Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2011, 08:25   #1096
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Is it just me or does everyone feel that the chrome does go well with the UT? So will the Beige Interiors. If only I could get the Driver side height adjuster, it would have been the Jazz Select in UT. Still keeping my options open till I TD the car which should happen by Thursday!
+1. IMO UT is probably the colour of choice for new Jazz. The chrome looks decent on UT. Those Chrome bars are a bit wide for my liking but acceptable on UT.
Old 24th August 2011, 09:37   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Hirenbhai, to be honest I am in the exact same dilemma whether Jazz or Swift ZDI. Will take a call once I get to TD the Swift. If I go for the Jazz, it would most probably be the Red or UT shade X variant and I would go in for beige seat covers / door pads, as the blue black doesnt look good on the Red / UT.
else a white ZDI may just make the cut
Welcome to the club then. Both these cars are priced so close to each other hence the conundrum.
Like you even I am waiting for a test drive and then decide, but in a way a decision has been made for me. My wife loves the jazz and has vowed to disown me if we get the Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I am exactly in the same dilemma as you guys. The price cut of the Jazz coupled is creating a headache (in a good way). I love the space and the magic seats options in the Jazz.
Seriously, its the space and practicality that has won me over. The Swift though a nice car on its own cannot match the Jazz on this aspect. Also Maruti should have provided with 60:40 seat splits considering the small boot.

Regards
Old 24th August 2011, 15:19   #1098
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Model - 1.2 Jazz X MT (they keep specifying this, makes me wonder about the AT)

They are offering the side-step illuminated garnishes and a few other accessories in exchange for the Corporate Discount.
Raven, Even the earlier Jazz X was mentioned as X-M/T, so am not reading too much into it. But an A/T would be a welcome addition..

How much does the illuminated side step garnish cost if one wants to buy it anyway? and what other accessories are they clubbing in the 8k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I dont need the USB port either. depending on my mood, I am either very particular about the music (have the CDs) or I dont care at all.

I think for some reason the facelifted Jazz jars my senses a bit. Its like seeing your hot favourite supermodel using botox maybe. While I really like beige interiors, I hate the way its done on this car. And as I said earlier the exterior chrome is seriously offputting. it could be because I am used to seeing the Jazz in a particular way.
You are right Selfdrive, the nice clean lines of the previous avtar are lost and they knocked off my favourite blue colour. The interiors in beige are a let down over what they had earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
but in a way a decision has been made for me. My wife loves the jazz and has vowed to disown me if we get the Swift.
So no need to TD, just go ahead and book the Jazz, important to keep the peace of the house intact..hehe
Old 24th August 2011, 16:37   #1099
BHPian

Does the Jazz have the Rear Parking Sensor? I just went through the brochure and Couldn't find it on the list.
Old 24th August 2011, 16:45   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Does the Jazz have the Rear Parking Sensor? I just went through the brochure and Couldn't find it on the list.
Nope, its not standard feature on any variant!
Old 24th August 2011, 16:49   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
No, it does not come as standard on any of the Jazz variants. This can easily be fitted after market at a fraction of the cost that Honda would have charged.

Quote:
My wife loves the jazz and has vowed to disown me if we get the Swift.

Seriously, its the space and practicality that has won me over. The Swift though a nice car on its own cannot match the Jazz on this aspect. Also Maruti should have provided with 60:40 seat splits considering the small boot.

Regards
If this is going to be the only car in the family, then the Jazz makes more sense than the Swift space-wise. I remember you mentioning that you plan to sell off the Civic.
Old 24th August 2011, 17:47   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So no need to TD, just go ahead and book the Jazz, important to keep the peace of the house intact..hehe
Exactly! Peace of mind and my mental health intact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
If this is going to be the only car in the family, then the Jazz makes more sense than the Swift space-wise. I remember you mentioning that you plan to sell off the Civic.
Agree, but the diesel fuel savings is such an attraction, but I guess that will be compensated by the car. Still want to take a TD of the Jazz. It seems Solitaire has the pre-facelift car available for a TD, so will have a go at that this weekend.
Old 24th August 2011, 18:04   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You will not really need it unless you are paranoid about touching the bumper. The Jazz mirrors provide excellant view. Incase the space is extremely tight, I open my door and back up.
Old 24th August 2011, 18:10   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
You will not really need it unless you are paranoid about touching the bumper. The Jazz mirrors provide excellant view. Incase the space is extremely tight, I open my door and back up.
Thanks mail4ajo, I was actually concerned because my sister might just find the car a bit big. So was inquiring. Anyways will ask her to do a TD before.
Old 24th August 2011, 18:29   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
My wife loves the jazz and has vowed to disown me if we get the Swift.
Same problem here. Worse still, wife says she'll hang around with me as long as we own ANY CAR other than the Swift. Her argument? You guys may need a fun-to-drive car, but what I need is a fun-for-family car. Swift is certainly not a fun-for-family car. It is claustrophobic, has small rear windows, has an even smaller boot space than before and its very nature is that it tempts drivers to push it to the limit (hence, not safe for families).

The Jazz? Ahhh, wife loves it. It scores 10/10 as a fun-for-family car. Ticks all her requirements in the fun-for-family checklist, with cabin/boot space, comfort, refinement, fit and finish, premium feel, etc. Good FE is an added bonus for her. She couldn't care less about the engine, torque/power or other capabilities.

Quote:
Also Maruti should have provided with 60:40 seat splits considering the small boot.
Trust Maruti to ignore some of these simple fitments. The Ritz has split seat across all variants. Can't really understand why Swift was denied the same feature. Having said that, I still can't understand why Hyundai does not have split seats on the Indian I10, especially since it manufactures them for some of its export models.

I'm really glad that Honda has...

1. Offered ALL safety features across all three Jazz variants. Something that I have not come across in other hatches. I can only hope that other manufacturers emulate Honda's gesture.

2. Priced its three Jazz variants barely about Rs 25K from each other. contrast it to the price list of the new Swift and you will notice that there is a substantial difference between the LDI/LXI, VDI/VXI and the ZDI/ZXI.

I'm now waiting for about 2 years or so, so that I can lay my hands on a well-maintained second hand Jazz for about Rs 4.5L.

Last edited by misquitas : 24th August 2011 at 18:51.
Old 24th August 2011, 19:00   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Found this review online! Enjoy guys
Was posted by Uday.ere on page 72 (Post no.1073)

Last edited by curiosity : 24th August 2011 at 19:00. Reason: Wrong Page Number
Old 24th August 2011, 19:07   #1107
BHPian

Checked out the Jazz in person at Capital Honda, Chennai. Looks great and I couldn't find any "evidence" of cost-cutting. The reclining rear seat is a good addition, although it isn't clear what difference it makes to the boot space.

The chrome grille / license plate lip aren't to my taste, but they might be acceptable with some colours.

The mudflaps look rock solid and are a brilliant touch.

They had filled the boot with suitcases and bags of various sizes to demonstrate the space. It does have acres of usable space.

The current design looks a tad bit contrived.

The OTR prices are as under:
Base - 651,689
Select - 680,039
X - 707,265 (Std. Kit - 8150)

Extended Warranty - 5600
RSA - 4000

The booking amount is 10,000 with a projected waiting period of 45 to 60 days. The SP mentioned they would offer a discount on the insurance premium at the time of booking.

Quote:
How much does the illuminated side step garnish cost if one wants to buy it anyway? and what other accessories are they clubbing in the 8k?
The standard kit that you get for 8K consists of the front grille and the rear spoiler. Nothing else. Having a variant called X and selling the grille and spoiler separately is pretty lame IMO.

Quote:
You are right Selfdrive, the nice clean lines of the previous avtar are lost and they knocked off my favourite blue colour. The interiors in beige are a let down over what they had earlier.
Exactly my thoughts. I quite liked the design of the previous version and loved the dark blue colour.

Last edited by spindoc : 24th August 2011 at 19:10.
spindoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 19:14   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Looks like all the wives like the Jazz.
and why not. it's a brilliant car that ticks all the right boxes.
and interior space wise i feel it's as if not more comfortable than the ANHC.
When we were looking to buy the ANHC we checked out the Jazz.
Both my parents and I were thoroughly impressed with the Jazz.
However the need for a sedan made us pick the ANHC.
If that was not a criteria then it was easily the jazz.
It's clearly the best hatch in the market. And with the right price now.
It's a no brainer.
What i feel is if you are on the lookout for a premium hatch the Q is not what hatch to buy?
But...
What colour should my Jazz be!?!
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 19:59   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
The Jazz? Ahhh, wife loves it. It scores 10/10 as a fun-for-family car. Ticks all her requirements in the fun-for-family checklist, with cabin/boot space, comfort, refinement, fit and finish, premium feel, etc. Good FE is an added bonus for her. She couldn't care less about the engine, torque/power or other capabilities.
Yes, the Jazz has a way to charm the lady of the house and then all your rationalisations for the other more 'VFM' cars available are tossed outta the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
The standard kit that you get for 8K consists of the front grille and the rear spoiler. Nothing else. Having a variant called X and selling the grille and spoiler separately is pretty lame IMO.
No no, I am aware of the 8K accessory kit on the X variant. My question was to Raven who quoted that for the 8K corporate discount, the dealer offered him the illuminated side step garnish and a few other accessories. Apologies spindoc, if my post misled you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Looks like all the wives like the Jazz.
and why not. it's a brilliant car that ticks all the right boxes.
and interior space wise i feel it's as if not more comfortable than the ANHC.
When we were looking to buy the ANHC we checked out the Jazz.
Both my parents and I were thoroughly impressed with the Jazz.
However the need for a sedan made us pick the ANHC.
If that was not a criteria then it was easily the jazz.
It's clearly the best hatch in the market. And with the right price now.
It's a no brainer.
+1, the Jazz at current prices is a no brainer for folks in the market for a hatch in that budget.

the facelifted ANHC seems to be well on its way, since the SA offered a flat 50K off on the already discounted City prices - and I only casually asked the City prices

Last edited by uday.ere : 24th August 2011 at 20:04.
uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 20:11   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the Jazz has a way to charm the lady of the house and then all your rationalisations for the other more 'VFM' cars available are tossed outta the window.
Added to this is the fact that my better half loves hatches. Says sedans are too big (I guess it is more of a matter of perception) for our busy traffic/narrow roads. She also loves the ability in a hatch (yes we have removed the parcel tray) to bend over the back seat and pick up a bag without having to get out of the car -- something which is almost impossible in the boot of a sedan.

Better still was her delight when I told her that the Jazz is only 5 cms longer than the new swift and both are identical in width. She was, like "WOW, the Jazz looks huge (inside and outside) compared to the Swift." The 10-odd cup holders, double glove box, magic seats, flat folding split seats (contrast it to the Ritz split seats which do not fold flat to the level of the boot floor) of the Jazz simply bowled her over. Yes, for her, the car should have the practical utility/space of a Godrej cupboard.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks