Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2011, 02:12   #1171
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddam View Post
Hello fellow Team-BHPians!

This is my first post on the forum and I feel privileged to part of this community!

~
~

Guys, please help me out. Any piece of advise would be appreciated.
Not much to do against an arrogant dealer, if he is not interested in a particular sale and doesn't even care if the customer opts to back out of the deal. In any case he is going to make you wait like all other customers who are making a fresh booking.

Now, that you have been patient for so long, may i suggest you to hold it for some more time and get it in a variant and color of your choice. And having prepared yourself for the new waiting period, what you must do is, to switch to a different dealership, since the relation with the current one is already going sour.

May be you could avoid many more headaches like these in the future.
Old 28th August 2011, 09:48   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I think it just goes down a bit. But on this one, our Honda elite panelists, Mdsaab or Charthom will be able to answer
Thanks VB
Felt great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
This may seem like a noob question, but pardon my ignorance. In the feature list of the Jazz under safety & security there's something called "Driver side auto pinch guard". How does this work ? Will the window roll down a little in the event of an obstruction ?
Right so this is how it works with the ANHC.
guessing it will be the same for the Jazz.
Upon meeting an obstruction while rolling up in auto one touch mode.
It rolls back down to exactly half way in the ANHC.
It works rather well. Now one thing i am yet to try is if the obstruction is about half way, but i am guessing then the window would roll down fully.
Don't worry the anti pinch feature works rather well.
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 15:27   #1173
Senior - BHPian

The roll down of windows in anti pinch feature rolls down the window full in Jazz. It's a great feature to have.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:26   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Dre@ms Your information have helped me a lot in understanding exact situation about honda jazz at chennai.Did you get your hands on the rallye red beauties?
Glad my posts helped you.
I am yet to have a look at the new Jazz, work doesnt permit a visit to Sundaram.
How about you? When is your delivery of Jazz expected?
Old 29th August 2011, 13:48   #1175
BHPian

hey all, posting after a long time! visited the magnum honda in bangalore this morning and was told that the waiting period for the jazz now stands at 6 months! i called the other two honda dealers and they gave a waiting period of 3 months. Anyone from bangalore confirm the actual waiting period ?
Old 29th August 2011, 14:10   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos View Post
i called the other two honda dealers and they gave a waiting period of 3 months. Anyone from bangalore confirm the actual waiting period ?
Magnum Honda quoting me between 6 weeks to 3 months. I have also learnt that even the first lot of vehicles has not been released from the factory as yet and all the cars which have been sold were the display cars. Now, can't confirm this as there are too many people in the information chain, but seems to be the case, as i know couple of folks personally who in their excitement have picked up the display cars and rest all, its varied waiting periods depending on where in the sales cycle you are, or whom do you talk. But 6 months have to be the craziest i have heard.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:16   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-drive View Post
Magnum Honda quoting me between 6 weeks to 3 months. I have also learnt that even the first lot of vehicles has not been released from the factory as yet and all the cars which have been sold were the display cars. Now, can't confirm this as there are too many people in the information chain, but seems to be the case, as i know couple of folks personally who in their excitement have picked up the display cars and rest all, its varied waiting periods depending on where in the sales cycle you are, or whom do you talk. But 6 months have to be the craziest i have heard.
according to magnum honda, they apparantly got the message from honda today that the delivery period is 6 months! this is really crazy. i am going there now to speak to the manager, will keep you posted on the same.
xstream_nos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 14:42   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddam View Post
I called up Honda One to One and registered a complaint.
Hey Siddam,
Have you heard from the One2One folks? They generally are very responsive especially with respect to dealer feedback. Suggest you follow up once again with them. (you can use their contact form as well).

They have a facebook presence (Honda Car India | Facebook) too and do generally respond to queries.

Alternately, have you considered getting your Jazz from Hubli /Kolhapur? You can get it on temp registration from there and do the permanent registration at Goa?

Cheers,
Uday
Old 29th August 2011, 14:48   #1179
BHPian

Dealers have their own whims and fancies, is what I learnt over the last few weeks. To 'close' or 'hasten' a sale a dealer would quote fancy numbers for waiting period. Honda dealers have a sense of snobbishness too....

I had once such experience with Prime Honda in East Delhi yesterday. Walked in on a Sunday for a TD of Jazz, 7-8 customers in the dealership. Two sales girls frantically running around, a group of sales consultants in the backoffice looking through the glass windows for customers standing on the floor with no one even at the reception counter.

So we decided to sit in each and every car displayed there, Jazz, City 3 variants, Civic and Accord....people see us moving from car to car..no response still!

Another customer shouts for attention and a man hurriedly points someone to come out of the backoffice...this sales guy mistakenly comes to us and we ask for a Jazz TD...He says the car is away and the moment it returns we will get a TD.

Meanwhile my friend manages to speak to one of the Sales ladies who appears extremely busy and asks for the same.."Very difficult today sir, I'l see what I can do" is the reply...

Anyway the TD car comes back and we hurriedly tell our sales guy that the car is back..he calls up the driver only to be told that the car is going for a 1.5 hour TD....yes 1.5 hours of TD with someone...he forces the driver to take us for a 'short' drive, the driver is actually another sales consultant who gets out of the driver's seat and moves away as if doing us a favor. No License check, no paperwork, we are in the car...take a 10 min TD are dropped back at the dealership and vroom...the car is gone! There were others waiting for a TD too!!!

Anyway, we decided to walk away when we thought that at least lets collect a price sheet, we walk in again..only to find a weirdo sitting at the reception, we ask for a price list..he says..'Which Car?' and we are like u only have one price list for all cars...he asks again and we say Jazz...

We are given a 2 month old price list with the old prices..we did not bother to stay there a minute longer...

BTW, we were told through pan stained teeth of a sales consultant that the waiting period is 3 months...

Jai ho Honda dealers....Prime Honda...in real prime of its life..
Old 29th August 2011, 15:59   #1180
Senior - BHPian

What a turnaround for Jazz. From having no takers to a 6 month waiting period ! Shows how Honda products were way overpriced in the market. With correct pricing, both Jazz as well as City are flying off the shelves despite no Diesel options.

Now when is Honda going to correct pricing on Civic, Accord & CRV !
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 16:42   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
according to magnum honda, they apparantly got the message from honda today that the delivery period is 6 months! this is really crazy. i am going there now to speak to the manager, will keep you posted on the same.
I don't think Honda would have communicated this message to them. Looks like the dealership is bluffing.

I read this thread earlier and made a few calls. The ASM of Honda's Central Zone specifically says that the Jazz has just gone into it's 3rd month of waiting, which means anyone booking a Jazz (specially the Select variant) will get it after 29th October, most likely in the first week of November. The Base (S) variant is available within a month, and the X within 2 months.

Deliveries will commence from 15th September onwards. This is confirmed.

My suggestion - contact your dealer and tell them this, and ask for a written confirmation of Honda telling them about the waiting period of 6 months for the Jazz. Call Honda directly and report this to them. Then go to them, book the Jazz, and get a written confirmation from them for delivery within the first week of November, not more. I bet they will realise their bluff and go along with you.

btw, don't expect any discounts except corporate. The Jazz is pretty hot in the bookings right now.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 17:07   #1182
BHPian

Even I got the same info from my ASM a couple of weeks back, fresh bookings would be delivered in the month of November.
Old 29th August 2011, 18:03   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I don't think Honda would have communicated this message to them. Looks like the dealership is bluffing.

I read this thread earlier and made a few calls. The ASM of Honda's Central Zone specifically says that the Jazz has just gone into it's 3rd month of waiting, which means anyone booking a Jazz (specially the Select variant) will get it after 29th October, most likely in the first week of November. The Base (S) variant is available within a month, and the X within 2 months.

Deliveries will commence from 15th September onwards. This is confirmed.

My suggestion - contact your dealer and tell them this, and ask for a written confirmation of Honda telling them about the waiting period of 6 months for the Jazz. Call Honda directly and report this to them. Then go to them, book the Jazz, and get a written confirmation from them for delivery within the first week of November, not more. I bet they will realise their bluff and go along with you.

btw, don't expect any discounts except corporate. The Jazz is pretty hot in the bookings right now.

Spoke to another dealer Dakshin Honda, they commited to delivery within 3 months and would give it in writing as well. so the other dealer magnum was indeed bluffing. will be booking the jazz x now.
Old 29th August 2011, 18:10   #1184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to another dealer Dakshin Honda, they commited to delivery within 3 months and would give it in writing as well. so the other dealer magnum was indeed bluffing. will be booking the jazz x now.
Congratulations, bud!

Sometimes these dealers try to be over-smart, and in doing so shoot themselves in the foot.

Get the delivery commitment in written from Dakshin, and wave it in front of the Magnum people's faces. See how they turn red!

If you are in service, press for the corporate discount as well. It varies between 8K-10K depending on the state, and you can trade that for some free accessories like the illuminated side-step garnishes (in my case, I was offered the entire Mode kit in exchange for 8K Corporate Discount).

Welcome to the Jazz club in advance!
Old 29th August 2011, 22:43   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Glad my posts helped you.
I am yet to have a look at the new Jazz, work doesnt permit a visit to Sundaram.
How about you? When is your delivery of Jazz expected?
Went to both sundaram and capital honda,they had a ralley red in display.they were pretty cool. As far as my waiting period goes i have been asked to wait for 2 months to get my hands on UT beauty.Did you talk to sundaram folks ? whats the waiting period they are saying?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks