showroom Delhi
Swift ZDI : 6.36L ex showroom Delhi

The confusion just grows. The swift does score over the jazz in terms of cheaper running cost due to the Diesel, Automatic AC, and the reputed Maruti After sales.
It boils down to your running I feel. Less then 1000kms/month: Go for the Jazz. Otherwise the Swift.

BTW whats the FE one can expect in the city with the Jazz?
i get 14.5 consistent in delhi with AC on at all times
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 20:36   #933
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
I have a similar quote but I doubt it. 2 reasons:
1. Other dealers don't have a quote. They say this is provisional and may be revised.
2. Chennai has been quoted similar OTR. With octroi in Mumbai prices here should be higher. Hoping the prices quoted is right.
Oh I hope that quote from Arya is true. But I am surprised that Solitaire or Linkway don't have confirmed price list as yet.
Its even more surprising as I got an SMS from Solitaire saying book All new Jazz for 5.82L for select model.

Nonetheless I will visit Solitaire Honda tomorrow just to know more, perhaps I'd be able to entice a better answer personally rather than on the phone.
Old 19th August 2011, 23:11   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Bumping this question again, What is this Standard Kit? The brochures does not mention anything.
Standard kit , which costs 8k in bangalore, consists of the body color grill and the rear spoiler. If you want you can get it changed for the base and Select variant as well depending on how much you fancy chrome on your cars. I wish they could charge little bit and allowed changing the color of the interiors as well on select.

Above information is gathered from Magnum Honda, bangalore
v-drive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 00:52   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-drive

Standard kit , which costs 8k in bangalore, consists of the body color grill and the rear spoiler. If you want you can get it changed for the base and Select variant as well depending on how much you fancy chrome on your cars. I wish they could charge little bit and allowed changing the color of the interiors as well on select.

Above information is gathered from Magnum Honda, bangalore
But the X version already comes with a body colored front grill. Will love to see what kind of spoiler they are providing, but at 8k it feels like a steal.
Old 20th August 2011, 08:38   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry

Oh I hope that quote from Arya is true. But I am surprised that Solitaire or Linkway don't have confirmed price list as yet.
Its even more surprising as I got an SMS from Solitaire saying book All new Jazz for 5.82L for select model
the price must be true. There is an ad in the paper announcing new jazz starting at 5.57 lakhs without octroi. Thats about 7k more than Delhi. So select should be 5.82. With octroi, insurance and registration, 6.78. Add 10k for extended warranty and RSA. That's just 10k more than outgoing model discounted price with addition of uSB and reclining seat!!!
Old 20th August 2011, 08:56   #937
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
What about the quality of plastics and materials used and the overall fit and finish of the product? Honda isnt used to giving out its products at these prices. There definitely has to be some areas where Honda must have tried to save some costs.
I'd been to a Honda showroom in Bangalore and checked out the interior of the new Jazz. Compared it with my '10 Jazz and I can safely say that the quality remains untouched. It is still a quality product, without doubt!

Quote:
But what I don't get is that the ARAI figures for the Jazz as listed on the website is 16.7kmpl. How can people get more then that in real life?

Swift Diesel should return 15-16kmpl in city traffic right?
Quote:
Guys so like can I safely assume to get 15kmpl on this car in city driving with the 100% AC? Jazz owners can you please throw some light on this? I am looking to buy a small hatch for the city runs and had shortlisted the diesel swift/ ritz( in case I cant get hold of a swift fast). But suddenly the petrol Jazz has started looking like a very good buy. Also how ever much Maruti improves they still can't match Honda's quality. We have a NHC at home and love it.
We've driven our Jazz for a couple of 1000 kms. It's a '10 Jazz. In the city, we get, on a regular basis, 14-16 km/liter with the AC on, which I think is phenomenal for any car in India. We've driven it to Mysore and back once and we recorded 20 km/liter while doing 80 km/h - 100 km/h in 5th gear. We're mighty impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Why it is so difficult for Honda to make a electronic 'fresh air re-circulation' control? While people are complaining about the lack of ACC, I was hoping that the new Jazz will not have a mechanical slider.
Well, it is a feature that could have been added. But the manual controller does the job just as well as the A.C.C. And I would look at it this way: There is one less electronic gadget that would malfunction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! View Post
I have booked the swift Zxi. I am seriously thinking of cancelling and going for the Honda Jazz.How does the Jazz compare in the fun factor? i think on all other aspects it is far ahead of the swift.
You're right. And you've answered your own question. I believe that the only advantage the Swift has over the Jazz is that it is more fun to drive. That said, the Jazz isn't too shabby. It would ditch its heels and sprint as fast, if not faster, than the new Swift. Around corners, it doesn't like to be thrown and chucked, but the Swift does.

You can still have fun with the Jazz. I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
the new jazz is very very tempting at the new pricing , packed with features.
I was in the market for a petrol car i would book the new jazz eyes closed.
How is this going to affect the used car price? how much would a 2009/10 jazz cost in bangalore
Not completely sure. But I'd reckon that a low-mileage '10 Jazz (like mine) would go for a minimum 5 lakhs. If you do find an example like ours, go for it without thinking too much.

The used-Jazz prices will fall, now that the prices have been dropped considerably. But that shouldn't be a problem. I think it's a good thing, for those looking for a used and reliable premium petrol hatch.
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 09:00   #938
BHPian

Y'day evening went to the dealers and took a look at the New Jazz. Observations:

a. Interiors as mentioned by RavenAvi and Adimicra is top notch. No compromise on the fit and finish.
b. Ralleye Red was the color of the car and as always it looked awesome.
c. From the front, the car looks more aggressive but in the Select Version that was on display it had a shiny 'tooth' in the form of big chrome treatment on its grill. Not only does it not go with the car style but it looks very ungainly. IMO, while the original version had very good looks, it had also clean lines. This chrome business just does not suit it all. Need to check for alternatives.
d. The amber back light does not look bad at all; personally I would have preferred a blue backlight. Having said that it is not a deal breaker.

Some photos that I took - not of very good quality for some reason the flash did not fire.Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-honda-jazz_c.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-honda-jazz_b.jpg

The huge chrome treatment - does not look good at all.
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-honda-jazz_d.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-honda-jazz_a.jpg

Last edited by aaren : 20th August 2011 at 09:05. Reason: Additional comments to the post.
aaren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 10:15   #939
srh
BHPian

The right move by Honda. This is now the best deal for anyone looking for a petrol hatch. Nothing comes close in terms of space, refinement, reliability and fit & finish

Competition is good for us
Old 20th August 2011, 10:28   #940
Senior - BHPian

Would not have another 50K off been the killer pricing?
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 10:40   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad
Would not have another 50K off been the killer pricing?
You bet. But then guess no one will buy an i10 or Ritz .

I think pricing is fine. It is afterall B+ segment hatch. Try squeezing in more goodies from dealer to get a great deal.
Old 20th August 2011, 11:06   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
the price must be true. There is an ad in the paper announcing new jazz starting at 5.57 lakhs without octroi. Thats about 7k more than Delhi. So select should be 5.82. With octroi, insurance and registration, 6.78. Add 10k for extended warranty and RSA. That's just 10k more than outgoing model discounted price with addition of uSB and reclining seat!!!
Whew!! That's super then. Can anyone tell me what this reclining seat thingamagik? Is the backrest adjustable or the entire seat moves just like the fronts?
Old 20th August 2011, 11:39   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry

Whew!! That's super then. Can anyone tell me what this reclining seat thingamagik? Is the backrest adjustable or the entire seat moves just like the fronts?
Saw the car at Ballard Estate yesterday. the back rest can be reclined by a few inches. it does make a difference. the back seats do not move forward.
sraye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 12:06   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
Saw the car at Ballard Estate yesterday. the back rest can be reclined by a few inches. it does make a difference. the back seats do not move forward.
Aha! Thanks for this. So this might help liberating few a little more boot space. I hope Solitaire has the car available today.

Cheers
Old 20th August 2011, 12:13   #945
Senior - BHPian

Overall i gotta say with the new pricing, the Jazz is the best hatch you can buy. Its distincltly more premium as opposed to the other hatches available and no matter what we say, Honda is considered to be a premium brand in India.

The Jazz is a true international car and finally we will see it get its due in India.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks