Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 23:39   #1186
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

I am loving this. Couple of months back, this was the whipping boy from the Honda stable. And now it’s suddenly the blue-eyed baby

So much of wonders a price reduction can do. Good to see the Jazz getting all the well-deserved attention!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 23:40   #1187

People,

I am a proud owner of New Honda Jazz! Got my hands on a tafetta white select :-)
Will get complete the paperwork tomorrow :-) After the earlier fiasco, my dealer coastal Honda finally did something good to me.What a turn around in my otherwise sad story. Its a company hypothicated vehicle so registration will take sometime. But nevertheless, I feel ecstatic.
Old 30th August 2011, 00:09   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddam View Post
People,

I am a proud owner of New Honda Jazz! Got my hands on a tafetta white select :-)
Will get complete the paperwork tomorrow :-) After the earlier fiasco, my dealer coastal Honda finally did something good to me.What a turn around in my otherwise sad story. Its a company hypothicated vehicle so registration will take sometime. But nevertheless, I feel ecstatic.

Siddam, congrats dude on the new jazz. Waiting for pics and ownership review.
Old 30th August 2011, 00:13   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddam
People,

congrats!! please do a detailed PDI if possible. Just search for the checklist .Also looking forward to a detailed ownership report with photos.
Old 30th August 2011, 00:13   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
People,

Congratulations!

We would be waiting for pictures and ownership thread. I am sure it will be raining Jazz in the initial ownership thread soon
Old 30th August 2011, 05:19   #1191

Thanks haithereitsme, sraye and SunilM! Couldn't sleep all night! I will do a detailed PDI tonite. Will post the pictures asap.

@Existing Jazz Owners: In your experience, is it worth spending 10K on extended warranty and road side assistantance?
@Experienced car buyers: Any suggestions for free accessories that I can push for?
Old 30th August 2011, 09:58   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Congrats siddam! Don't delay the initial ownership report and remember; loads of pics are called for
Old 30th August 2011, 10:22   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I am loving this. Couple of months back, this was the whipping boy from the Honda stable. And now it’s suddenly the blue-eyed baby

So much of wonders a price reduction can do. Good to see the Jazz getting all the well-deserved attention!
If only Honda had come up with this move a month or two ago, many of those 50K Swift bookings would have gone in favour of the Jazz. The petrol ones in particular. Looks like Honda were deliberately waiting this long to spoil the Swift's party. The issues at Manesar plant will have further repercussions.

Quote:
People,

Congrats. Awaiting pictures and a detailed review. Nice choice of colour there.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 30th August 2011 at 10:24.
Old 30th August 2011, 10:23   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Went to both sundaram and capital honda,they had a ralley red in display.they were pretty cool. As far as my waiting period goes i have been asked to wait for 2 months to get my hands on UT beauty.Did you talk to sundaram folks ? whats the waiting period they are saying?
When I made my booking, I opted for the Rallye Red, and that is the color now available everywhere. Since my booking was done when the discount announced, I am the first in the queue
Got a call from Sundaram yesterday stating that my vehicle is allotted. I was like shellshocked, cos, I have clearly told him I have to see at the Red, UT and Black to decide. Anyways, didnt budge much, told him I will visit the showroom and talk about it.
As of now facing some financial crunch, so my hands on the Jazz would get delayed
Old 30th August 2011, 10:53   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
People,

Congrats Siddam. Awaiting the detailed review log. Yours is the first new Jazz on T-BHP if I am not mistaken.
Old 30th August 2011, 11:12   #1196
BHPian

I had gone to Magnum Honda on the 28th. The sales rep told me waiting for Jazz is 2.5 months, and they had 50-60 bookings already. No discounts (except corporate) and no free accessories. They had sold out the initial lot of cars received.

For city waiting was about 15 days and he mentioned 50K discount straightaway.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:20   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
I had gone to Magnum Honda on the 28th. The sales rep told me waiting for Jazz is 2.5 months, and they had 50-60 bookings already. No discounts (except corporate) and no free accessories. They had sold out the initial lot of cars received.

For city waiting was about 15 days and he mentioned 50K discount straightaway.
thats the game of design and supply.... meanwhile tata is selling the nano with a 15k down payment...

as of now, the Jazz market is a sellers market.

btw. how did they reduce the price so much? will there be any compromise in materials used or quality?
Old 30th August 2011, 13:18   #1198
cLJ
BHPian

Quote:
@Existing Jazz Owners: In your experience, is it worth spending 10K on extended warranty and road side assistantance?
It is too early to say whether it will be useful or not, but IMO it would be benificial to have the road side assistance, since anything can go wrong anytime. After all car is a motor.
Old 30th August 2011, 13:28   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
btw. how did they reduce the price so much? will there be any compromise in materials used or quality?
The lower prices are largely the result of indigenisation of expensive imported parts. There are huge savings on customs duty and shipping.

Even a 15%-25% increase in sales can reduce some overheads enough to cut prices further. So it sort of snowballs till a pricing sweet spot is arrived at.
Old 30th August 2011, 13:39   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cLJ View Post
It is too early to say whether it will be useful or not, but IMO it would be benificial to have the road side assistance, since anything can go wrong anytime. After all car is a motor.
Most insurance companies also provide roadside assistance for a very small additional fee. (some have it already built-in the policy). Extended Warranty - while it is always good to have, Hondas are ideally known to be bullet proof. Just stick to your service schedules with Honda service and you ideally should be fine unless you could among the 1 % unlucky ones whose car has an issue with engine, gearbox, AC.

Last edited by dipen : 30th August 2011 at 13:41.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed